Investing in Apple Watch SE

Heyyy peeps , So I feel like getting the new Apple Watch SE for tracking purposes. Always heard that Apple Watch’s accuracies with calorie tracking are good. Never owned one before though . So any opinions on me getting the Watch? Ngl it is very expensive but it’ll an one time investment

Replies

• gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    I love my apple watch. It tracks everything for me. It does not sync up well with MFP though. I didn't buy it for the tracking though that was just a bonus. If you aren't interested in all the other things that it does then I think it would be a waste of money when you could get one that just tracks your movements.
  • bdelaney33
    bdelaney33 Posts: 150 Member
    I love the apple watch; the move rings/competitions - great motivator. I highly recommend it!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,514 Member
    Garmin still has an advantage for health tracking (particularly for activity tracking). Apple watch has the advantage for seamless integration with apple phone.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,340 Member
    My Apple Watch syncs perfectly with MFP. I’ve not had the problems others report.

It’s very accurate with step counts, seems to be accurate with calorie burns, love the reminders, loved Challenges a little too much and has to back off for a couple months. Love closing rings. Soooo much data. I love data.

It’s like a microcomputer on my wrist. Phone, texts, voice mail transcripts, I can even WhatsApp with a child overseas. And for some bizarre reason the weather on my watch is way more accurate than the forecast on my phone.

The fall detection dispatched 911 to an elderly neighbors house while her husband was still trying to get her off the floor. She had no idea it was on her phone and said she was so grateful when EMS showed up in minutes.

Mapping is awesome. Hey Siri! Map the rooster to so and so. Or if you’ve mapped it via your phone, it triggers the watch tooTurn your wrist as youre driving and big simple display shows you where and what direction the next turn is, and buzzes you when a change of direction, turn, merge etc is coming up. So much more user friendly than the native iPhone app.

Service is only $10 a month on my Phone account. I can sincerely say, worth every dime.

The only thing I can’t get to work is Apple Pay. Drives me nuts.
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    UmaMageswarymfp Posts: 280 Member
    Oh wow okay I think for one time purchase , it’s going to be an useful thing for me . Thank you guys . I’ll buy it
  • cjfrench1218
    cjfrench1218 Posts: 1 Member
    My Apple Watch syncs perfectly with MFP. I’ve not had the problems others report.

It’s very accurate with step counts, seems to be accurate with calorie burns, love the reminders, loved Challenges a little too much and has to back off for a couple months. Love closing rings. Soooo much data. I love data.

It’s like a microcomputer on my wrist. Phone, texts, voice mail transcripts, I can even WhatsApp with a child overseas. And for some bizarre reason the weather on my watch is way more accurate than the forecast on my phone.

The fall detection dispatched 911 to an elderly neighbors house while her husband was still trying to get her off the floor. She had no idea it was on her phone and said she was so grateful when EMS showed up in minutes.

Mapping is awesome. Hey Siri! Map the rooster to so and so. Or if you’ve mapped it via your phone, it triggers the watch tooTurn your wrist as youre driving and big simple display shows you where and what direction the next turn is, and buzzes you when a change of direction, turn, merge etc is coming up. So much more user friendly than the native iPhone app.

Service is only $10 a month on my Phone account. I can sincerely say, worth every dime.

The only thing I can’t get to work is Apple Pay. Drives me nuts.