Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Happy Scale weight trend ⬇️ 0.6 lost in last 7 days 😊
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
    Just read back a few pages, lovely to see some new people, welcome :)

@mrsbfe I really liked your goal of looking up when walking, I also have a bad habit of looking at the ground, looking out for potholes and rough ground. Much nicer looking up!

@SERmom3 you are doing great with your challenge. I gave up with my own challenge.

@HEGoddard0928 your job sounds very stressful, I hope it you have a better week this week.

@ZizzyBumble what a lovely sunset photo, you are really lucky to live there. (Actually, it's not luck, you made it happen!) I've been to Skye once years ago, but only for the day on the ferry. It wasn't long enough but we were staying at Fort William and had to return there.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    mrsbfe wrote: »

I played some walking games on my phone and it helped me relax.

What is this? I play Sudoku to relax, for some reason it makes me very sleepy. Is this something that makes you actually walk?

Yes! Lol. There are a couple of games on my phone (Pokemon Go and Harry Potter specifically) that make you get up and walk around because you have to do certain things to play the game. Walking helps me use my restless energy and helps me to calm down when I have anxiety.
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    @littleblackskirt - I’m sorry for your loss. 💕

@pridesabtch - Glad to see you popping in. Hope you’re doing well!

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I did not stick with my challenge for the past couple days, but I’ll be back on it.

Today will be a change in routine for me. 2 of my girls are headed into school for their first week of in-person learning. They’ll be going into school every other week from now on. Unfortunately, our district doesn’t have the staff to get all kids back in yet, so my 4th grader is still home with me. I feel bad for her, but she’s not too upset. We’ll see how she feels when her sisters come home talking about school.

JFT MONDAY:
    - no chips
    - Exercise
    - Stop by church
    - Indoor chores
    - S to practice
    - Chorus

***NO CHIPS OR SNACKING IN OCTOBER**
    Earn a leaf 🍁 for each day I complete without one bite of chips (crisps) or mindless snacking! 🤐
    October 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16
    🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

Have a great day! 📚
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 393 Member
    Monday goals
    Stay green
    Easy trainer ride
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Mixed day. Down .4# for the week. Pleased I didn’t gain

For Sunday, be a healthy person.

1900 calories: 1882 for the day. Ate up to my limit. Averaged 2201 for the week. A top five high count for the year.
    Work out for 80 minutes, make the time: Made the time. Worked out 85 minutes including a 2.62 mile walk. Worked out for 8:28 for the week including 15.67 miles of exercise walks, 3120#, 420 crunches, 108 push ups and 240 lunges
    Make good choices:Made time to work out and stayed under my limit but chose snack foods at night over healthier options
    Support my bride:Easy to do
    Eat dinner at the table and walk afterwards, both unplugged. No eating on the couch; Obviously committing doesn’t always make it happen. Snacked on the couch watching football for dinner and didn’t walk afterwards
    [/quote]

For Monday, start the week on track

1800 calories:
    Work out for 80 minutes, make the time:
    Make good choices:
    Support my bride:
    Eat dinner at the table and walk afterwards, both unplugged. Don’t eat on the couch:
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. AM: Therapy exercises - crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! GET COMPUTERS RIGHT AWAY. Post class plan right away on screen AND on site. ASAP: Print stories.
    2. 1st class: NRI practice. Continue TOWM. Read book. Update Goodreads. Introduce one-pager.
    3. 2nd-3rd classes: NRI practice. Continue Malala. Make-up work. Grade classwork.
    4. Pit Crew: Mental Health Monday. Lunch: Pasta. Read new book. Update GR.
    5. Planning: Call orthopedist - no surgery. Call CVS to check on prescriptions. Grade late work. Read Enola Holmes.
    6. Write a letter. Dinner: hamburgers. Breathe. Walk after school.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    8. Color! 1 hr reading. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Work on CV.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. SHBP screening - August? MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? What are some tasks that could be completed by CBBVI students?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    End of March: 193.8
    End of April: 192.6
    End of May: 191.8
    End of June: 192.2
    End of July: 188.6
    End of August: 189.8
    Today: 192.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning. ObG schedule for October. When is re-up with ortho? Schedule PCP for same day.
    7. Theater: ???
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: squats, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress. Yeah. The last couple of weeks... oh god.
  • TiffanyPe17
    TiffanyPe17 Posts: 107 Member
    So much is going on right now that it is hard for me to focus, so hopefully writing it all down will help.

