Looking for Kid friendly meals

giuliacarpenter
giuliacarpenter Posts: 13 Member
Hey everyone, looking for kid healthy recipes that I don't hear "aww mom i don't like this".

Replies

• My kids love making their own pizzas on the Joseph's pitas or low carb tortillas!
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    Bolognese (with grated carrot). Mix some spiralized veggies in to the pasta.

A mild chilli with loads of veg added, served on a mix of rice and riced cauliflower.
    In both cases, you could replace the beef with turkey mince for a healthier version.

Pizzas with a variety of veg toppings.

Mushroom / veg omelette served with oven-baked potato wedges.

Grilled chicken, chopped and added to a (home-made) tomato sauce stirred through conchiglie (pasta shells). I add mushrooms, quartered courgette slices, chopped onion, quartered cherry tomatoes. It could be topped with a little bit of grated cheddar or mozzarella.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    Get the kids involved with cooking.

Lasagna cupcakes is a dish I do with other peoples kids a lot, and they seem to enjoy making it and eating it. Serve with a green salad. If they kids are going to refuse green salad hide veg in the cupcakes in the form of grated carrot or grated courgette.

I normally substitute cottage cheese for ricotta because that is easier to source. Similarly I ditch the fresh mozarella.

https://emilybites.com/2011/07/lasagna-cupcakes.html
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    I'm a single mom to 3 kids, one with special needs and sensory issues (texture in food with him is big). Some meals that go over well for at least 2/3 kids are:

Stovetop, juicy chicken breasts (seasoned differently based on the kid) with a side salad (all my kids love salad) and warm bread.

Spaghetti - one kids love meatballs so he gets all those with a little spaghetti. Side veggie of some sort or salad with garlic bread.

Make your own pizza <--simple add water to dry mixture and each kid picks their toppings.

Crockpot roast or chicken to shreed for tacos. Tacos are versatile as one kids uses black beans instead of meat.
  • activeadriana
    activeadriana Posts: 70 Member
    How about making a salad with their favourite veggies? Anything could go in to a salad, green peppers, spinach, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, feta cheese etc. If they seem hesitant to try just tell them that part of the fun is trying different combinations of ingredients and they get to put whatever they want in their salad 🥗 😋
  • joshchapo
    joshchapo Posts: 186 Member
    Get them involved in cooking with you
    We don’t make special meals for our daughter we eat healthy she eats what we eat wife and I already agreed to not make anything specific for just her.

vl8bzadbifge.jpeg
    p9lfaut44v3g.jpeg
    hvnxwvyobuwk.jpeg
    73uyy7v554ej.jpeg