WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2020

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    I’m in awe of anyone who can bake successfully in a wood burning stove

When we lived in the shack off the grid for a year, I found baking in the fireplace easier than baking in an oven. I found it more precise and there was less chance of burning. :)

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    DrKatie: Sorry about the fall. Hope the knee heals quickly.

Evelyn: All you need is red/blue/yellow/white and you can make an infinite number of colours. Let yourself go, and have fun. Would love to see your finished masterpiece.

Debbie: WOW! Suffering major greenhouse envy! My little 10' x 6' does not compare.

Hubby presented me with just over 2lbs of crab apples from a tree in the garden. It's the first time we have got enough from it to make jelly worthwhile. It should make at least a couple of jars. We're not eating as much jams/jellies as we used to, but crab apple is one of our favourites. Our previous supply was from the edge of a local park, but they have ripped out the trees to build a new small electricity substation.

Barbara: Glad to hear that Joe is feeling better. Hurrah for line dancing again.

☘️ Terri
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Johnny!!!
    Ugh yesterday afternoon was a disaster...so the caregiver for Faith never showed and i couldnt get ahold of Jean for the longest time,when i did get ahold of her she called the agency,i guess the lady who comes left a message saying she couldnt work this weekend and the owner never got the message..so then Jean was going to come down,then she wanted me to work the weekend. Well i had plans for dinner last night that i had to give up because of all of this.i got a call as i was going down to my place to get more clothes and food for me and the dog ,saying the owner was picking someone off and dropping her ofd.
    I left Alfie home and they were supposed ro show by 6:30 ,then 7 so finally around 7:15 they pull in,by this time Fsith was fed and i had given her pills and she was asleep..
    Jean uses a service that the women are polish, most if not all barely speak english..
    So here i am tired and trying to go through the whole care plan with someone that cant really comprehend..so i have to go real slow.. and she brought no food or anything with her so that will tick Jean off ,they are supposed to provide for themselves when they come..
    Sooo by the time i get home and into bed its after 8 and im so worked up it took me forever to get to sleep..
    By golly this better be the last darn weekend I have to do anything like that.
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Full Fae She and Fae Sashay predawn patio workout complete.

Fae in the warm west winds of the gorge
  • Faetta
    Options
    Barbara Medicare part B covers the entire test and appointments. They didn't even bill the secondary. You do have to have your PCP or Oncologist recommend genetic counseling. Since they whacked out 25% of my colon to remove cancer, yet had the gall to refuse me a 25% off voucher for my next colonoscopy, it was the least they could do. :D

Fae feeling vindicated
  • Machka9
    Options
    We also have a huge variety savoury pies here ... but not what you'd call pot pies. Pot pies strike me has having quite a bit of gravy in them, whereas the pies here are more solid.

We don't have a lot of sweet pies. After 11 years, it still catches me off guard ... when someone says they're going to pick up some pies, my first thought is sweet pies, but of course they mean savoury pies.

Most of the savoury pies are meat, but my favourites are the cauliflower and cheese ones which are chalk full of cauliflower pieces coated with a creamy-cheesey sauce and topped with cheese. Curried chicken is pretty good too.

ey1sxjigijy4.png

pghsb3owdkcw.png

M in Oz
  • Faetta
    Options
    Evelyn So glad you are excited about the painting. That 11 X 14 canvas sounds intimidating. I have done a few but I like my 8 X 10 on hardboard. If your interest continues, check your local wineries as many have painting classes and nights and they can be a wonderful experience, especially the all-girl groups.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Friday -- nice day!

Walked 6.1 km
    Cycled 8 km ... a challenging little ride with 97 metres of climbing and half gravel
    And a few flights of stairs.

Saturday -- rain all day.

Walked 5.5 km on treadmill.

We also dropped by a couple tips shops to look at bricks and pavers. We're thinking of putting in a solid surface under the clothes line and also steps in one area where the ground slopes. We found some options and will go back tomorrow when it's not raining (I hope).

I'd also like to take a look for a small outdoor table for our pergola patio area. We've got a big one in there now, but it takes up so much space. I bought a bin of solar powered twinkle lights yesterday that will go around the beams along the outer edges so that we can be out there on warmer days as the evening comes and hopefully it will look pretty. I'm also hoping to be able to do some exercise out there ... which is one reason why we'd like a smaller table.

Ideally, it will become a nice relaxing spot to go in the evenings after work. :)

ga4h49gbtb4b.png

Machka in Oz
  • Faetta
    Options
    Tracey Best way to get an old man to the doctors is super glue.
  • Faetta
    Options
    Dr Katie Good grief girl, 5 stitches! I love your reports on organizing. I think it helps mentally not to live in disarray and clutter.
  • Faetta
    Options
    Kim Wow what a project and what a way to adapt and prevail. I used to take on a few contract bid side jobs in woodworking but always made very little for the time and stress involved.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Kelly- i just got a call at 7:30 ftom caregiver she didnt know how to do morning routine,after explanation last night ,so i had to drive up there and do it so she could see how its done...im just mentally exhausted..ugh
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,526 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Went for my 5k run with DH walking beside me. :D Lovely, but I was fighting an aching back all the way. My legs worked OK though. Sea like glass. People kayaking.

Michele - I looked up what it could possibly be and scared myself rotten. So I'm not going to think about it.

My son is coming over with Edie and Bea in a moment,to give DH his birthday present. I told them he wanted a handmade card and a fruit cake! We shall see! :D The best present will be seeing them.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Allie charge extra for having to go back. In day care situations some of them charge extra if you are even 5 minutes late. This does motivate parents to be on time. Yes there are circumstances that make parents late. The rule helps to keep people from taking advantage. Workers have lives too and if you are late it can make it hard for the workers too. Bedsides children who are the last to be picked up have a hard time too. Jean needs to find another service to back you up. Not easy in these times. It is her problem not yours. Why didn't this caregiver call Jean? Next time only leave Jean's number not yours.