Yesterday I allowed myself one day to eat what I wanted and not log it in. It was a conscious decision that I made, and I feel good about it. What I don’t feel good about is the two pound weight gain I had this morning. I know I didn’t eat bad yesterday, but I did have a lot of salt so I am hoping that is what it is from.

My business is experiencing a lot of changes right now, mostly Covid related. It is difficult and I have experienced a lot of emotions around it this past week. Ultimately I think the changes are going to be good, but I am basically starting over from scratch and that is scary. I have one week until I go back to my full time job and so I plan on taking this week and really focusing on getting things set up correctly for the new clients that I believe will come in as a result of this concentrated effort.

So, just for today Monday October 19th, 2020 I will

•Eat 3 meals
    •Focus on breathing when I start to feel overwhelmed
    •Spend the day at the office getting paperwork set up and reestablished
    •Update online profile as needed
    •Participate in the training call tonight
    •Contact the electric company
    •Contact the vet for dogs shots and dental work
    •Contact the groomer
    •Comtact the water rental company

It’s going to be a busy day but I am choosing to be excited about the changes that are coming.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Oops 41 posts since I was on JFT. Will have catch up later. Sorry in advance for long post.

JFT M 10/18 ~ work at office day
    1) Walked dog 3.44 mi :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors)
    3) Not sure about supper / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) AJNH prep for T meeting / Facebook Live 12:00 / more email backlog / save flash drive to H drive / prep for GA-B FY21 (schedule re-done by asst. manager) if time
    5) Air in tires (ugh check tire pressure light) & gas in car on way home / prep lunch/snacks/water bottle & overnight oats for T / put GA-ROP4CP folder in tote / empty compost bucket / wash dishes / prep DDS pmt / one more chore?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

Weekend was good. V glad I walked my virtual 5K race on F a.m. when weather was sunny & nice. Finished Run for the Hill of It in 50:35 w/ dog ave. pace 16:16. No going up the steep sledding hill to finish this year. F afternoon I trimmed back all back yard roses. Rainy Sat. meant hubby and I could take lazy rest day with a few household errands, TV & naps. He really needed the rest for his body.

Sun. was nice if chilly fall day, so more yard work after church. I finished trimming front roses while hubby started to mulch leaves on lawn. I raked back yard fast & furious so hubby didn't have to go through tons of leaves with the mower. Then he spread winterizer on lawn while I moved remaining planters & refilled birdfeeders. For fall yard chores, we only have to fence roses, rake remaining leaves after they fall & empty/store our rain barrels. Hubby will make sure snowblower runs, too, so we're ready. Feels good to be on top of yardwork.

This morning in shower, I noticed my upper arms are sore from the raking. Should really get back to x-training & lifting some weights for strength.

Hubby's job has finally authorized overtime hours Monday - Friday (his usual schedule) & that is helping him cope somewhat with work. His company is fast-tracking a new hire ~ hopefully it works out, b/c past few hires have not.

Cold morning for this time of year. 27F so wore winter coat & gloves when walking dog at 6 a.m. Felt warm enough except my legs were cold ~ need to get out winter walking pants & wool socks. Partly clear sky so got to see planets Mars & Venus, and constellation Orion. Beautiful way to start the day.

2020 Goals:
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again) / 6.30.20 / 8.6.20 (forgot July 31 & crazy schedule) / 8.31.20 / 9.30.20
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 on 1.10.20 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 on 2.8.20 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race on 4.2.20 w/ dog 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5.2.20 walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5.16.20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5.18.20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race on 6.6.20 w/ dog 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace" / Hope Isn't Canceled virtual 10K on 8.29.20 w/ dog 1:43:10 ave. pace 16:36 / Packers 5K virtual race 9.26.20 w/ dog 52:23 ave. pace 16:41 / Bellin Women's 5K virtual race 10.10.20 w/ dog 52:55 ave. pace 16:57 / virtual Run for the Hill of It 5K on 10.16.20 w/ dog 50:35 ave. pace 16:16
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • cschmitz110515
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories. My weaknesses: I love food... my sweet tooth, especially chocolate... portion control... FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale. No goal dates set ~ this is not a diet but my lifestyle.

