The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    I'm so jealous of the 4 day weekends!! Snow is staring to fall here...estimates tell us anywhere from 4-12-who the hell knows. So yeah...why does cold and snow make me want to bake??? Must...resist......
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Hey Girl. @forestfreek You're up bright and early. I really like this thread. It's homey and pleasant. Thought I'd stop by your house and say Hi.
    Hi
    Tell me something good
    Bye

Yeah, this is a great thread. One of the only ones I bother to comment on regularly.
    I love looking in on the posts on the Debate board, but rarely comment. So many well-spoken and knowledgeable people on this site (you, for one 💕) that I would feel like a complete nightmare commenting there 😂.

I also like how people aren’t continuously flirting and hitting on each other in this group. That gets very tiresome to watch and experience with this site. Never seen such a thirsty site in my life. Jesus. Dating sites aren’t even this amorous 😂😂😂

• forestfreek
    cgrout78 wrote: »
    I'm so jealous of the 4 day weekends!! Snow is staring to fall here...estimates tell us anywhere from 4-12-who the hell knows. So yeah...why does cold and snow make me want to bake??? Must...resist......

Where are you located?
    (Generally, not your GPS coordinates or anything😂)
    Still not a flake up here in Central Ontario. In fact it’s supposed to be 17 degrees tomorrow😎

• forestfreek

And yes! That kind of weather does make one want to bake. Or make comfort food....which is what I’m afraid I’m gonna do this weekend😫😂
    Homemade Mac and cheese.....mmmmmmmm......

• cgrout78
    I'm in Minnesota, just across the border from Fargo (everyone's heard of Fargo). Generally we don't get THIS much snow this early? but...it IS 2020 soooo...haha.

and OMG...homemade mac and cheese sounds so good right now. My oldest made one a couple weeks ago that had a pound of macaroni, a pound of cheese and a whole stick of butter. It was a heart attack on a plate but so dang good! Of course, eating that COULD be the reason I'm back here...hmmmm
  • forestfreek
    I'm in Minnesota, just across the border from Fargo (everyone's heard of Fargo). Generally we don't get THIS much snow this early? but...it IS 2020 soooo...haha.

and OMG...homemade mac and cheese sounds so good right now. My oldest made one a couple weeks ago that had a pound of macaroni, a pound of cheese and a whole stick of butter. It was a heart attack on a plate but so dang good! Of course, eating that COULD be the reason I'm back here...hmmmm

🤣🤣🤣
    Sounds worth it, to me 😍

I feel like you guys down south are for sure getting snow way earlier than up north. A few places have had a bit of snow in northern Ontario, but not much.
    As you said - it’s 2020. It could be raining locusts by next week 🙄😂

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Hey Girl. @forestfreek You're up bright and early. I really like this thread. It's homey and pleasant. Thought I'd stop by your house and say Hi.
    Hi
    Tell me something good
    Bye

Yeah, this is a great thread. One of the only ones I bother to comment on regularly.
    I love looking in on the posts on the Debate board, but rarely comment. So many well-spoken and knowledgeable people on this site (you, for one 💕) that I would feel like a complete nightmare commenting there 😂.

I also like how people aren’t continuously flirting and hitting on each other in this group. That gets very tiresome to watch and experience with this site. Never seen such a thirsty site in my life. Jesus. Dating sites aren’t even this amorous 😂😂😂

Hey there 😉. Breathtaking, utter perfection. How you doing?😉, Come here often?

😂🤣😂🤣. How'd I do? I'm not sure I can do the super smarmy creepy comments
  • AliNouveau
    Ok this getting up earlier sucks now that it's dark every morning. I have a feeling it's raining, yet again, but who the heck knows.

I am excited for tomorrow because I've ordered a meal kit from our steakhouse chain. We got one for mother's Day and they're doing them again since indoor dining is off the table, so to speak. I love cooking but these meal kits are fun
  • forestfreek
    @AliNouveau - when you said “how you doing” I literally LOLd - it reminds me of Joey from Friends 😂
  • coffee_n_weights
    coffee_n_weights Posts: 115 Member
    Good morning all - happy Friday eve! Slept completely through the night last night for the first time since I can remember so maybe I'll be good and switch from coffee to water earlier than I usually do:)

@AliNouveau - that sounds delicious. I don't think anyone around here offers meal kits. Are they like those mail order-all the ingredients and directions included you do the cooking meals?

@cgrout78 - good homemade mac and cheese is definitely one of those comfort foods that I'll splurge on!

@forestfreek - I'm glad I found this group for the same reasons you mentioned. Kinda prefer to keep my fitness and Tinder goals separate 😂 (JK!)
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Mmm no one's ever hit on me on this site. I suppose putting up a pofile pic of my fat cat's face might not be very sexy. Speaking of that, I'm still pondering @Diatonic12 's comment, about it being homey and pleasant here. That's probably being we're all boring old farts here, being middle aged and all that.

My daughter nearly baked me a carrot cake (assignment in school, but it was optional), however when she realised there's actual carrot in carrot cake, she bailed.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited October 2020
    Homey and pleasant are right up my alley. So shut up and kiss me 'cause you're gonna miss me when I'm gone -
    Brooks and Dunn. I worked with someone who would walk by me and whisper that into my ear. It was all in good fun. Would ya, could ya...maybe, maybe. I dunno, I really don't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkfttumVJVA

• LunaTheFatCat
    See, that's what I mean. Country music.... :s
  • forestfreek
    Please......no country music😫
    Unless it’s Johnny Cash 😍
  • LunaTheFatCat
    Ah yeah, Johnny's fine.
  • cgrout78
    @LunaTheFatCat What did she think was in carrot cake? And just hand me the cream cheese frosting and no one gets hurt
  • LunaTheFatCat
    Yes I wonder that myself @cgrout78 :D
  • forestfreek
    @LunaTheFatCat What did she think was in carrot cake? And just hand me the cream cheese frosting and no one gets hurt

🤣😂🤣
    Cream cheese frosting is pretty worthy of violence ❤️

• AliNouveau
    Good morning all - happy Friday eve! Slept completely through the night last night for the first time since I can remember so maybe I'll be good and switch from coffee to water earlier than I usually do:)

@AliNouveau - that sounds delicious. I don't think anyone around here offers meal kits. Are they like those mail order-all the ingredients and directions included you do the cooking meals?

@cgrout78 - good homemade mac and cheese is definitely one of those comfort foods that I'll splurge on!

@forestfreek - I'm glad I found this group for the same reasons you mentioned. Kinda prefer to keep my fitness and Tinder goals separate 😂 (JK!)

So this kit comes with steaks or ribs, I chose steaks. It's for two people so you get two twice baked potatoes which you just reheat in the oven, asparagus, bread, salad and cheesecake. I added another dessert that is their classic signature dessert and a bottle of wine. We always figure these restaurants are trying to might as well bulk up the bill. They give you step by step directions for everything. They even give a little container of oil and salt and pepper, a container of steak spice and salad dressing. I'll post a pic when I get it tomorrow. I really enjoy cooking but these kits are kind of fun. I got a grocery store one the other day
  • coffee_n_weights
    coffee_n_weights Posts: 115 Member
    oh my gosh - that all sounds delicious! I'd definitely go for those sometimes if they were offered here. Looking forward to your pics!