My "petty" reason I hate corona

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    @GreenValli
    Amazon.com has a thing called Prime Wardrobe. You can try on clothing before you buy and returns are super easy.
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 212 Member
    fstrickl wrote: »
    Right now my petty reason to be upset about COVID-19 is because I was very excited to start my MA (online so that hasn't been changed by COVID-19) and go to coffee shops and study the evening away in anonymous solitude. But that novelty has been taken away and an escape door to peace and quiet has been shut.

(To be fair, cafes are open in my city, I just think it's irresponsible to spend prolonged amounts of time in public if it's not needed. While I have not had any symptoms I don't want to put others at risk if I am asymptomatic. And besides, while I DO wear a mask when in public, I would not love wearing it for longer than needed. So at home studying it is)

I hear you. I'm pretty much in the same situation. I used to hang out at coffee shops and bookstores to counter online study at home. I went on campus for the first 8 weeks of spring semester. Since then, it has been back to online/Zoom. All the best and let's hope that the situation changes.
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 212 Member
    GreenValli wrote: »
    I would really love to buy some new clothes but I feel I need to try them on before I actually buy them. I do not want to guess and buy something that does not fit or look good. I have lost a significant number of pounds (over 50 lbs) and have no idea what size will fit. Stores I have been in will not allow me to try them on. I do not want to take them back. What a hassle and I am not sure them would allow returns anyway.

I hear you. Congrats on your weight loss, I am still shooting for that amount. Same store policies here. It reduces spending. I am de-cluttering and more careful about buying new under this store policy.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    All the back seat parenting i get because of covid. Its so annoying.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member
    edited October 2020
    My petty reason is that I used to love grocery shopping, and now I hate it and I hate all my fellow shoppers 😂. Someone is always standing in my way or fondling the produce or drifting down the middle of the aisle in a daze or going through the checkout line with their mask pulled down, hoping the poor checkout girl calls them on it so they can go off on how their rights are being violated.

I made these masks and that made me feel better 😂

[snip]

@wanderinglight - I think you should try selling these masks on Etsy :smiley:

If you want to just sell the design, you can have a company like teespring fulfill the order, which is what a former coworker friend is doing with mostly fitness related t-shirts, but some masks as well:

https://teespring.com/stores/happibod
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited October 2020
    I need a new refrigerator. No one has them in the size that will fit the space in my kitchen. It’s a standard size, but only huge refrigerators are in stock right now. It’s a supply chain issue. Apparently manufacturers miscalculated and just as demand went up (because of everyone staying home and putting stress on their appliances?) they cut orders back. Plus issues related to manufacturing facilities being shut down and that shipping anything from overseas takes extra months as well.
  • On the one hand, it doesn't matter that everything's closed because my boyfriend is having severe PTSD and doesn't want to leave the house. So I can't get mad at him for not going to the symphony with me. On the other hand, I'd like to DO SOMETHING on occasion besides go to the grocery store once a week.
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    On the one hand, it doesn't matter that everything's closed because my boyfriend is having severe PTSD and doesn't want to leave the house. So I can't get mad at him for not going to the symphony with me. On the other hand, I'd like to DO SOMETHING on occasion besides go to the grocery store once a week.

I feel you. I've gotten so stir crazy that occasionally I just go out on a long drive. Nowhere to go, but at least I'm out of the house 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    I really hate all of the time I have missed out on spending with family and friends when i think back to when lockdown started here in march.
  • kshama2001
    I haven't had a hair cut by a professional since Dec 2019. (I do my bangs and he does my ends, but my poor layers...)
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Last haircut was January 2020 for me too, I’ve hacked at it a few times since then but I’m getting desperate now! I have baby fine hair that doesn’t do well at extreme length - not to mention the lack of highlights (to blend in the grey/white) is starting to bug me! 👵🏻

Only comfort is that most people are in the same situation, and it’s not like I’m seeing anyone anyway! 😂
  • joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    Since February 2020 I've learned how to cut my husband's hair and he has been trimming the bottom of mine and I've gone to an all one length style. We have just decided to continue even though we can get haircuts now (with a little bit of a hassle). We save $45 every month!
  • kshama2001
    I borrowed "Joy of Cooking: All About Pasta & Noodles" from the library and asked my OH for requests. One was stuffed manicotti. Well, apparently there is a shortage. Couldn't find jumbo pasta shells at the first store either, but did find them at the second. Saw crazy high prices for these on Amazon and Walmart.

This article is from May but apparently some pasta shortages is still a thing. As with Coca Cola, etc., manufacturers are focusing on their top sellers. (We haven't seen caffeine-free regular Coke since last spring, so he is making due with regular.)

https://slate.com/business/2020/05/pasta-shortage-coronavirus-why.html

I can't remember the last time I made or had stuffed shells. These were delish! (I actually morphed the recipe from my big JOC and the one from the box because these were simpler than the one in the library book.)
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    My son (13yr old) has decided he prefers me cutting his hair (!!!)
    I don't think I am great at it and would rather take him to the barber, but he is determined that he will only have a cut if I do it
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I borrowed "Joy of Cooking: All About Pasta & Noodles" from the library and asked my OH for requests. One was stuffed manicotti. Well, apparently there is a shortage. Couldn't find jumbo pasta shells at the first store either, but did find them at the second. Saw crazy high prices for these on Amazon and Walmart.

This article is from May but apparently some pasta shortages is still a thing. As with Coca Cola, etc., manufacturers are focusing on their top sellers. (We haven't seen caffeine-free regular Coke since last spring, so he is making due with regular.)

https://slate.com/business/2020/05/pasta-shortage-coronavirus-why.html

I can't remember the last time I made or had stuffed shells. These were delish! (I actually morphed the recipe from my big JOC and the one from the box because these were simpler than the one in the library book.)

A lady at work told me she used lasagna noodles. Said it was too hard and too messy to stuff the shells, so she soaked lasagna noodles to soften them while she made the filling, put filling on each and rolled it up. She said it was much easier, and with the sauce covering it, it looked good, I never tried it, but thought it sounded like a good idea.