Less Alcohol - OCTOBER 2020 - One Day at a Time (Try a Sober October)

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    @dawnbgethealthy UGH I do not look forward to seeing snow again. Nice picture though. At our lakes they were more concerned with invasive water plants being transfered to other bodies of water. I do recall ever seeing a cleaning station, only the signs warning of the plants. 🚤
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    @looneycatblue one day at a time or one week at a time....what ever works best for you. Yes an entire month can seem overwhelming. 👍
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,301 Member
    MissMay wrote: »
    I have been trying to push through some pain my gull bladder is causing me. Certain foods trigger it and I know I have not been a good girl. To much spice, to much coffee, etc.

So this morning and all day has been coffee free. 😬

Which also means AF because alcohol is a huge irritant when one of these attacks happen.

Have a successful week everyone.

MissMay, how are you feeling today? I have never experienced gallbladder pain, sounds terrible, I hope you are feeling better today. <3

3 AF / 3 days :)
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Couple of glasses of wine after fishing this evening while eating dinner. I did not finish the second glass. Switched over to water.

Oct accountability: 6/20 days AF
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,514 Member
    I am Dawn and live in South East British Columbia. I am 60.
    My goal remains the same as it has been for quite some time, 16-20 AF days per month.

Wednesday October 14 - AF. I worked out of town for my favourite company today (Foster Grant) and stopped on the way home for a wee trail walk. it was gorgeous with blue skies all day.
    Thursday October 15 - AF. I had to do the 6 minute wait 3 times, but it worked. I had to get those 2AF in a row.
    Friday October 16 - Drinks. Both of my tenants left to go home for the weekend. Yay. They are awesome guys, but I love having the house to myself. Rainy day, no opportunity to hit the trails, but all good.
    Saturday October 17 - AF - Felt like having drinks, but refrained.
    Sunday October 18 - AF - Had to get my 2 AF days in a row.
    Monday October 19 - AF - My whole day's work got screwed up today because of a technical glitch - containing the instructions. I puttered around, felt like having drinks, but didn't.
    Tuesday October 20 - Drinks. Had a great hike after work, came home and did my paperwork and then had a few. It was nice.

Rolling total: 14 AF days out of 20 days so far.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,514 Member
    Really thinking about all that has been said about using up our "drink" days. I do that for sure. I picked today out of the week because tomorrow is a work from home day, and an easy one at that.
    Calculating out which of our 2 or 3 "drink" days (for those of us that are striving for around 20AF days) is either a part of the process of drinking less, or is showing our dependence. Not sure which.
    Big food for thought.