What's the last thing you bought?

Replies

• ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    I just finished up the last of my Christmas gift shopping (I think). Yay!

wtf

I ship out a lot of my gifts to people as none of my family live anywhere near by. Gotta buy early to get them in the mail on time. Also, my son's birthday is Nov. 11, so I do double shopping (birthday+Christmas).

well i’m very impressed anyways 💛
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I just finished up the last of my Christmas gift shopping (I think). Yay!

wtf

I ship out a lot of my gifts to people as none of my family live anywhere near by. Gotta buy early to get them in the mail on time. Also, my son's birthday is Nov. 11, so I do double shopping (birthday+Christmas).

well i’m very impressed anyways 💛

Just assuring you that I am not a psycho that's super obsessed with Christmas. :D

Honestly, still pissed that they more or less just skipped over Halloween this year and went straight to Christmas in a lot of stores. Hello, there are other holidays people enjoy, not just PSLs from Starbucks. Guess stores just figured they'd cut their losses since they thought Halloween would be cancelled due to the pandemic. Lame.
  • nitalieben
    nitalieben Posts: 680 Member
    Faux leather pants. Should really have been pajamas. But, you know. Priorities.
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    Another week in the hotel, another month of household goods storage, and a real estate lawyer. 😩🤬
  • KosmosKitten
    I paid to have someone fix my vehicle, does that count? I don't even think he replaced anything. Just cleaned solenoid panels, aired up my tires (which didn't need it) and ran a general diagnostic to make sure it wasn't a computer related error.
  • brustmannzwei
    I paid to have someone fix my vehicle, does that count? I don't even think he replaced anything. Just cleaned solenoid panels, aired up my tires (which didn't need it) and ran a general diagnostic to make sure it wasn't a computer related error.

Boo. Finding a good and reputable mechanic is difficult but a must.

If he charged you to air up the tires I’d reconsider going back.

Reading computer codes in modern vehicles can be expensive but I’d check out VatoZone or someplace like that where they will try for free.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    New glasses!
  • brankaabbada
    brankaabbada Posts: 29 Member
    Laptop and tv, but not for myself. Laptop for my oldest who turned 18 on Saturday and TV for youngest who is 16 today❤ oh and coffee to go just for me
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Yarn
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    Diet coke from the gas station and kid's veggie delight from Subway.

Right before that a bunch of different cookies and Turkey from Trader Joe's.
  • KosmosKitten

Reading computer codes in modern vehicles can be expensive but I’d check out VatoZone or someplace like that where they will try for free.

Nah, they just did it while it was in the shop. He didn't even charge me full price for the diagnostic. This was the mechanic I sent the car to when I had to have the engine replaced and they did a great job, offered a military discount and somehow managed to find an after-market part for about 1000 less than anyone in any nearby state was selling it.

He seemed surprised that it wasn't a computer issue, since that's what he guessed it was going to be (and that I'd have to take it to the dealership if that was the case). It cost less than I was expecting for the work to dig around and clean up things. **shrugs**

So far, this car has had to be fixed over:
    • A new engine
    • A new computer panel for the dashboard
    • Two new blower motors (again, in the dashboard)
    • A new airbag
    • Resetting the computer manually three times
    • Wheel bearings
    • Muffler damage
    • Damage to the fuel system

The car is only 6 years old. :grimace: I'm inclined to say we purchased a lemon (bought the car used with 27k miles on it) from a "reputable" dealership. I laugh about it now, but no.. they weren't reputable and the car has had more problems than ANY other car we've owned or that I've ever driven and known the history of. That includes cars that are 20+ years old.

• KosmosKitten
    Yarn

Ah, an appropriate use of funds if ever I saw one. :D
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Yarn

Ah, an appropriate use of funds if ever I saw one. :D

Yes 😆 I am not able to work on any projects at the moment but I can't leave a good deal there if I see one.
  • brustmannzwei

Nah, they just did it while it was in the shop. He didn't even charge me full price for the diagnostic. This was the mechanic I sent the car to when I had to have the engine replaced and they did a great job, offered a military discount and somehow managed to find an after-market part for about 1000 less than anyone in any nearby state was selling it.

He seemed surprised that it wasn't a computer issue, since that's what he guessed it was going to be (and that I'd have to take it to the dealership if that was the case). It cost less than I was expecting for the work to dig around and clean up things. **shrugs**

• A new engine
    • A new airbag
    • Wheel bearings
    • Muffler damage

The car is only 6 years old. :grimace: I'm inclined to say we purchased a lemon (bought the car used with 27k miles on it) from a "reputable" dealership. I laugh about it now, but no.. they weren't reputable and the car has had more problems than ANY other car we've owned or that I've ever driven and known the history of. That includes cars that are 20+ years old.
    Military discount 👍🏻

Wow, it’s only 6 years old? Yup, that is jacked. That sucks.

I don’t even buy vehicles that are that new and have never had problems like that.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member

• A new engine
    • A new airbag
    • Wheel bearings
    • Muffler damage

Holy crap. I'd love to know what this vehicle is. Mine is 20 years old and all I've needed to replace beyond regular maintenance items like brake parts are ball joints (okay, a lot of ball joints) and the distributor.

Last thing I bought was a dragon Halloween decoration for the office.
  • KosmosKitten
    ythannah wrote: »

• A new engine
    • A new airbag
    • Wheel bearings
    • Muffler damage

Holy crap. I'd love to know what this vehicle is. Mine is 20 years old and all I've needed to replace beyond regular maintenance items like brake parts are ball joints (okay, a lot of ball joints) and the distributor.

Last thing I bought was a dragon Halloween decoration for the office.

Sure, no problem. It was (at the time we bought it) a minimally used Chevy Captiva (2014). Our Crown Vic didn't have nearly as many issues and it was a 99. We only sold it because it was involved in an accident that would have required extensive repair to fix the bumper and needed a new battery. Our neighbor purchased it and I sat and watched him slowly replace and repair all the parts, including the battered seating. It was kinda cool. Now I see it around town sometimes and chuckle.

If could buy a replacement Crown Vic (if they hadn't stopped making them in 2012), we would. But finding a decent one in this part of the U.S. is hard because almost EVERYONE drives them (or their sister car) and isn't interested in selling.