Why are the daily goal calories targets different between the site and the app?

Retroguy2000
Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,501 Member
On the site, my daily goals calories number is 210 higher than on the app. So when I use the site today, it looks like I've had a small calorie deficit for the day, but when I use the app it says I've gone over.

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    That's odd! I see a difference of 3 calories between what's left on the app and website!
    I see 2 of those calories more in my dinner tab, which has a high number of entries and consisted of a soup that I cooked, and then divided into 4 servings.
    And the final is to be found in the snacks, which also has lots of entries and something divided into servings.
    I guess this is a rounding error. Maybe both devices use decimals differently.

BUT: I also just noticed that I went to today in the app, and I saw the data from Saturday in there. It was, for some reason stuck there even though I'd not looked at Saturday at all today and had closed down the app sometimes around lunch time. Could it be something like that?
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,501 Member
    No, I mean the actual daily goals. Where it says Your Daily Goal, it says you should have X calories each day. That X is 210 calories lower for me on the app than on the site. On the site it says I should have 2,270 calories daily. On the app it says 2,060.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes, I had noticed that too. The website gives me 1530 cals per day, and the app gives me 1540. It's very odd. I use the website to log, so for me the app makes me look as if I have more calories left over than the website does. (Other way round to you.)