Lanette gorgeous!

Carol thank you for Lenora update!
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited October 2020
    va2xs4rs7ti1.jpg
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,319 Member
    Carol - thank you for the updates on everyone! <3.

Fae - I think you are on the money about the fires and allergies. There was probably some toxic stuff released in the smoke as structures burned, which added to the nastiness of stuff that engulfed us for a while.

I noticed this morning my little walking buddy was really huffing and puffing to keep up with me. I'm 5'9" and she's 4'11" so she is getting a workout no matter what, lol. She told me a while back she has "mild emphysema" plus she has IBS and her tummy was feeling twitchy. She said she wanted to power on, so we did. She doesn't have allergies and wasn't showing any symptoms of other stuff.

Last I heard, they don't want folks to come in for testing in our county if they aren't presenting with more symptoms that just sniffles and a sneeze. Temperature, with body aches and/or loss of sense of smell/taste would put a person at the front of the line. That might have changed, I can't keep up anymore. :#

Lanette B)
  • Faetta
    edited October 2020
    Carol - thank you for the updates on everyone! <3.

Last I heard, they don't want folks to come in for testing in our county if they aren't presenting with more symptoms that just sniffles and a sneeze. Temperature, with body aches and/or loss of sense of smell/taste would put a person at the front of the line. That might have changed, I can't keep up anymore. :#

Lanette B)

Same here at ALL the MEDICAL facilities, but at the state-sponsored, geography select, random door to door and drive up testing they want to test everyone, symptoms or no. Since that is based on politics,
    n31ijznb8vj6.png
  • Faetta
    Just got a laugh! A young lady signed up here as big---girl and her name was changed to bigkittengirl <3:D:D:D
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2020
    Barbara- I usually do the laundry for us both, in separate loads. I wash everything in cold water. I use Tide Free detergent. Some things go in the dryer, but I prefer to hang my jeans and sweaters on the rack on the opposite wall in the laundry room to air dry. Sometimes I employ a fan. Once they are dry, I tumble those that look like they need to be softened up a bit. Hanging clothes outside would not be possible here. 1. There are no places to put up clotheslines. 2. We have birds that enjoy target practice and clean laundry would be a great target. :wink: On another topic: We live in a townhouse community now, and each home is individually owned. The homeowner’s association has the exteriors of our homes painted when necessary. If individuals have window replacements done or other structural repairs, we pay for our own. :ohwell:

Machka- I took the time to look at your link. It made sense to me. :star:

Fae- Good luck on the husband hunt. :wink: You might consider adopting a dog. They’re great companions and loyal. A dog won’t spend your money or tell you what you should be doing. :noway:

Dr. Katie- I sympathize with your falls. I’ve had both wrists broken in separate falls a few years apart, both on unseen ice. Sometimes my wrists still ache a bit but that is less frequent than it was in the past. :noway:

Lanette- I just took my own temperature: 97.4F. This is my usual temp. You appear to be a cooler girl than me. :wink: Your Mandevilla is gorgeous!

Allie- Dr. Katie has given you good advice. I hope you get your test results soon and they are Covid free. :heart:

Carol-Thanks for your update on Lenora. I’ve often wondered about her. I’m delighted that she is working on better balance and doing well. :flowerforyou:

SuziQ- The Christmas Gnomes are cuter than cute! They remind me of the seven dwarfs, though there are only two. :wink:

Tracey- I’m amazed that you’ve already had snow. We haven’t even had a light frost so far. Hanging baskets of fuchsias and geranium are still in full-bloom. :star:

RVRita- I’m happy you’re good, and it sounds like you’re “good and busy.” I hope you get needed rest breaks. :flowerforyou:

I’m not usually a worrywart, but last night was worrisome. I read CoVid statistics for Illinois where my daughter lives and the cases there seemed to be sky high. After a while I realized that my daughter has been tested, is immune, and she is smart and well informed. She will take excellent care for herself and her family. Even with all of my confidence in her, I still worry. I will be keeping DD & her family in my prayers. I guess it’s a mom/grandma thing.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • Faetta
    edited October 2020
    Katla No worries! There won't be any husband hunt or any partnership of any kind. Too many years of being independent. I would get a dog except I am highly allergic to animal hair. Also, I plan to live for 30 more years and couldn't bear to bury another long time pet. 10 years ago when my 20-year-old cat died, I decided never again and also my health improved and not one bloody nose since. Also when my neighbor's old dog was poisoned by another creepy neighbor, I decided not to get attached to animals anymore. I took care of him when my neighbor was sick and took him walking after my neighbor was put in a wheelchair. After his dog died, he gave up and died within the year from diabetes.

