Down 37 pounds from 9/4/2020 - 10/09/2020 next weigh in tomorrow!

So far I am doing well. I am using some of the recipes from myfitnesspal and my wife and Jesus are keeping me on track! I am trying to log everything that goes in my mouth. I have lost enough pounds to start to feel better. I started at 399 so it will take a lot of shed pounds to feel a lot better! So far so good! Every day so far I am under the amount calories that my daily intake is. That is helping me to lose faster than my goal. I am very glad that I down loaded this a[[ to my phone. I am 66 this past August and was on my way to an early grave.

Replies

• supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    You are doing great, keep it up👍
  • fat2thingirl
    fat2thingirl Posts: 41 Member
    Great job!! :) that's awesome!!!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    What an inspiration. Great job :):) !!
  • Lorri127
    Lorri127 Posts: 36 Member
    Fantastic!!! I love hearing stories like yours. Keep up the great work, very inspiring! :):):)
  • ahzerie2
    ahzerie2 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, are you doing any exercises? If so, what seems to work?
  • Leezy55
    Leezy55 Posts: 339 Member
    Wonderful! Keep us posted.
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Excellent!!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Excellent job!
  • FourWindsWalker
    FourWindsWalker Posts: 143 Member
    WAHOOO!
  • kascroyle
    kascroyle Posts: 1 Member
    thats awesome! keep up to good work
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    Wonderful! Keep up the great work!
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    So wonderful..... Keep up the great work!
  • the_vibrant_mom
    the_vibrant_mom Posts: 19 Member
    Wow, that's awesome! Keep up the great work!
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work! Very inspiring
  • debbiex65
    debbiex65 Posts: 3 Member
    Keep up the good work
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 560 Member
    That's great! It is hard work but worth it!
  • robinssm34
    robinssm34 Posts: 8 Member
    Good for you! You're an inspiration.
  • LuisCardona83
    LuisCardona83 Posts: 2 Member
    Awesome! Keep up the great work!
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    At your weight it's good to get a quick start. In general the first 2 weeks you get a big drop and then slower loss in subsequent weeks.

I am a bit concerned you may be losing faster than is safe. Please consider getting medical supervision as you work on this to make sure you stay within safe nutritional guidelines.

Coming in under target is good if you are under by 5 or maybe 10%, but if you are consistently eating farther below your calorie target then you are risking nutritional deficits.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited October 2020
    To clarify--you basically lost 10% of your body weight in a month. That is really fast and probably not a safe rate of loss to sustain long-term. So consider your goals and expectations with that in mind.

The rule of thumb for people with a lower starting weight than you is aim for less than 2.5 lbs per week. For people of higher weight, the rule of thumb is maximum 2% per week (10% in 5 weeks = 35 days). So if you weighed 350 lbs today it means the sustainable maximum safe weight loss would be 35 lbs by November 20th.

Someone else around here posted that they've lost 80 lbs in 2020, starting from something a little over 300, iirc. I've lost 42 lbs in the past year starting from about 260 lbs. Do not become discouraged if your losses as measured in pounds decrease as your weight decreases. This is normal and arguably desirable.

Consider also the possibility of loose skin if you lose a lot of weight quickly in one big effort. It is okay to take a month every few months to eat at maintenance and let your weight plateau a little to see if your skin can catch up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!