Age 63, 5'4" (have permanently lost half inch ~ bummer)
    GW #1: 150 in a livable way = It's. Not. A. Diet.
    GW #2: 145 normal BMI
    UG maintain: 145 - 150 (need to be realistic)

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    1/10/17 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations / committed to posting weekly weigh-in
    06/03 = 177.5
    06/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    06/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    06/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    07/01 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    07/08 = 177.5 oops
    07/15 = 176.5
    07/22 = 175.0
    07/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    08/05 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    08/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    08/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    08/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    09/02/17 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    09/09 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    09/16/17 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    09/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
    09/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170
    10/07 = 166.0
    10/14 = 166.5 dined out 2 days with adult beverages plus wine & cheesecake at spa
    10/21/17 = 166.5 dined out 2 days plus food day in office / no gain is good [joined Just Give Me 10 Days challenge (daily w/i)]
    10/28 = 164.5 very active week & watched CICO / reached October goal of 165
    11/04 = 163.0 wow, really surprised at this, daily fluctuations very up and down this week
    11/11 = 164.5 this is temporary b/c very high sodium yesterday
    11/18 = 162.0 big surprise, especially b/c I weigh myself daily and didn't see this all week
    11/25 = 163.0 no surprise after 2 no-logging-food days (parade day and Thanksgiving), just glad not worse
    12/02 = 161.0 Jingle Bell 5K day / 44:37 chip time & ave. pace 14:22 & very happy!
    12/09/17 = 158.5 first time in 10 years my weight is 1-5-anything! :D
    12/16 = 158.0 no work parties or food days & stuck with CICO
    12/23 = 157.5 no "workouts" but shoveled snow & snowshoed, busy with Christmas preparations
    12/30 = 159.0 Christmas Day no food/beverages logged
    01/06/18 = 159.0 New Year's Eve hubby & I splurged on treats & beverages (at home), and I did not log...totally worth it!
    01/13 = 157.0 big surprise! Yesterday evening, walked in Frenzy on the Fox 5K in 47:26 & pace 15:19. Very happy with my time, wore layers of clothes in 10 degrees & NNW 12 mph wind, fun event.
    01/20 = 156.5
    01/27 = 156.5 maintaining / not a bad thing
    02/03 = sick / no weigh in
    02/10 = 152.5 unhealthy loss due to illness / I know weight will go back up & I'm totally fine with that
    02/17/18 = 153.0 thrilled with annual physical on 2/15/18: BP 110/68, pulse 64 and BMI 26.14 :star:
    02/24 = 154.0 little out of control last week, but at goal for the month
    03/03 = 155.5 oops / still lower than before I was sick
    03/10 = 153.5 back on track
    03/17 = 152.5
    03/24 = 153.0 evening snacks & two days straight of 8 hr seminars (+ lots of sitting)
    03/31 = 153.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before / Badger State Brewing 10K 1:30:28.82 and average pace 14:35 :smiley:
    04/07 = 154.5 ack ~ ate Easter candy most evenings
    04/14 = 153.5 Day 1 of record-setting blizzard ~ yuck! Followed by day 2 of blizzard, then snow day (no work / still shoveling & plowing) on Monday ~ in APRIL ~ yikes! :p
    04/21 = 153.5 after such weird week & daily weight fluctuations, happy to maintain
    04/28 = 152.0
    05/05 = 153.5 kinda stalled three months + feeling hungry more often ~ since w/i 10# of goal, changed MFP setting to lose 1/2 lb. per week & see how it goes
    05/12 = 153.5 ok with this ~ think changing my MFP setting, and having more net calories to play with, is agreeing with me ~ I'm not so hungry all the time
    05/19 = 154.0 drinks (2 margaritas) & dinner w/ BFF night before + enjoyed everything!
    05/26/18 = 153.0 Health Risk Assessment 5/15/18 ~ BMI 25.6 :star:
    06/02 = 153.0 basically in maintenance for now ~ I'll take it!
