Serious/heavy/deep/real stuff

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    When I was a kid I used to say to myself 'I'm a stealth bomber for you, baby'. Warriors fly right into the situation while praying through the entire mission. We no longer have to hide behind anything. Those days are over.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    @ReenieHJ I don't pray or believe in higher powers, BUT I will send lots of positive vibes and goodwill toward your BIL, yourself and your sister. Sounds like you all could use it. :heart:

I hope your BIL has a swift recovery and can go home soon.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Understood and appreciated @kosmoskitten. Copy that.

Beliefs are individual and very delicate issues. I don't want to step on deeply felt principles.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    @KosmosKitten
    Exactly the way I feel. More of a spiritual connection.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    @KosmosKitten and @ReenieHJ Thank you for explaining. I didn't intend to come across as preachy and I'm sorry if I did. I was just honestly baffled
  • ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I wonder if most people wake up to greet the day with hope and eagerness, bring it on type of feeling or try to hide their head back under their pillow, cursing, automatically figuring it's gonna be a bust.

My boyfriend says he wakes up every day wondering, "What fresh hell is this?" But he's been depressed for years.

I wake up and sort of tranquilly wonder what possibilities I have today, and lay there for a second and sort out what hurts and how badly (Fibromyalgia) because that will impact it, point out to myself that getting up on time prevents migraines, and once I'm up I'm good.

• fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    edited October 2020
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I wonder if most people wake up to greet the day with hope and eagerness, bring it on type of feeling or try to hide their head back under their pillow, cursing, automatically figuring it's gonna be a bust.

While I don’t always like getting out of a comfy bed, I like mornings. It’s when I work out so I have my me time and mornings are fresh and full of no mistakes or heaviness yet (usually). Plus breakfast is my favourite meal so it’s not a drag to get up.

Mid-afternoon on the other hand, the WORST time of day.
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    tams_89 wrote: »
    Had a tough day and just typing my thoughts.
    I crave attention but I don't know how to handle it when I receive it.
    I feel lonely but I push people away and prefer to be alone.
    I'm emotional but I find it hard to express my emotions and feelings.
    I help others be positive but I'm negative about myself.
    I'm pretty messed up 🙈🤯
    Tomorrow is a new day

life can get darker at night time. i think many of us share this sentiment i hope you wake up with new perspective today T... <3
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

My boyfriend says he wakes up every day wondering, "What fresh hell is this?" But he's been depressed for years.

I wake up and sort of tranquilly wonder what possibilities I have today, and lay there for a second and sort out what hurts and how badly (Fibromyalgia) because that will impact it, point out to myself that getting up on time prevents migraines, and once I'm up I'm good.

The most accurate wake up statement ever. I also have clinical depression, so maybe that's why.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member

I read this in a comical manner and would personally say it that way until you reminded me he's dealing with depression.

I wake up surprised to be alive and then thank God before a round of morning devotions.

Tomorrow, I may just end with "Now... What fresh hell is this?" (but in my giggling way) in honour of your partner.

The fact that - despite the statement- he still gets up, gets to it (even if slowly even if partially) and eventually gets the day started means he's a warrior. So are you 🤗
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited October 2020

It largely depends on if I am doing fun things, or boring things that day.
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »

I read this in a comical manner and would personally say it that way until you reminded me he's dealing with depression.

I wake up surprised to be alive and then thank God before a round of morning devotions.

Tomorrow, I may just end with "Now... What fresh hell is this?" (but in my giggling way) in honour of your partner.

The fact that - despite the statement- he still gets up, gets to it (even if slowly even if partially) and eventually gets the day started means he's a warrior. So are you 🤗

you are so stellar and positive :) thank you for all your uplifting messages... <3