Weight No More - October 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Friday steps 6186
    Water 40 oz
    No walk rained all day, could have done tread mill but meh.....
    Food logged, first day all food logged in over a week, I think
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Kandi3570
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW: 208.6
    CW: 206.4
    Loss this week 2.2 lbs
    Loss from 8/29/20 16 lbs
    Loss from my heaviest in 8/2018 62 lbs
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 409 Member
    Zumba_luvah
    Week 2
    Pw- 151.6
    Cw- 152.6

Uh oh not good. Going the wrong way. I was super hungry all week and ate a few hundred calories more than usual but I know I didn't eat enough to gain an entire pound. We shall see what next Saturday's weigh in says.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,456 Member
    Check in for Friday
    Food-logged and on target (Ugh! forgot to close diary again)
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise-PT

Good day but didn't exercise. I gave in to the rainy day vibe, I didn't do much and read a book. Looking forward to a quiet weekend, just have the family party this afternoon/evening. I don't think we will stay long, it is outdoors and it is going to be chilly out.

@annliz23 Love these pictures on the beach. I am also a little jealous that you groom them. Daisy can only go on the beach when she has a grooming appointment the following week. We bathe her but she looks horrible Lol!
    @mainebeachbum I am glad you are feeling better. Good idea to get rid of your loose clothes, you won't be going back to wearing them! Love the pic of your dog too! I gave in to the rain yesterday as far as exercise went too. Today is beautiful in Philly so hoping to get out!
    @kiane50 You do have a lot going on! I am sorry about your cat, I know how pets really become part of the family. It is tough with the kids leaving the nest too. Hugs! How nice to see that your clothes are getting too big. Maybe a consignment shop is a way to get some better fitting clothes and not have to spend too much? I hope to have that problem soon Lol!
    @Queenieamy Wow! Nice loss!
    @Koss33 Looks like everything worked out in your favor! Nice loss this week!
    @kandi3570 Nice loss!
    @Zumba_Luvah Have a good week!
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Going ape
    Pw 154.2
    Cw 153.8
    Loss of .4
    Loss to date 65.6

I will take this loss and am happy with it. Thanksgiving food around the house was a real challenge for me this week. Good practice for Christmas though!!

I will be heading out to yoga shortly. Also still need to tidy up backyard stuff. Cheers everyone, and have a great weekend.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    10/16 steps 8190

Maintenance weight 133.6
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Friday check in
    Yesterday went well. I had a planned off-plan day, but I just ended up eating normally. I had a really busy day, but I managed to go for a walk in the nice fall weather. Our dishwasher is finally fixed & I am beyond thrilled! My husband and younger son went to the family cottage to meet my MIL and oversee the continuing renos. The place is starting to look great. The really good news is that the renos will allow us to use the place throughout the winter. It will be really nice to give the kids a change of scene through what may be a tough winter. Last night, my older son and I ordered in sushi and watched a movie. In my ongoing quest to extend an outdoor socializing for winter, I ordered some cute hot water bottles as a start. I thought about blankets or electric blankets, but that would create a lot of laundry for me. The hot water bottles are great as they have little cozies that are easy to launder. Next is the fire pit, and we are waiting on advice from our friend who owns a fireplace installation business.

@goingape - You did so great, especially considering we had Thanksgiving! I think us Canadians have it a bit easier as we don’t have Thanksgiving and Christmas so close together like our American friends.

@sleepymom5 - Enjoy your get together this afternoon! Too bad I cannot give you one of my hot water bottles!

@Kandi3570, @kos33 & @Queenieamy - Really impressive losses this week!!

@mainbeachbum - That is such a cute photo!

@kiane50 - I am really sorry about your cat and hope that she is comfortable. Also, we never stop thinking about (or worrying) about our kids. When I had my first child, I remember my father telling me that from that day I would be sleeping with “one eye open”. It is really true. I love that you play viola and hope that your share a photo with us when you are able. As for the pants, I know it can feel wasteful to buy a transitional size, but it really does feel good having something that fits well. It also helps with further weight loss too. When I did my closet edit in September, I found that I had to buy some new things, so I bought some things in smaller sizes with stretch. I like the Uniqlo brand as it is really reasonably priced and they have a lot of stretch items, particularly for pants & leggins. They have a sale right now!

@podperson1 - Happy Birthday!

@minstrelofsarcasm - So it turns out my son has been helping kids in class (particularly math), just like you did. At first he was helping his friends, but then the teacher noticed so she put him to work with all the kids that need assistance! I wish I could watch because I am sure it is very cute. So maybe he will become an engineer and set things on fire like you too!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 934 Member
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    Friday check in
    Yesterday went well. I had a planned off-plan day, but I just ended up eating normally. I had a really busy day, but I managed to go for a walk in the nice fall weather. Our dishwasher is finally fixed & I am beyond thrilled! My husband and younger son went to the family cottage to meet my MIL and oversee the continuing renos. The place is starting to look great. The really good news is that the renos will allow us to use the place throughout the winter. It will be really nice to give the kids a change of scene through what may be a tough winter. Last night, my older son and I ordered in sushi and watched a movie. In my ongoing quest to extend an outdoor socializing for winter, I ordered some cute hot water bottles as a start. I thought about blankets or electric blankets, but that would create a lot of laundry for me. The hot water bottles are great as they have little cozies that are easy to launder. Next is the fire pit, and we are waiting on advice from our friend who owns a fireplace installation business.

