Weight No More - October 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    **sorry for all the terrible typos in the above post. I obviously paid no attention to what I was actually writing, nor did I "proof-read"! Cringeworthy to read and too late for me to edit. :/ Can I make an excuse that I work with numbers by trade - words are really not my thing!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 934 Member
    **sorry for all the terrible typos in the above post. I obviously paid no attention to what I was actually writing, nor did I "proof-read"! Cringeworthy to read and too late for me to edit. :/ Can I make an excuse that I work with numbers by trade - words are really not my thing!

Luckily it's human nature to reed write over typos, Lisa.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,456 Member
    check in for Monday
    Food-logged and on target
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise-PT

I am still resting the knee. I put my apple watch back on for the first time today. The steps are going to be low but I am trying to get up every hour. My knee is doing much better on the medication. I actually have been sleeping so poorly and last night I was so comfortable I slept until 10:30! Unfortunately I had a nail appointment at that time but I was able to push it back 30 min thank goodness. I had that then the dentist (cavity of course, it has been that kind of week) and I am just able to get on now to check in. Hope everyone is doing well!

@kittengirl88 Thank you!! I will bookmark those to use when the weather gets better!
    @kandi3570 Sounds like it wasn't too bad of a day yesterday and you are doing well today!
    @kirsten11872 It stinks getting old Lol! I hope your knee starts feeling better too!
    @goingape Sounds like you are planning for success! I need to follow your lead! As an older person, some advice about the gym...if you are going to use the work Gym stay there. If you aren't motivated to go and think you would start going with your husband, go with him. Don't waste until January because you have classes already paid for. I know it is a waste of money but it still would be if you didn't go. I have waited so many times myself, that is the only reason why I am telling you this. xo
    @Melzz19 That is tough about your job. Can you collect unemployment at least until the new season starts? Hugs!
    @jedaschultz Hope you can get back on track this week!
    @Freeglerock Sad thing- I didn't even notice! Lol! I never proof read so I can imagine how bad my posts are Lol! I love that you are enjoying the weather and walking. Hope with your new jacket and boots you can do it for a while longer.
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited October 2020
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    check in for Monday
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise-PT

I am still resting the knee. I put my apple watch back on for the first time today. The steps are going to be low but I am trying to get up every hour. My knee is doing much better on the medication. I actually have been sleeping so poorly and last night I was so comfortable I slept until 10:30! Unfortunately I had a nail appointment at that time but I was able to push it back 30 min thank goodness. I had that then the dentist (cavity of course, it has been that kind of week) and I am just able to get on now to check in. Hope everyone is doing well!

Pam, I had a diagnosis of arthritis a few years back, maybe five, when my foot really hurt. I thought maybe I had a stress fracture from hiking. It r.e.a.l.l.y hurt. So my doctor sent me for an x-ray.

The secretary at my doctor's office had a good laugh when she called me with the x-ray results. We're close. I've been going to the same doctor since university. She told me it was osteoarthritis, so I asked her what kind of arthritis that was. She said, deadpan, "It means you're old now."

I started taking ginger and turmeric capsules every day. I already drink a lot of ginger tea...the really strong STASH ones. Anyway, I have barely felt it again.

I hope this happens to you too. Not the part where someone tells you you're old. The part where it doesn't hurt again at all for more than five years.

Big hug.
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Monday steps 6387
    Tuesday steps 8903

Hi, Everyone! Hope everyone is hanging in there!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,305 Member
    @sleepymom5 So, yes, planting is usually a spring thing. But bulb flowers can (should?) be planted in the fall, like tulips and iris. Daylilies are weird, not exactly a bulb, but not a root either and they spread like crazy.

But, in truth, mine (bright yellow) were already planted, I dug two clumps (of 10 or 12) up, separated them, weeded out all the stubborn, obnoixious weeds and as I cleared, my husband replanted, spreading them out so they are healthier. Some ended up in the yard waste because there were too many.

Two springs past, I dug the first 8-10 up, separated them and gave away about 5 dozen and still have several dozen in my shop. And I have several (half dozen?) of a new color that I got from a friend that I need to find a place for...maybe in the tiny bed in front of my door. Usually, it is just mulch and a bucket of two week wild flowers (that look a lot like daffodils). They would do okay there.

I think my new iris will get the back bed. In the spring I'll likely get some hostas and low maintenance something (zinneas? cone flowers? Daisies?) that also self seed and do ground cover...maybe phlox?
  • 1theresamcvean
    @sleepymom5 So, yes, planting is usually a spring thing. But bulb flowers can (should?) be planted in the fall, like tulips and iris. Daylilies are weird, not exactly a bulb, but not a root either and they spread like crazy.

But, in truth, mine (bright yellow) were already planted, I dug two clumps (of 10 or 12) up, separated them, weeded out all the stubborn, obnoixious weeds and as I cleared, my husband replanted, spreading them out so they are healthier. Some ended up in the yard waste because there were too many.

Two springs past, I dug the first 8-10 up, separated them and gave away about 5 dozen and still have several dozen in my shop. And I have several (half dozen?) of a new color that I got from a friend that I need to find a place for...maybe in the tiny bed in front of my door. Usually, it is just mulch and a bucket of two week wild flowers (that look a lot like daffodils). They would do okay there.

I think my new iris will get the back bed. In the spring I'll likely get some hostas and low maintenance something (zinneas? cone flowers? Daisies?) that also self seed and do ground cover...maybe phlox?

