October 2020 Monthly Running Challange

Replies

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    @rheddmobile Congrats on the fast mile and great bling!

@Camaramandy648 pets AND snacks! I'm in.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,428 Member
    Re hugging pets and stuffing face... I could totally hug my daughter's pet rabbit while I ram chocolate in my mouth! But yeah, fluffy cuddles are always good :-)

Who can run on the 11th of November and would like to join me for this? Free virtual relay marathon! We should have at least one MFP team in honour of our departed marathoners...

ETA: I started to sign myself up for it but there are various options for teams so I'll wait and see who wants to join in. If anyone. It's set up for teams of 6: 2 x 10k legs, 3 x 5k legs and a final 7.whatever the last bit is leg. Let me know if you wanna join me!

Sure, I'll join your team!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,654 Member
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Re hugging pets and stuffing face... I could totally hug my daughter's pet rabbit while I ram chocolate in my mouth! But yeah, fluffy cuddles are always good :-)

Who can run on the 11th of November and would like to join me for this? Free virtual relay marathon! We should have at least one MFP team in honour of our departed marathoners...

ETA: I started to sign myself up for it but there are various options for teams so I'll wait and see who wants to join in. If anyone. It's set up for teams of 6: 2 x 10k legs, 3 x 5k legs and a final 7.whatever the last bit is leg. Let me know if you wanna join me!

Sure, I'll join your team!

:-)
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member

I'm free. It's a holiday (veterans day) in the US
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    10-1 7k easy
    10-2 7k slow
    10-3 7k slow
    10-4 7k easy
    10-5 rest
    10-6 7k easy
    10-7 7k easy
    10-8 7k easy
    10-9 7k easy
    10-10 7k easy
    10-11 7k easy
    10-12 rest
    10-13 7k easy
    10-14 7k easy
    10-15 7k slow
    10-16 7k moderate

October Total: 98k
    October Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k
    June Total: 156k
    July Total: 180k
    August Total: 172k
    September Total: 176k

2020 Total through September: 1584k / 176k per month

Sunny, mid 40s F and no wind today. Slept well last night, so ran well today.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles - Completed 10-11
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020
    Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders -- Completed 9-29

2020 races:

9-8 to 9-13 "Virtual Boston with Vincent" Time goal 5:15:00; actual time 4:47:01
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    @Faebert my first thought: Your life is a marathon, not a sprint. You're in one segment right now but soon you'll be looking back at this, in a totally different segment. Be graceful with yourself. Running will be there.

@martaindale Sorry about your cancellation! I was so depressed when all my races got cancelled, but I found so much community in the virtual events. All of the ultras and marathons I have done this year have been through finding a space to be okay and thrive even when the world is on fire. Maybe it won't be virtual races for you, but I hope that you find that space.

@quilteryoyo I am so relieved you are still doing well!

@rheddmobile I read your post twice. Your words about form and push off are like gold to me. Tell me more! I had a ten minute something seconds pace last night and I was so happy!

Ran yesterday am and pm, then the coach sent over a million more post and pre-run exercises. I think I am getting faster. It's been only a few days, but I am much less sore than I would normally be and I feel better. Albeit sore in my core.

Today I didn't have to get out at 4am because the Aravaipa challenge for tonight is to run at night in a costume. I'm not doing a costume, I never win drawings anyway. But I am going to run at night after I've driven two hours to drop the kids with their dad, then lift. It will be a late night and I am not going to think about it anymore. It's kind of like "just don't look!" right before you jump off a cliff.

I hope you all have an amazing day!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    So I was struggling with an idea for Monday's podcast. Then I realized I have a racenon Saturday (small trail race usually capped at 100 runners) and can talk about the experience!

After the first few episodes I try to make the podcast about topics more runners can learn from rather than all about me but I figured this race is a good topic because everyone wants to know how it works and feels to race again.

@Camaramandy648 I think the JJ run has to be on the 16th not necessarily at night? Also, I'm just going to snap a photo and not actually run in my costume 🤣
  • Camaramandy648
    @RunsOnEspresso the best thing I can think of to do is cover myself in blood and roll around in some leaves and mud and see what happens. - For a costume. Not real blood. Maybe that's not such a bad idea.

It's too late now, I have to do it at night. Work all day, then kids to their dad, then run and lift.

This is fine, rotfl.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    @eleanorhawkins looks like it's free :) and I'm already signed up to run a holiday (Independence Day here) half marathon that day, so I'll gladly be part of a team and can commit to half the distance. I'd personally rather run in honor of our living MFP members, but won't complain if I'm out-voted ;)
  • RunsOnEspresso
    @RunsOnEspresso the best thing I can think of to do is cover myself in blood and roll around in some leaves and mud and see what happens. - For a costume. Not real blood. Maybe that's not such a bad idea.

It's too late now, I have to do it at night. Work all day, then kids to their dad, then run and lift.

This is fine, rotfl.

My costume is super lame. I have a wonder woman tank, black shorts, knee socks with little capes, and wonder woman sunglasses with my murica brooks 🤣 If I saved them I have wonder woman sweat bands for my wrists.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,654 Member
    I went ahead and set up a team for the Ekiden virtual relay marathon.
    Those interested in taking one of the slots, this is the place to go. You have to download the free Asics Runkeeper app, and it can be connected to Garmin etc. The password to join team MFP Monthly Challenge Gang is 0101.
    If you don't get there in time to grab a slot feel free to go ahead and set up more teams!
  • Scott6255
    I went ahead and set up a team for the Ekiden virtual relay marathon.
    Those interested in taking one of the slots, this is the place to go. You have to download the free Asics Runkeeper app, and it can be connected to Garmin etc. The password to join team MFP Monthly Challenge Gang is 0101.
    If you don't get there in time to grab a slot feel free to go ahead and set up more teams!

OK, I'm registered to run Leg#5 (10K). There are 4 slots available (as of this writing).
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    @eleanorhawkins I'm In!! Woo hoo. Probably be my first 5k. Can't wait!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    I took a 5k spot. I was going to do 10k but I'm doing a trail half the Saturday before. Figured 5k would be safer LOL
  • Camaramandy648

This is fine, rotfl.

My costume is super lame. I have a wonder woman tank, black shorts, knee socks with little capes, and wonder woman sunglasses with my murica brooks 🤣 If I saved them I have wonder woman sweat bands for my wrists.

Hahahaha this is going to be great :)
  • Scott6255
    I took a 5k spot. I was going to do 10k but I'm doing a trail half the Saturday before. Figured 5k would be safer LOL

That's cool and all, but just FYI... you can run anytime from November 11–22.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    edited October 2020
    Scott6255 wrote: »

That's cool and all, but just FYI... you can run anytime from November 11–22.

I'll probably still count my run from the 11th. My legs are usually trashed after a double digit trail run so I'll probably be doing lower mileage for the first few weeks after the half. Without knowing how I feel I didn't want to take a 10k spot & not be able to run it when someone else knows they can do it.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    @rheddmobile I just read strava removed flybys. You have to opt in for people to see you.