I need help finding yum healthy recipes my family will want to eat

I am haveing trouble finding good recipes my family will acurrly enjoy, any ideas?

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    If you don’t already use Pinterest I’d suggest you start there. Literally thousands and thousands of recipes to cover any style of eating, any cuisine, any budget etc.

Without some idea of what foods your family likes and dislikes and what your individual interpretation of ‘healthy’ is, that’s the best I can do!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    If you don’t already use Pinterest I’d suggest you start there. Literally thousands and thousands of recipes to cover any style of eating, any cuisine, any budget etc.

Without some idea of what foods your family likes and dislikes and what your individual interpretation of ‘healthy’ is, that’s the best I can do!

Pinterest is a good source, or try Google. Search for recipes with ingredients your family will enjoy. The choices are limitless.
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    You might want to join the Recipe Swap! Group, there are loads of recipes, as well as links to great cooking sites like https://skinnytaste.com/.
    Here is the link to the group, I'm not sure if pasting it here will work: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/148-recipe-swap
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    You have it backwards. Take recipes your family will eat and make them healthy.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    I'm a single mom to 3 young kids and our weekly menu is usually:

Spaghetti w/salad and garlic bread <--sometimes adding meatballs, sometimes it's meatless, sometimes one kid just wants butted noodles and I'm ok with that
    Crockpot roast with carrots and warm bread and a salad <--all my kids love this. Great leftovers or can turn into a stew with added canned veggies.
    Make your own pizzas
    Easy night of either hotdogs or pizza rolls (I eat leftovers)
    Leftover night
    Stovetop, juicy chicken with a veggie and either bread or rice <--I make extra and usually a couple kids eat it as leftovers with me
    Takeout night
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    You have it backwards. Take recipes your family will eat and make them healthy.

Right here is the perfect answer! 😊
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    I like the websites Skinnytaste and Slender kitchen for recipes. I have found the more I used them the better I became at adapting my own recipes.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Rocco DiSpirito has written several books takes well known comfort foods and makes them healthier/lower calorie. He takes out the 'bad' stuff and tweaks them with other healthier items.

Perhaps make changes to meals a family endeavor? Go shopping with them and have them select a new, never tried vegetable or fruit, etc.,
    Have family involved in the preparation in the meals?