Just the other day, I was looking at my stockpile of hot water bottles with cozies, thinking I had too many of them. So glad you brought this idea up, Lisa. Did you see the picture of the interior chimney for a firepit that I posted a couple of days ago? You'll have to let us know what your friend recommends. I just put the patio heater outside this morning. I hope it isn't stolen. I used a Kryptonite cable to lock it but they say those are now like butter to thieves.

It's a beautiful, sunny, fall day so I may ride my bike to High Park with Xavy in his basket.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Weigh Day
    Username: 1theresamcvean
    Weigh-in week: Week 3
    Weigh-in day: Friday (one day late)
    Previous weight: 145.0
    Today's weight: 146.1
    Loss to date: 31.3

Not the best and not the worst. We had our Thanksgiving dinner on Monday, which gave me less time to take off the bloat.

Then the puppies were a distraction all week. One of them is not latching on. Also, a big surprise ~ they are all girls, not boys! I am the one who pronounced them boys. To be fair, they are extremely small, e.g. 129 grams, so we're talking about microscopic body parts.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    @1theresamcvean - Please be careful with that ride to High Park. I drove by this morning on our way to my older son’s hockey practice. It looks like half of Toronto had the same idea and the park is packed. I did see your photo and that is a really nice fireplace. A bit elaborate for our needs, and I am looking for something that is not wood burning. We bring our outdoor heaters inside after use because they are a “hot” commodity right now (no pun intended) and could get stolen. We will see what our friend recommends.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    @1theresamcvean - Please be careful with that ride to High Park. I drove by this morning on our way to my older son’s hockey practice. It looks like half of Toronto had the same idea and the park is packed. I did see your photo and that is a really nice fireplace. A bit elaborate for our needs, and I am looking for something that is not wood burning. We bring our outdoor heaters inside after use because they are a “hot” commodity right now (no pun intended) and could get stolen. We will see what our friend recommends.

Perhaps I'll go to High Park on a weekday instead. I guess we'll just do a little ride south and back and see where we wind up.
  • KUMEcyclingteam
    KUMEcyclingteam Posts: 112 Member
    KUMEcyclingteam (BJ)
    I think I may have fallen asleep on my personal remote control and accidentally hit the pause button! Third straight week with no weight change. Guess I'm eating too many Canadian doughnut holes! lol

Weigh in day Friday
    Previous weight 210.0
    Current weight 210.0
    LTD is at 40

Steps for the week:
    Friday 10,817
    Saturday 20,750
    Sunday 11,972
    Monday 10,352
    Tuesday 10,623
    Wednesday 11,733
    Thursday 12,894

For a grand total of 89,141
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    kirsten11872
    Weigh-in day:Saturday
    Week:2
    Previous weight:149.4
    Current weigh:153.2
    +3.8
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Saturday steps 4430
    Water 36 oz
    Walk - nope still raining most of the day
    Food all logged
  • Melzz19
    Melzz19 Posts: 39 Member
    PW 215.2
    CW 214.2
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    PW 176.1
    CW 175.9
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited October 2020
    Steps (for challenge):
    Tues 16,212
    Weds 6,955
    Thurs 12,769
    Fri 20,590
    Sat 8,654

I haven't checked in since my weigh-in, but have been reading the posts each day. Good going with all those losses!

I have been generally eating on plan and within calorie target, and getting bit of exercise (mainly walking). With one exception... on Friday I received package in the post from work (all the company are working from home bar a handful of people). As we had a very successful quarter for new business (we are financial services), they sent everyone a little jar of penny mix sweets. Worked out 1,181 calories. I shared a few of them with partner and kids, and then proceeded to eat half throughout the day. I did weigh and log each time, and as I had been exercising I had calories available for them. Bad point: I woke up at 2am, went and got the sweets and finished them off! I paid for it though with a poorly tummy yesterday.

Anyway - stepping on the scales this morning, this happened:
    vrtubbwgc47i.jpg
    First time under 170! (Probably due to the poorly tummy yesterday, but hopefully I can make it stick!)

@kiane50 so sorry to read about your cat. I have lost 2 cats in just over a year, and my last one, Curzon, is nearing 19 years old and my heart breaks thinking that I may lose him in the near future. Big hugs to you x
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    Week 3
    PW 158.4
    CW 157.2

This week was a bit of a write off for me, happy with the lb lost but between writing midterm tests and dealing with a cranky sick 3 year old (luckily just an ear infection and hes already back to himself) I didnt exercise as much as I would have liked. Just not enough time in a day. This week goals are staying pretty much the same, drink lots of water and keep moving.
This discussion has been closed.