Very funny that since I posted about a husband search in jest, at the bottom of this site as I type this, the former two-piece swimsuit ads are replaced with wedding ring ads.

Fae

This one caught my eye. If I was rich, I would buy it to wear for senior events just to discourage old guys. I sort of like that rose gold, but hard to chose.
  • SimplySoldierOn
    SimplySoldierOn Posts: 2 Member
    LOVE the reminder from Whidislander that the most important ingredient is mood!
    Thank you for that
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Hello again,
    So i got a call from the endocrinologist office.. I have to have a 3rd urine catch as i guess there wasnt enough this 2nd time... honestly this is getting rediculous...
    But will go pick it up as soon as I get the all clear...
    Dont worry im just staying close to home until i hear from drs office..and if i am negative i should be well enough to take care of Faith...
    If I am positive.. here I will stay for 2 weeks.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family n to bike shop- 2hrs 40min 27sec, 81ahr,, 3.20ap, 184elev, 8.61mi= 826c
    Strava app = 1043c
    Other- moving spare bedroom around- 47.49min, 81ahr, 111mhr= 219c

Total cal 1044
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    A miracle! I have found a rug!
    Gwendolen told me she had been into town and visited a well known furniture shop called Heals. She said there were some quite decent rugs there. This evening I went online and found several that I really liked. Only one was the size we had decided on. Showed it to DH and he loved it. So I ordered it.
    It will take a few weeks to arrive as it's made to order.
    I've been looking every day recently, so it's quite a relief to have found it.

Love to all Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,031 Member
    Engrossed in a new art project. I will catch up eventually. 😂 Up to page 53

☘️ Terri
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,939 Member
    Heather, the rug is beautiful.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,031 Member
    Finished page 54. Off to bed now.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,746 Member
    Michele ... I finally gave up on the pool stain project. I did everything the pool store and direct calls to the manufacturer suggested and the copper stain didn't do diddly-squat! They told me the product always works. But when I asked if most people use the product when the water was 40 degrees, everyone got quiet. Spent a lot of time and money and will have to work on it next year. Only thing it did was remove the metals from the water. So at least there was that. Now I'm back to rebalancing the water before we close.

Welcome to the new girls!

Heather .. your rug choice will look wonderful with the newly painted room!

My food choices have been off the rail and I need Pip's boot! Pip?

Beth

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    Bought a slab of carpet for $40 to protect the carpet from our sweat and potential markings
    tep6athyddj1.jpeg
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Pip, “potential markings” LOL

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,809 Member
    So glad I'm finished uni ... I wouldn't have time for it! Yesterday was nuts at work and today is similar.

I'm trying to finish or nearly finish 3 projects. As with all projects that involve code, it's rare that things work right the first time and there are numerous steps to everything. And then, right in the middle of it all, I was tossed a 4th project. And I had to get them all to a certain point before 1:45 pm when I left to go to the dentist.

Then there was the dentist. Nothing is ever simple with my teeth. I have extra-long roots and nerves in places they can't seem to "freeze". So for this appointment I was given nitrous oxide. At first the dentist was going to proceed with the set-up for the installation of a crown but a particular nerve was giving me a lot of pain, then she was going to go to a Plan B, and then some of the freezing and nitrous oxide must have taken effect because she was able to proceed with Plan A. An hour and 15 minutes later, my tooth is ready for a crown! But I had to come home and nap because the nitrous oxide and whole appointment left me feeling wiped out.

Then we're in the midst of preparations for the weekend cycling event. We're organising it so I had to get maps, cue sheets, emails, etc. out. We were also putting together the supplies and discovered that a couple bags which had been stored in our "basement" had been invaded by mice. They must be very fat mice now! Funny thing was, Rhody was most interested in those particular bags. I don't know if he has ever encountered a mouse, but something in the smell spoke to his inner hunter!

M in Oz