WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2020

Replies

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Well, I wasn't quite finished yet, but apparently MFP thought I was! Looks like I might be getting the hang of spoilers!
    Anyway, bed time for this little chickie.
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Evie.. The owl is adorable. You are talented, my dear!

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    I'm lucky enough to have a utility room with a big drying rack that you haul up to the ceiling. Love it! It does take a while for stuff to dry in the winter, but I air things I need quickly over the chairs in the dining room! ;) Haven't had a tumbler dryer since 1996. Strangely enough, in this area of very expensive houses, the neighbours nearly all dry stuff outside on lines. Next door has a massive long line. The gardens are very private and shielded, but I like to spy on everyone from my eyrie in the third floor bedroom. I clean my teeth sitting there every morning and night and keep an eye on all their antics. >:)

Lisa - do tell us the story when you are ready. Sounds dreadful. :'(<3<3

Very dark in the mornings now, but our clocks go back next weekend.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    We have a laundry room with washer & dryer on one side & a clothes hanging rack on the other. We each do our own personal laundry & I wash sheets & towels. B)
  • chezzac17
    chezzac17 Posts: 98 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    o1hjak1o50if.jpg

:) Here it is, the start of a new month and a chance to make a fresh start on whatever goals or resolutions or plans that eluded you.

:) I have found that tackling a difficult endeavor is best when shared with others.

:) Please join me on this journey to health, fitness, and well being.

:) Be sure to bookmark this page so you can find it again.

:) It helps if you sign your post with a name or nickname and a location (specific or general) so we can get to know each other better.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

xao5bcanjo7v.jpg

Hi girls,may I join this group pls🤗
  • chezzac17
    chezzac17 Posts: 98 Member
    Hi girls may I join this group pls🤗
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    chezzac17 wrote: »
    Hi girls may I join this group pls🤗

You're here! Tell us about yourself! :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 wrote: »
    From Action for Happiness ...

"Life is far from perfect, but there are lots of reasons for optimism. Setting positive goals for the future gives our lives a sense of direction and purpose. And although we face many challenges there are also lots of reasons to stay hopeful. By consciously choosing our priorities we can overcome issues, make progress and focus on what really matters."

45msr0bdhq8o.png
    https://www.actionforhappiness.org/optimistic-october

Oct 16 - Thank yourself for achieving the things you often take for granted

This something I've never done. Thank ... myself??

Oct 17 - Share your most important goals with people you trust

:) I've accomplished my goal!

My life goes in phases. There was the Bachelor of Education phase ... the move to Australia, Round-The-World trip, and back to Australia phase ... then the Masters of IT phase ... and now ... ???

We HAD some ideas, but my husband's brain injury kind of got in the way.

Oct 18 - Make a list of things you are looking forward to

Hmmmmmmm ... :smiley:

I'm actually looking forward to things like organising the dressing room. I bought bookends to try that clothing folding technique.
    https://www.kmart.com.au/product/metal-bookends/724399

I'm looking forward to doing some decluttering, to organising my home office, to catching up on all the house stuff! I've been waiting a long time.

And I'm looking forward to getting my fitness back! I'm realising just how out of shape I am.

Oct 19 - Set hopeful but realistic goals for the week ahead

I've got 3 work things I need to finish and a cycling event to run. That's about it for goals this week. :)

M in Oz

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    :)
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Fae She
    It was a bit sloppy this morning which was a personal embarrassment to one such as myself since I am the originator of this discipline taken from Tai Chi. I had smoothed it up some by the time I progressed to the best breast forward move. There was a warm breeze blowing so another predawn ritual on my patio with minimal apparel encumberment.

Fae Sashay Sometimes I amaze myself. I added a new element that requires the entire walk to be done on the ball of the foot as if wearing 3" heels. At first, I was a bit unsteady, but with practice, I was getting amazing hip swing and all the while walking a straight line.

Sleep Up at 2 AM. I must be preparing for the coming time change. My left side facial numbness was worse than usual. This is permanent damage and is as if my face is trying to wake up from a root canal novocaine overdose, but can't. It is always worse when I wake up.

I decided to try a share a photo from my personal collection each morning. I have to resize them so you can enjoy them without scrolling.

The Family enjoying a swim on a Columbia River side-pool about 20 years ago.
    dtjkechkekb1.jpg

The dryer just went off on the first load and then music practice and almost 5 AM. I am running late sitting here lolly-gagging and photo resizing.

Fae near the Columbia River North Central Oregon

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,041 Member
    Lisa good to hear from you. Do whatever you need to do to get well.
    :heart: Margaret
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Morning Ladies~
    I am up and having my tea, I did order my favorite tea,Twinings Christmas Tea.. its black tea with a hint of orange and its getting cold here in the Northeast so I enjoy something different every once in awhile...
    I have a feeling what is going on with me are 2 things and yes I will get it checked out.. I have very low energy and get winded very easily...and my Diastolic blood pressure is elevated.. I do have mitral valve prolapse( thanks dad) and I dont know if it might have something to do with that or something totally different.. but I am kinda freaking out at how of sorts I feel..
    I will call the Drs Office this morning and see if I can be seen within the next couple days.. I just want to feel better..
    Also have to call the Endocrinologist.. really getting on my last nerve that I haven't heard from them yet...
    Favorite Smells~ hmmmm , fresh tar when they used to patch the roads,my dad used to burn leaves,love the smell of a nice outdoor bonfire,musty old houses, I know its an odd one, but both sets of grandparents lived in very old old houses,plaster walls and all,dirt basements.. and radiator heat.. I havent been in an old house like that in a long time,i did go with a real estate agent one time as she was checking on an old house, and went in and was taken back to my childhood..
    Isnt it nice that we have those kind of memories to hold on to?
    Lisa~ when ever your up to it please tell us the story of what happened, and so glad that you are on the mend..
  • mrsbfe
    mrsbfe Posts: 52 Member
    edited October 2020
    @deadenddiva I still have my thyroid but I do take levothyroxine, although I've been taking it for decades so I'm probably not much help.

I'm tired of only seeing young, fit, and attractive photographs of people on the MFP blogs and exercise articles. What other resources do you use for "normal" women our age?

Feeling a bit whiny today
  • Machka9
    mrsbfe wrote: »
    I'm tired of only seeing young, fit, and attractive photographs of people on the MFP blogs and exercise articles. What other resources do you use for "normal" women our age?

What sort of resources?
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    :) With the exception of a few months in 2004, I have lived my adult life near the coast where the cool weather and dampness make hanging clothes on the line outside impossible. I remember my mother talking about hanging clothes on the line in the winter in Massachusetts and having them freeze. I love my electric clothes dryer and frequently put it on my gratitude list.

:) Jake just remembered the box of bulbs that came last week and wants to schedule a time to plant them--some are hyacinth and some are gladiolus. We have a few days of no rain so it won't be hard to find time.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • mrsbfe
    mrsbfe Posts: 52 Member
    @Machka9 Mostly nutrition and exercise information. Also I've struggled with eating disorders and body image all my life, so my idea of what I should weigh/look like may be quite unreasonable. I've looked at registered dietitians' websites and Instagram accounts (when I used to use IG), and that hasn't been helpful either. I see my GP this week, so I'm hoping to ask if she has any suggestions. She knows my history, so maybe that will be helpful. This group seems like it would be very helpful but I'm having difficulty keeping up!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited October 2020
    Steven lives over an hour south of Annapolis in southern Maryland by the Patuxent river. It's almost a three hour drive from here, but he's worth it. :)

Annie in Delaware