    06/09 = 152.5 Bellin Run 10K 1:28:12 split time 45:03 ave. pace 14:12 ~ beat goal of < 1:30 :star:
    06/16 = 152.0
    06/23 = 156.0 end of vacation week & lots of eating out
    06/30 = 155.5
    07/07 = 156.0 post-vacation w/i net calories not. so. much. Ack!
    07/14 = 154.5 prelogging & sticking w/ plan helps
    07/21 = 154.5 Packers 5K 44:50 ave pace 14:26 min/mile ~ beat goal < 45:00 :star:
    07/28 = 157.5 peanut M&M attacks (eek) + dinner out w/ SIL/niece (yum!) + staff luncheon (ick)
    08/03 = 155.5 started Evening Snack Challenge on JFT
    08/11 = 158.0 stressful week (job crap ~ hubby's & my own) >:) , Chinese buffet 1 evening & Feast with the Beasts (so worth it!)
    08/18 = 157.5 saw 156.0 during week ~ evening snack challenge not. so. good.
    08/25 = 156.0 prelogged as much as possible & CICO getting better
    09/01 = 154.5 included Taste on Broadway & office relocation so packing & moving boxes ~ very pleased
    09/08 = 157.5 too many office bday indulgences / City Stadium 5K for Veterans 44:27 & ave. pace 14:16 ~ beat goal of < 44:30 :star:
    09/15 = 156.0
    09/22 = 155.5 maybe lower if not for Pizza Ranch prairie pizza & wine at BFF's the night before
    09/29 = 154.0
    10/06 = 155.0 may include water retention in muscles b/c resumed home version of weights & circuit-training day before
    10/13 = 157.0 birthday treats & adult beverages / walked in Run for the Hill of It 5K in 48:13 pace 15:32 & hill 2:01 ~ beat both time (part unpaved trail with sloppy conditions due to 5" rain over preceding week) & hill (finish is UP a steep sledding hill) from last year :star: and learned only 25 out of 267 participants finished the hill < 1 min.
    10/20 = 155.0
    10/27 = 158.0 oops... lots of leaf-raking the evening before + too. much. snacking.
    11/03 = 156.5 better planning / stopped evening snacking (mostly)
    11/10 = 156.0 basically stuck in maintenance mode ~ not the worst thing
    11/17 = 157.0
    11/24 = 159.5 Thanksgiving week & paid time off with hubby ~ def going in wrong direction ~ oops
    12/01 = 157.5 Jingle Bell 5K 45:38 & ave. pace 14:42 ~ not bad
    12/08 = 157.0
    12/15 = 156.5 clearly in maintenance mode all year ~ not exactly the plan but I'm ok with this for now ~ really happy to stay 1-5-anything
    12/22 = 155.5 surprised by this ~ maybe due to much later than normal weigh-in (late start to the day)
    12/29/18 = 159.5 and happy I stayed 1-5-anything over holidays & vacation days at home
    01/05/19 = 157.5
    01/12 = 158.0 Frenzy on the Fox 5K 1/11 with friends ~ not timed / MapMyWalk 54:19
    01/19 = 158.0 maintained even with evening snacking & skipped workouts
    01/26 = 157.5
    02/02 = 158.5 hubby's traditional bday dinner + leftovers + evening snacking ~ oops
    02/09 = 158.5 ok with no gain / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 48:34:89 & ave. pace 15:89 in below zero temps & icy mile 2
    02/16 = 158.0
    02/23 = 160.0 oops... deserved, net cals & sodium def red prior 3 days. Annual physical 2/26 159.6 fully clothed.
    03/02 = 159.5
    03/09 = 157.5
    03/16 = 158.0 feeling unwell & no workouts all week
    03/23 = 157.5 finally feeling better
    03/31 = 160.5 posting Sun. month end w/i ~ too many days, net calories RED. Badger State Brewing 10K 3/30 in 1:28:14 & ave. pace 14:12 and beat goal < 1:30 :star:
    04/06 = 160.0 saw 158.5 during week
    04/13 = 159.5
    Hiatus from MFP 4/17 - 4/29 (Easter 4/21)
    05/04 = 161.5 logging again starting 4/30
    05/11 = 163.0 ack
    05/18 = 163.0 no gain
    05/25 = 163.0 could be worse
    06/01 = 162.0
    06/08 = 162.0 pre-race spaghetti night before / Bellin Run 10K 1:29:54 split 44:13 ave. pace 14:29
    06/15 = 164.0 ate at fast food, cafe (brunch), pub (happy hour), seminar (lunch), dinner at BFF's (sangria)
    06/22 = 162.5 better eating & tracking
    06/29 = 163.5 two days of conference food
    07/06 = 162.5
    07/13 = 163.5 two out-of-town family parties + diner food + drinks/dinner at Mexican restaurant
    07/20 = 166.0 cousin's funeral luncheon (one whole table w/ family desserts) + restaurant week lunch w/ hubby + pizza supper w/ hubby
    07/27 = 165.0
    08/03 = 164.5 happy to see any loss at all... I am the tortoise :D
    08/10 = 167.5 high sodium & emotional eating
