October 2020 Monthly Running Challange

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,951 Member
    @eleanorhawkins I signed up for the 10K.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,885 Member
    @kristinajeang I may or may not have finished at a faster pace than I meant to just because I wanted to be done with a run. :wink:

@katharmonic Yeah for getting the grant done and crawling under a blanket with some tea sounds wonderful. Enjoy your weekend.

• quilteryoyo
    CONGRATULATIONS @WandaVaughn ! You are awesome! Love the pictures.

@mbaker566 Sounds like you are doing good. You'll be settled into that new normal soon. Love the pictures. Glad you, Speed Demon, and Lavender had a great time.

• eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,650 Member
    Happy belated birthday @kristinajeang!

@eleanorhawkins et al -are you definitely doing the relay on the 11th? It says that it is between Nov 11-22. I'm not sure if I can do the 11th or not quite yet, but would definitely do it if there is more flexible time frame.

Any time!
    We're probably going to need more teams
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    A day away and you get 4 pages behind!!!

I have set up the second team for the asics run @eleanorhawkins called 'MFP Monthly Challenge Group' with the password 0102

Thank you for all your positive thoughts on the job front - you did a great job and I start on Monday!

@noblsheep how is the hip flexor working out?

@Scott6255 are the Ghost 12s settling in nicely?

Sorry I missed you birthday @kristinajeang and many happy returns!

I can't promise 69 miles @Tramboman in fact I can probably promise to not do 69 miles though I will join you on a birthday celebreation run in Feb, maybe 15 miles (6 + 9). I'll leave the mega-miles to @Camaramandy648

Congratulations on the promotion @jenniferlsk

Lots of change for people in the group and, for me, change is good, keeps things fresh. As we get closer the end of a year that will be in the history books for future generations and we are very keen to see it end I think we should see the terms and conditions page for 2021 before we sign up. Let's hope the Mayans weren't dyslexic and when they said the world ends in 2012 it was actually 2021 😊

That's why they invented the decimal point!!!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    10-1 7k easy
    10-2 7k slow
    10-3 7k slow
    10-4 7k easy
    10-5 rest
    10-6 7k easy
    10-7 7k easy
    10-8 7k easy
    10-9 7k easy
    10-10 7k easy
    10-11 7k easy
    10-12 rest
    10-13 7k easy
    10-14 7k easy
    10-15 7k slow
    10-16 7k moderate
    10-17 7k easy

October Total: 105k
    October Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k
    June Total: 156k
    July Total: 180k
    August Total: 172k
    September Total: 176k

2020 Total through September: 1584k / 176k per month

Clear, frosty, and mid 30s F this morning. Dug out the winter gear; one of the walkers I see regularly asked me where my shorts were.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles - Completed 10-11
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020
    Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders -- Completed 9-29

2020 races:

9-8 to 9-13 "Virtual Boston with Vincent" Time goal 5:15:00; actual time 4:47:01
  • quilteryoyo
    @polskagirl01 Enjoy your runs on the forest. Sorry your other runs got CoVIDed.

@TheMrWobbly Yeah for the new job!!! Congratulations!

@eleanorhawkins Your legs may hate you today, but they will love you next week when you are stronger for having run the hills.

• quilteryoyo
    You'll do great @RunsOnEspresso ! Looking forward to the race report!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,029 Member
    @RunsOnEspresso Have fun at your race! You'll do great!
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    edited October 2020
    A day away and you get 4 pages behind!!!

I have set up the second team for the asics run @eleanorhawkins called 'MFP Monthly Challenge Group' with the password 0102

Thank you for all your positive thoughts on the job front - you did a great job and I start on Monday!

@noblsheep how is the hip flexor working out?
    Congrats on the new job!

Thanks for asking. The KT tape arrived today so a run is in the books for tomorrow. It's still a little bit wonky going up stairs but otherwise seems better.

The "MFP Monthly Challenge Gang" (Group?) looks like it's full, so I set up a third group "MFP Monthly Challenge #3" password 0103 (use this link if you're too lazy to search.

ETA: @TheMrWobbly I looked through the team roster and yours isn't showing up. Maybe you could fiddle with it a bit?
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,029 Member
    34.2/70 miles

10/2: 3.1 miles
    10/3: 6.2 miles
    10/5: 5.2 miles
    10/7: 3 miles
    10/8: 4.7 miles
    10/13: 3.5 miles
    10/14: 3.5 miles
    10/16: 5 miles

Ran yesterday after work. I figured out a route to try from my new office. It's an area I haven't run before, but if it's ok, it could be a really convenient way to run in the afternoons now that it is cooking off. My route didn't exactly go as planned. Strava had a segment of some trail that connected a park to a neighborhood and would have completed a loop that made exactly 4 miles. When I got to the trail segment, I couldn't find the trail after about 20 feet into woods. Maybe if you walked it first you could figure it out, but I definitely couldn't run and figure out where I was going. So, I turned around and ended up with 5 miles instead.
    It was kind of hard because I wasn't really prepared for 5 miles. Probably should have had a little snack. But, got it done and I think I can use some of that route for future runs in the future. I'm going to do a bit more exploration around the side streets.