Serious/heavy/deep/real stuff

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    CacoEther wrote: »
    tams_89 wrote: »
    Had a tough day and just typing my thoughts.
    I crave attention but I don't know how to handle it when I receive it.
    I feel lonely but I push people away and prefer to be alone.
    I'm emotional but I find it hard to express my emotions and feelings.
    I help others be positive but I'm negative about myself.
    I'm pretty messed up 🙈🤯
    Tomorrow is a new day

This shows a lot of self-awareness. I can relate to a lot of what you said. Hope your day improves.. ❤️

I think self-awareness is something many people don't do much of. They don't like admitting why they feel a certain way. This is why I like this thread a lot. It kinda gives you an outlet for whatever it is that's weighing you down yet you open yourself up to the rawness of it. I am seeing bits and pieces of myself in many of these posts then I hug the crap out of them in hopes that they know they aren't alone in those feelings.

For me, it takes a bit more quiet/still time than I have most days, so I don't get to really think/reflect as much as I'd like. A lot of that is COVID related... Hard to find time away/alone right now.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I wonder if most people wake up to greet the day with hope and eagerness, bring it on type of feeling or try to hide their head back under their pillow, cursing, automatically figuring it's gonna be a bust.

I don't tend to think about days as being good or bad, but most mornings I wake up thinking about what I'm going to do or accomplish that day. So most days start with the potential to be productive, beneficial days. That usually goes out the window around 10:30am.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    i hurt my neck and it’s taking forever to get better and now i got some cold bug and my whole body like begging me to just stop moving for a few days but i dont see no way to do that

a5qutnt7zt5a.jpeg

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    i hurt my neck and it’s taking forever to get better and now i got some cold bug and my whole body like begging me to just stop moving for a few days but i dont see no way to do that

Take care of yourself #1 lady - *kitten* all your other responsibilities (other than your kids and you)...
    Its 'hard to do' (for me, anyway) but just take the time off, for you. If anyone has a problem with that in your life - red flag...rethink that situation
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    iMago wrote: »

a5qutnt7zt5a.jpeg

omg its not the rona
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    ^ tru.dat. I appreciate you and your posts. It helps make me a better person.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Probably the biggest reason my husband and I are such a great match is because we are so emotionally distant from each other. We are both extremely reserved and private people who spend precious little time examining our feelings about things. I run from commitment. I avoid having expectations of any kind placed upon me. I laugh off serious matters and dodge anything too engaging or real. I do feel very real things for other people; love, affection, interest, happiness for them, etc, but I run when others feel things for me. I hate feeling responsible for it.

I feel like all of that means I should feel more lonely, but I don’t at all. I do, however, wonder if others can relate to what I’m describing. I also wonder if I’ll be a crabby old goat later on in life

Ozm91GD.gif
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    Probably the biggest reason my husband and I are such a great match is because we are so emotionally distant from each other. We are both extremely reserved and private people who spend precious little time examining our feelings about things. I run from commitment. I avoid having expectations of any kind placed upon me. I laugh off serious matters and dodge anything too engaging or real. I do feel very real things for other people; love, affection, interest, happiness for them, etc, but I run when others feel things for me. I hate feeling responsible for it.

I feel like all of that means I should feel more lonely, but I don’t at all. I do, however, wonder if others can relate to what I’m describing. I also wonder if I’ll be a crabby old goat later on in life

Ozm91GD.gif

Elliott ❤️
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited October 2020
    Sorry, internet is being funky.. double post :#
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Even that ^^^ feels like telling you too much :)

I get that. It took me forever to be ready to share serious things here at all
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    Even that ^^^ feels like telling you too much :)

I feel ya.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

Uhm, are you me? I feel like you wrote this about me instead of yourself. :grimace:

I really was beginning to think I was alone in feeling or being like this, so thank you.