The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• FourWindsWalker
    FourWindsWalker Posts: 143 Member
    edited October 2020
    Returned to the site... Jumping in and saying hi. I am at the highest weight Ive ever been in my life. Allowed drastic and huge life changes to give me the excuse to turn to food for comfort. Slowly getting back on track. Learning portion control. Hope to meet other supportive people. Feel free to send me a friend's request. *wave*
  • Tishtok__
    Tishtok__ Posts: 32 Member
    Good morning middle agers, I haven't visited this community page for yonks! Hope you're doing well and hello from Australia!
  • WildColonialGirl
    WildColonialGirl Posts: 15 Member
    Hi everyone! New here, 45, from Cleveland, Ohio, USA. Recently had a scare with my heart and am making some big lifestyle changes. We just lost our dog, who was my biggest reason to exercise, but I’m walking in our neighborhood anyway.
  • Tishtok__
    Tishtok__ Posts: 32 Member
    Hi everyone! New here, 45, from Cleveland, Ohio, USA. Recently had a scare with my heart and am making some big lifestyle changes. We just lost our dog, who was my biggest reason to exercise, but I’m walking in our neighborhood anyway.

Hi and welcome, I'm sorry to hear about your dog : ( When my dog passed away at the age of 12, I was devastated.
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    edited October 2020
    Welcome (back) all, I only rejoined myself about 2 months ago and you know what, it's good to be back. I gained loads in the first lockdown but that's not going to happen this second time around.

Eeeek snow! It's chilly enough here, but thankfully no snow. I like the look of it, but this country just can't cope with it and it will just grind to a halt.

I found a new exercise I really like, calisthenics. It's all bodyweight based. It looks dead easy but it's so deceptive. Nice alternative now that the gym is off limits again.
    I also downloaded the Calm app, to try to meditate/relax a bit more. A little airy fairy perhaps, but my blood pressure is worrying me (I'm measuring twice a day and it's not good at all) so I'm going to give this a good go.
  • neilrobertson66
    neilrobertson66 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I am trying to get motivated and require support. I need a challenge. All help appreciated
  • MrsAcyprus2015
    MrsAcyprus2015 Posts: 35 Member
    39 in a couple of weeks :)
  • balanc41
    balanc41 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Good morning my sexy middle agers! Time to make it a great day by hitting it hard
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited October 2020
    Morning all, today is our calm from the storm(s) I think. Snowed yesterday, then tomorrow and Friday up to another foot...ughh. I was supposed to take my son on college visit out of town on Friday, but if there's a foot of new snow and 40 mph winds, that's a big fat no. Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Seems everyone is getting snow I need to get my garden prepped for winter but it's been so rainy here lately. I'd rather snow it's easier to go out walking in the snow than rain.

Have a happy Wednesday middle agers. I've picked out a YouTube workout to do already since it's pouring rain outside. Can't wait!
  • FutureFit2020
    FutureFit2020 Posts: 128 Member

Sorry about your dog @WildColonialGirl losing a pet is really difficult. If you want to walk a dog (and do some good) you might have a program near you for helping people who can't walk their dogs because of terminal illness, old age or shielding concerns during Covid. Locally we have something called the Cinnamon trust who pair people to do this. If you google you'll probably find some "borrow my dog" pages local to you
  • FutureFit2020
    FutureFit2020 Posts: 128 Member
    Welcome (back) all, I only rejoined myself about 2 months ago and you know what, it's good to be back. I gained loads in the first lockdown but that's not going to happen this second time around.

Eeeek snow! It's chilly enough here, but thankfully no snow. I like the look of it, but this country just can't cope with it and it will just grind to a halt.

I found a new exercise I really like, calisthenics. It's all bodyweight based. It looks dead easy but it's so deceptive. Nice alternative now that the gym is off limits again.
    I also downloaded the Calm app, to try to meditate/relax a bit more. A little airy fairy perhaps, but my blood pressure is worrying me (I'm measuring twice a day and it's not good at all) so I'm going to give this a good go.

I've watched a lot of videos on callisthenics, not a damn thing looked dead easy :D Really impressive what people can do with the human body though and a bit of inspiration sometimes when I think what I'd like to learn when I lose weight.
  • coffee_n_weights
    coffee_n_weights Posts: 115 Member

I'm so sorry about your loss as well as the scare. Good for you for being able to get out there and walk anyway and work on making those changes.
  • coffee_n_weights
    coffee_n_weights Posts: 115 Member
    HHD everyone! Today is my Friday eve this week and looking forward to getting out for a run after work. It's a bit warm for here today (75) and while I'd love it to be cooler, not missing that white stuff yet that I see posted here!
    Have a great one!
  • balanc41
    Ok ok I take it all back! I’d rather be back in bed🤣🤣
  • AliNouveau
    Ok...commuting vent....why is it on my way to drop the boy off to school there's hardly any traffic, even today a rainy grey day. But coming home I'm stuck in traffic but only to one certain specific spot where the highway narrows to two lanes and why the heck does one of the business roads in North America go from 4 lanes to 2 at one point then back to 4?!?!

Ok that's all. Have a good day. @LunaTheFatCat have you checked out YouTube for workout videos now you are stuck home? Raneir Pollard has super good workouts and he's hilarious
  • LunaTheFatCat
    Yup definitely ready for a duvet day! It's 4.30pm here, so another hour's work, then I'm done. I squeezed a walk in during lunch when it was dry but all manky out there now again.

Thanks @AliNouveau I'll definitely check that out, never heard of him! I've been doing Lucy Lismore (beginner calisthenics) and some Yoga with Adrienne. I just don't want a repeat of the first lockdown where I sat on my hole all day.
  • AliNouveau
    Yup definitely ready for a duvet day! It's 4.30pm here, so another hour's work, then I'm done. I squeezed a walk in during lunch when it was dry but all manky out there now again.

Thanks @AliNouveau I'll definitely check that out, never heard of him! I've been doing Lucy Lismore (beginner calisthenics) and some Yoga with Adrienne. I just don't want a repeat of the first lockdown where I sat on my hole all day.

Raneir has a channel and they're often really hard workouts but can be modified. He's really funny and will start dancing in the middle of the workout and make little funny comments. I really like him. He's also super interactive on his social media so that's nice too
  • LunaTheFatCat
    AliNouveau wrote: »

Raneir has a channel and they're often really hard workouts but can be modified. He's really funny and will start dancing in the middle of the workout and make little funny comments. I really like him. He's also super interactive on his social media so that's nice too

He looks fun on the pics anyway! I'll be doing this 35 min full body workout later!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_aE8hBw3GM
  • balanc41
    Of the snow, not 70 degree weather, haha
    balanc41 wrote: »
    Snow has finally hit!
    5hs8opr0zguh.jpeg
    178ozhi0hb2o.jpeg

Yeah it wasn’t fun to drive in last night. Could only go about 40 tops on the intestate. Took me over an hour to get home last night.🤣