I need help transforming my fat to muscle

Any suggestions about meal plans and workout plans would be great. I’ve been trying to consume about 2,000 calories and as much protein and not too much carbs.

Iam 5’7
Go to the gym almost everyday

Replies

• sal10851
    sal10851 Posts: 171 Member
    You need to lift weights to build muscle, cardio to burn fat, a good diet high in protein. Since you have fat reserves they can be a good source of energy to fuel your work outs.
  • sal10851
    sal10851 Posts: 171 Member
    sal10851 wrote: »
    You need to lift weights to build muscle, cardio to burn fat, a good diet high in protein. Since you have fat reserves they can be a good source of energy to fuel your work outs.

Cardio isnt necessary to burn fat and but I'm not sure that's what you're saying. Just clarifying it.

Agreed! Cardio helps to increase your fitness and helps with staying in a caloric deficit.
  • sheena_shewell
    sheena_shewell Posts: 48 Member
    If you want to lose fat and gain muscle which is what I think you are trying to say you need to try and lose weight (fat) first and then try and build up to strength training to gain miscle. If you are trying to recomp it can be quite difficult to master. I'd also suggest upping your protein intake and if not already get a personal trainer who knows what they're talking about.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Keep showing up, put in the work, be consistent, be patient and the results will come...
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    You would have to provide more details than your height to get specific suggestions. Weight, gender, age, and what you are doing at the gym would help. 2k calories may be too much, just right, or not enough.
  • FitRican
    FitRican Posts: 98 Member
    Simple just consume 2-ice as many grams of protein than Carbs+Fat combnied. Work out with heavy weight 3 times a week. Do cardio 1-2 times a week. I am 63 YO, I eat 200 gms of protein a day, 100 grams of fat + less that 50 grams of crabs a day. I am 190 pounds at 15% body fat. I do heavy HST full body workouts 3 times a week, cardio 3-4 times a week.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    FitRican wrote: »
    Simple just consume 2-ice as many grams of protein than Carbs+Fat combnied. Work out with heavy weight 3 times a week. Do cardio 1-2 times a week. I am 63 YO, I eat 200 gms of protein a day, 100 grams of fat + less that 50 grams of crabs a day. I am 190 pounds at 15% body fat. I do heavy HST full body workouts 3 times a week, cardio 3-4 times a week.

If it were only that easy. I didn't give you a disagree. I gave you a hug because I do believe in miracles and I only wish it was just that easy. Stay positive and upbeat. Thanks for making me smile and wishing at the same time.
    So long now.