If I lived closer, I'd come and transplant them in my garden. :smile:
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    8345 steps. 1029 calories. I had a lazy day after work. Somewhat of a lazy day at work too. 😁
  • kandi3570
    @1theresamcvean I’m so sorry for your loss.
    @sleepymom5 you sound like you have a green thumb. I am envious. I have flowerbeds that come back every year and thrive. But I have two that I replant every year. No matter what I put there it will survive the summer but won’t return. Except for the huge hosta that I’ve split so many times. Even I can’t kill it in my flower bed that is under the eve of the house and I forget to water it.
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock
    Week 3
    PW: 170.0
    CW: 169.7
    LTD: 48.8

Only a small movement, but it is in the right direction, and my first "official" weigh-in under 170! Yay!

Check-in: Tues 20th
    Food: on target (only if I include my 3am feast on 21st diary...)
    Water: pitiful
    Exercise: walking
    Steps: 15,250

Yesterday went well, but woke at 3am and ended up eating mince pie, chocolate covered marshmallows and custard cream biscuits. Think I woke up and my partner had left custard creams a little too close to the bed, I saw them and that started it off.
  • Freeglerock
    @1theresamcvean How sad, I'm so sorry. xx

@sleepymom5 Hoping the pain subsides soon.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,978 Member
    @1theresamcvean I'm so sorry☹ You know you did all you could. Sometimes the universe just has its own plan.

Still struggling with eating better. Struggling with lots of things, really.

But every day I choose to get up and go is another win. So there.
  • melaniedscott
    edited October 2020
    @1theresamcvean & @minstrelofsarcasm

Can I do a late weigh in? I've had a couple higher than norm sodium days and I know I have not gained 6 lb in three days...

Also live the meme with the little girl. Reminds me of me. I was super thin when young and wanted so badly to connect with my mom. She always went on and on about being fat...in retrospect, at her largest, maybe wore a size 12, usually between an 8 and a 10 (so, not FAT) and that messed with my brain in body image ways...now, she is seriously heavy (or, was last I saw her...funeral 18 mons ago? I let go of those toxic relationships a long time ago).
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    @1theresamcvean - That's so sad, I'm sorry. I hope the other puppies are happy and healthy??

@Freeglerock - Welcome to the 160's! We're happy to have you with us, for however long you'd like.

@melaniedscott - Absolutely, not a problem. Weigh in before the end of the week and you'll be fine!

Update on Me:

I binged on tortilla chips and salsa last night. I wasn't even hungry. I'll be honest, I have no idea what was behind it, but my bloat this morning was an excellent deterrent from doing it again tonight. Also I'm out of salsa.

It's almost cookie season, and I'm excited to try out a bunch of new recipes. I have quite a few people who have so generously offered to take in some lonely cookies during the holidays, so I won't be overwhelmed. Here's hoping I take them up on the offer, or just randomly leave cookies for people whenever I go anywhere. I have options.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,456 Member
    Check in for Tuesday
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise-PT

Not much to say since I checked in yesterday afternoon. I ended up having a good day yesterday. I am up a little in weight and I am not sure why. I am just going to keep on keeping on. I do want to get back to at least walking a little but last week I started walking again when I was feeling better and I ended up getting worse. I am going to hold off until after the weekend to get back to walking because of this. This weekend Jim and I are going to the shore by ourselves(no kids!) so we will probably walk to restaurants. I figured that would probably be a good way to start back, leisurely 10-15 min walks. I also think going from resting to my normal activity is also a good way to ease back which I am going to do today. I will listen to my body but need to get things done around the house. Ok..so much for not having much to say Lol! Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!

@1theresamcvean I am sorry about Bella. It was nice you all took such good care of her during her short little life. Hugs! It is encouraging to hear that you haven't had any issues with your foot since. I am afraid I am going to have this happen every few months but it doesn't have to be that way.
    @melaniedscott I need you to come to Pa and help me! Lol! I love the finished product but I hate to garden. I also don't know what I am doing...
    @kandi3570 @melaniedscott has the green thumb, not me! I pretty much kill everything I plant. lol! I am glad you had a lazy day, you don't seem to have many of those
    @Freeglerock Congrats on being into the 160s!! That sweet during the night snacking is all the things I would be tempted to snack on! It is over with so just move on. You are in the 160s and have come so far, this is a small blip in the radar.
    @GingerPwr Hugs my friend xo
    @minstrelofsarcasm I wish I lived closer, I would take in some lonely cookies (and pass them off as my own ;) )
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    10/20 steps 7422
  • kandi3570
    @sleepymom5. Lol im sorry for the confusion about who had a green thumb. It’s sometimes hard to keep everyone straight when we’ve never met. But I just read that post wrong.
  • melaniedscott
    edited October 2020
    @Freeglerock & @sleepymom5
    correction, I do not have a green thumb. Daylilies are extreeeemely easy. I'm told, if planted, the bulbs sitting in my shop the last 18 months with no light or water would grow. I'm only good at killing weeds. I've killed multiple basil plants, rosemary and mint. I currently have a mint plant named Lazurus...because I kill it and well, it comes back. Also, ivy--but that was on purpose, we had a substantial disagreement on appropriate vine behavior.

Also... @1theresamcvean , I second (third, fourth, fifth?...lost count) the puppy condolences...sometimes they are just too tiny to thrive.
This discussion has been closed.