What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• StephanieLWS
    StephanieLWS Posts: 22 Member
    edited October 2020
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @pedro_testi It's all bizarre. You drive down the road in the safety of your own vehicle....how many rolls, let me count the ways. As time passes, the rolls become one big fruit roll-up. Then they start to disperse over a wider area.

Cotton balls of fluff or silly putty. It bounces as you're walking down the sidewalk. If you flap your arms too much you can hear it slap around and you wonder what in the hail was that. You don't tell anyone about it but it's difficult to keep it all under wraps.

You wonder about your collagen and the elastin fibers in your skin. Will they tighten or loosen. You keep swimming, working out and giving it all you've got. The big fruit roll-up becomes a deflated balloon but you have faith that everything will snap back into place. Your center of gravity changes.

Your attitude changes and the world looks brighter. You no longer give two horsesheets what anyone thinks about you. You become bolder. The folds start to disappear. Your jeans don't make that swishing sound. The arm flapping settles down and all is well.

Very poetic! Fantastic, and fun.
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @StephanieLWS - Check out Shapermint.com. They have high waisted shaper shorts the hold in the thighs and tummy until you don't need it anymore. Helps with chub rub too.
    https://shapermint.com/collections/shapewear/products/empetua-high-waisted-shaper-shorts?variant=7568057073724
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    sunny_d22 wrote: »
    That you become obsessed with being able to see your collarbone. I love my collarbones,

Me too! I find myself staring at my own collarbones on the video when I am in zoom meetings. I really love my collarbones. For a long time I don't think I had any!

So true! And now I'm starting to see them all the way across - it's like a whole new cool bone - what in the world - will it keep going until I get that little hollow under there?? So cool - yep obsessed!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!