    08/17 = 167.5
    08/24 = 165.5
    08/31 = 169.5 staycation week & ate whatever I wanted
    09/07 = 167.0 flushed sodium & water weight / City Stadium 5K for Veterans 45:12 (goal < 45:00) & ave. pace 14:33
    09/14 = 166.5
    09/21 = 166.0
    09/27 = 165.5
    10/05 = 167.5 pre-race food ~ Pink Pumpkin 5K 44:06 :star: (goal < 45:00) & ave. pace 14:12
    10/12 = 165.5 eating back on track ~ Run for the Hill of It 5K (trail event) 48:06 & hill 1:58 :star: (goal < 2 min.)
    10/19 = 165.5
    10/26 = 165.0 slowly but surely... my lifestyle is NOT a diet :D
    11/02 = 165.5 Maru & Jack's party / food night before
    11/09 = 164.5 few days of staying at zero net calories works!
    11/16 = 165.0 rare Fri. night dinner date w/ hubby at local cafe ~ totally worth it!
    11/23 = 166.0 wrong way again
    11/30 = 168.0 ACK!!!
    12/07 = 165.5 sick several days & painful sore throat will do that
    12/14 = 167.0 on prednisone & ate to quell nausea
    12/21 = 165.5
    12/28/19 = 168.5 spent 75% of 2019 in 160s... not the plan :p
    01/04/20 = stomach flu 1/4 - 1/5 & slow recovery 1/6 - 1/7 ~ lost unhealthy amount of weight quickly
    01/11 = 164.5 Fri. evening Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29
    01/18 = 164.5 managed to maintain weight lost while sick
    01/25 = 166.0 expected (some high sodium days)
    02/01 = 166.0 bday celebrations (hubby's, mom's, co-worker's) + evening snacking
    02/08 = 166.5 pre-race carb-loading / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 :star:
    02/15 = 166.0
    02/22 = 167.0 not sure about accuracy of exercise calories logged this week
    02/29 = 165.0 yay
    3/2/20 Dr. B recommended getting my weight back down for relief of newly diagnosed mild arthritis in both my knees. Another incentive.
    03/07 = 165.5 several very red days ~ oops
    03/14 = 164.5 conscientiously logging food helps
    03/21 = 162.5 stressed out & not feeling like eating (apparently I emotional eat only when bored, lonely or sad)
    03/28 = 162.0 work at home since 3/20/20, eating (mostly) healthy to stay healthy & walked 27.62 miles w/ dog
    04/04 = 161.5 walked virtual Badger State Brewing 10K on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 [not my usual race pace but I never walk race events with my dog & no other participants ~ happy me]
    04/11 = 162.0 several evening snack attacks of peanut M&Ms
    04/18 = 162.5 inching back up ~ Easter dinner + chocolate + high sodium meals of scalloped potatoes/ham + pea soup w/ ham
    04/25 = 162.0 happy to be inching back down
    05/02 = 162.0 saw 161 during week ~ yay
    05/09 = 163.5 comfort eating + rest days Thurs. AND Fri. ~ oops
    05/16 = 164.0 wrong direction ~ need to get a grip! Virtual #RonaRunOff w/ dog 5.08 mi in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23. Event miles of each participant will be aggregated at the end of May and, for every 50 miles, a pair of shoes will be donated to an area healthcare or janitorial worker. I had the opportunity to nominate my hubby for the shoes. I hope he gets selected!
    05/23 = 163.0
    05/30 = 162.5
    06/06 = 164.0 emotional eating + unhealthy evening snacking / walked virtual Bellin Run 10K w/ dog 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14
    06/13 = 162.5 healthier farmers market eating & limited evening snacks
    06/20 = 163.0
    06/27 = 162.5
    07/04 = 162.0
    07/11 = 162.5
    07/18 = 162.0 changed MFP to lightly active
    07/25 = 161.5 really happy b/c after high sodium day
    08/01 = 161.5 after high sodium days (saw 161.0 2X during week ~ yay)
    08/08 = 161.5 hanging in there (saw 160.5 1X during week)
    08/15 = 161.0 niece's wedding day
    08/22 = 160.0 YAY
    08/29 = 165.0 staycation week ate take out & 2 day trips/restaurants ~ oops & I don't care. Walked Hope Isn't Canceled Virtual 10K with dog 1:43:10 ave. pace 16:36
    09/05 = 161.5 big sodium flush
    09/12 = 161.0 back on track
    09/19 = 162.5 ugh ~ high sodium week
    09/26 = 161.0 better / virtual Packers 5K w/ dog 52:23 ave. pace 16:41
    10/03 = 160.5 slow & steady
    10/09 = 160.5 w-i one day early (before bday splurges) / virtual Bellin Women's 5K w/ dog 52:55 ave. pace 16:57 on 10/10/20
    10/17 = 160.0 take that, bday indulges!

