Who’s the every day workout people in here?

If I miss a day I’m miserable. Any others out there with this same mentality?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I workout every day, many days twice.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    edited October 2020
    I row 5km/day and, if I miss a day, I don't feel miserasble, just dread, because that means that I need to row 10km the next day instead.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    I usually take 1-2 days a week off training for recovery purposes, I train purely for hypertrophy. I have to admit though I do miss training on those Days
  • I do resistance training 5 days a week and some form of cardio mainly dance aerobics or step or spin 2 to 3 hours a week. I’m adjusted to it. I do take days off when I need to so will drop cardio days. I feel fine, my body is well adapted to it.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm never miserable if I don't work out. :D

tumblr_mlokd9QHFm1r7k53go1_500.gif

I have a lot of outdoor chores that keep me running morning, noon and night.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited October 2020
    I workout six days a week. Always cardio but with added light weights and bodyweight 3X a week on top.

I'm 56 in a couple weeks, so I don't sweat it if I miss a day, which is rare. I take Saturday off. Consistent but not obsessed. If I take off, it's because injury or needed recovery (or sick).
  • msapplek
    msapplek Posts: 95 Member
    I have started doing some workout everyday because I'm currently enjoying this new strength training program (5x a week) that I've started plus continuing with running, yoga and tennis (swimming over the summer). I'd love to add something fun, too, like a dance class or a skaterobics class.

I do wonder if this is all a recipe for burnout, though. Was wondering if you have multiple exercise and physical interests, how do you fit it all in?
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I swim at least six days a week....I do this because I need more to eat than 1200 calories a day and I still have more weight to lose....I have lost 97 lbs the last 17 months....burning extra calories let’s me eat a treat every day...on my rest day I bump my calories up to 1400....
  • FossilFusion
    FossilFusion Posts: 39 Member
    I train 6 days a week at the moment.

I weight train Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat.
    I do a HIIT cardio on Wednesday. I also walk my dogs 2-3 times a day aiming for 10000 steps plus a day ☺️.

If I was cutting, I do more HIIT a week, maybe 4-5 times
  • conniewilkins56
    By the way I am 69 and if I can lose weight, anyone can....no excuses!

What reason would you have for not being able to lose weight?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    msapplek wrote: »
    I have started doing some workout everyday because I'm currently enjoying this new strength training program (5x a week) that I've started plus continuing with running, yoga and tennis (swimming over the summer). I'd love to add something fun, too, like a dance class or a skaterobics class.

I do wonder if this is all a recipe for burnout, though. Was wondering if you have multiple exercise and physical interests, how do you fit it all in?

When I first started working out and losing weight, I was told I would burn out. That was over 7 years ago.
    My routine is to do a cardio video at home in the morning (usually kickboxing, step or aerobics) and then 2x/wk lift in the weight room after work, 1 day run after work. I usually take Thursday and Friday nights off, but may do something short or easy. Saturday is usually 2 workouts in the morning ( I have a live step class at 8:30) and then Sunday I do a video and then go for a run.
  • LiftandSkate
    LiftandSkate Posts: 148 Member
    I do 6 days/week because I love both speedskating and lifting, and that's the only way I can fit enough of both in to make me happy.
  • conniewilkins56

I still do not understand why someone could not lose weight.....please explain!
  • snuff15ee
    snuff15ee Posts: 99 Member
    I hit the weights Mon, Wed, and Sat. Tues, Thurs, and Fri I cycle 25-30 miles. Sat is my "Gran Fondo" day. I cycle anywhere from 75 - 100 miles. Sunday is my recovery ride day; I usually do around 20 miles. Occasionally, I'll change some days around if my legs are tired. Rinse and repeat.
  • BasedGawd412
    BasedGawd412 Posts: 346 Member
    Me too
  • jamloche
    jamloche Posts: 109 Member

I still do not understand why someone could not lose weight.....please explain!

Are you demanding an explanation from ... yourself?
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Me!!!
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    6 days a week for me. M, W & F = cardio and some yoga. Resistance/strength workouts on T & Th. Sat's are usually yoga, plus home/yard work. Sun's are for "fun" - kayaking, biking or soon, x-country skiing (Sat's too).