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Today: Smile ~ Laugh ~ Be Kind ~ <3 ~ Eat Well ~ Be Active
  • momofthree9845
    momofthree9845 Posts: 30 Member
    JFT 10/18

- Work for 1 hour >:)
    - Don't eat sugar >:)
    - Yoga and gym :)
    - Make a healthy dinner :)
    - Log all food :)
    - Drink 10 cups of water >:)

JFT 10/19

- Go to Yoga and the gym
    - Drink at least 8 cups of water
    - Spend 3 hours working remotely
    - Log all food on MFP
    - Go for a walk on the trail
    - Start a nighttime routine including less screen time.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Monday 19 October

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 👿 4
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Happy Scale weight trend ⬇️ 0.6 lost in last 7 days 😊

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    JFT - Sunday Oct 18
    Weight 196.4
    1L of water - >:)
    Log all food - :)
    No chips - >:)
    15 minutes of activity - >:)
    Gratitude Journal - >:)

JFT - Monday Oct 19
    Weight 196.0
    1L of water
    Log all food
    No chips - Already blew this one.
    15 minutes of activity
    Gratitude Journal

@pridesabtch - It's nice to see you pop in.

@mytime6630 - I am so with you on the struggle. My doctor gave me a bit of a wake up call on Friday and I still ate like crap all weekend and today. I need to get at it too.

@littleblackskirt - Sorry to read about your Dad passing. No matter how expected it is, it's not easy.
    Sorry about your back, hope it heals quicker than expected.

Very late, will catch up with the rest later. Need to get payroll submitted

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    @PackerFanInGB - I am naturally a night owl. I have more energy when I am able to stay up late and sleep in. Work is not conducive to this and I struggle through. You are retired now, maybe your body is just doing what is most natural for it.

Yes, you are probably right. I have always struggled with getting up in the morning and tend to wake up later when everyone else is winding down. Maybe I should just let myself do what my body wants to do now that I'm retired? :)

@ZizzyBumble I do remember that now. Good for you for following and grabbing your dream! I will have to live vicariously through you. I do have Scotland on my bucket list. It's my dream trip... Maybe some day I will see your lovely isle...

@pridesabtch Happy to see you! I've been gone for a bit too, but I always find my way home... :)

@littleblackskirt I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Sending cyber hugs from Wisconsin... (((HUGS)))

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. AM run: 20 minutes. Therapy exercises - crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! GET COMPUTERS RIGHT AWAY. Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. 1st class: NRI practice. Continue TOWM. Read book. Update Goodreads; final update due FRIDAY. Review one-pager.
    3. 2nd-3rd classes: NRI practice. Continue Malala. Make-up work. Grade classwork.
    4. Pit Crew: Decorate door. Lunch: Beef stew. Read new book. Update GR.
    5. Planning: Call orthopedist - no surgery. Call CVS to check on prescriptions. Grade late work. Read Enola Holmes.
    6. Write a letter. Dinner: pasta bake. Breathe.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Bring creamer to school. One layer of rhinestones for collar.
    8. Color! 1 hr reading. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Work on CV.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. SHBP screening - August? MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? What are some tasks that could be completed by CBBVI students?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    End of March: 193.8
    End of April: 192.6
    End of May: 191.8
    End of June: 192.2
    End of July: 188.6
    End of August: 189.8
    Today: 191.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning. ObG schedule for October. When is re-up with ortho? Schedule PCP for same day.
    7. Theater: ???
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: squats, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress.
  • cschmitz110515
    @littleblackskirt My heartfelt condolences on the loss of your dad. Expected or not, still hard. (((Hugs))) And I hope your back recovers sooner than later.

@pridesabtch Good to see you post, you're missed here. (((hugs))) for your struggles

@ZizzyBumble Thank you for sharing your very lovely scenery! How wonderful for you to have those views everyday.

@Little_Lassassin I truly believe motivation is overrated, because once you reach that *whatever* do you keep going or stop? My motto is it's my lifestyle... NOT. a. diet. In any case, baby steps! You can do this.

@PackerFanInGB @clicketykeys @mytime6630 Happy to see you post. Hang in there!