What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    @BarbaraHelen2013

Would you share your vegan chocolate 'yum' with us? Sure looks yum!

https://nadiashealthykitchen.com/2-ingredient-chocolate-fudge/

That’s the recipe I used with a few tweaks to suit myself. I used a Dark Roasted Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter (Whole Earth brand) and a high cocoa solids chocolate (84%), added a scant tbsp of date syrup once the chocolate and peanut butter were melted. You may not need the sweetener if your chocolate isn’t as dark as mine was. It made 48 pieces, when set in some silicone chocolate bar moulds.

I made the fudge and it was very good. I added a little coconut. Thanks for the recipe.
    PS: I microwaved all the ingredients together.

Glad you enjoyed it!

I’ve just gone to get a piece from the box in the fridge. I’ve been rationing it out to myself - one piece every 2-3 days with a particularly deserved cup of coffee...the box is in the fridge, empty but for a few crumbs!

My husband was away on a cycling trip when I made it, and scorns and criticises because I choose to be vegetarian and if I ever mention vegan anything the scorn intensifies. Didn’t stop him scoffing around 40 pieces of vegan fudge! 😂😡

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    edited October 2020
    qp7xko8tlzk1.jpg
    Basmatic rice w radicchio (wilted), EVOO, salty ham (Speck sliced thin), white wine and black pepper.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    senalay788 wrote: »
    🍴 Broiled Copper River salmon, cremini & shitake shrooms, romanescu, haricot verts and peas. Finished with herbs de Provence, a pat of buerre bordier and fleur de sel on the crust. 🌿

db41qtod9ime.jpeg
    *kitten* me...... I would destroy that plate. Everything on it is right up my alley.

🤗 🤗 🤗 thanks!! Open invitation whenever in NYC or Rome! 😉
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    🍴 Broiled Copper River salmon, cremini & shitake shrooms, romanescu, haricot verts and peas. Finished with herbs de Provence, a pat of buerre bordier and fleur de sel on the crust. 🌿

db41qtod9ime.jpeg
    *kitten* me...... I would destroy that plate. Everything on it is right up my alley.

🤗 🤗 🤗 thanks!! Open invitation whenever in NYC or Rome! 😉

I'm coming too...
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    xl2ip12zn7ci.jpeg

Aubergine Curry (top), Tomato & Spinach Dhal, Asparagus and Baby Plum Tomatoes with a couple of microwaved poppadums (run under the cold tap rather than oil-sprayed - no calories added and it seems to make them puff better than just dry).
  • kcmcbee
    kcmcbee Posts: 177 Member
    edited October 2020
    Cauliflower crust veggie pizza.
    p2lzox8e7j8b.jpeg

• Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Trying out new spice blend, panch phoram. Excellent with the roasted squash. The kitchen smells soooooi good. The tepenade halibut wasn't bad either.

sthbbyoxhy9q.jpg

Sounds good. Did you make your own blend or buy it?
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Lunch was leftover Caribbean seafood boil from last night eaten cold.
    4uv5etorjo2a.jpeg
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    5sta5xo8jzci.jpeg

a0hozfe113z8.jpeg

Made Asian slaw and baked chicken for dinner last night; absolutely delicious and left me with so many calories that I had a literal plate of dessert ;)
  • Emmma1975
    Emmma1975 Posts: 6 Member
    Great Thread!

Here is my Korean sweet and sour Tofu.

9hxrw9t9d5xq.jpg

I got the recipe here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJooANabXpE&t=438s&ab_channel=Maangchi

• acpgee
    Starter of peking duck breast because we had one lonely, tiny duck breast languishing in the freezer. Main was vegan mongolian beef made with seitan and stir fried choi sam. Rice.
    ffqtwud48ddx.jpeg
    dcya0t47q2to.jpeg

• acpgee
    xl2ip12zn7ci.jpeg

Aubergine Curry (top), Tomato & Spinach Dhal, Asparagus and Baby Plum Tomatoes with a couple of microwaved poppadums (run under the cold tap rather than oil-sprayed - no calories added and it seems to make them puff better than just dry).

I don't have problems puffing up poppadums in the microwave dry, but Asian prawn crackers burn quite easily. Will try the tip of running under cold water before microwaving.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    acpgee wrote: »
    xl2ip12zn7ci.jpeg

I don't have problems puffing up poppadums in the microwave dry, but Asian prawn crackers burn quite easily. Will try the tip of running under cold water before microwaving.

Prawn Crackers - I can only get them ‘raw’ from an Asian Supermarket 20+ miles away these days (a place I have to psych myself up to drive to because it’s a very very sharp, sudden, narrow gated turn off a 60mph stretch of the A1 north of me) but when I do cook them myself, I put a mug of water in the microwave for a couple of minutes so it gets steamy inside and then pop the crackers in with the steaming water. The steam puffs them up better than simply microwaving dry.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    Just re-read that and want to clarify!

I don’t put them ‘in’ the water, but alongside the steaming mug of water.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    edited October 2020
    Pasta w white beans.hf1rzu7uenyz.jpg
    White beans, EVOO, laurel leaf, black pepper, tritato (finely chopped carrot, onion, celery, parsley), and rosemary.
  • acpgee
    Primo of linguine cacio e pepe. It started to split a little because i didn't cool the pasta enough before stirring into the cheese and starchy pasta water suspension. Secondo of tagliata di manzo made with retired dairy cow sirloin.
    634tkynan48f.jpeg
    udkabip8as8z.jpeg

• Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Jelaan wrote: »
    Trying out new spice blend, panch phoram. Excellent with the roasted squash. The kitchen smells soooooi good. The tepenade halibut wasn't bad either.

sthbbyoxhy9q.jpg

Sounds good. Did you make your own blend or buy it?

Life is too short to be making your own spices, when you can get quality already made. This about it, one bottle VS 5 bottles / bags of stuff that will sit in your pantry for months until you need to make another blend. I always buy ready made blends of spices I like using.

I was just wondering because I live the next town west of you and i haven't come across this yet. I will keep looking. I may have to start a second spice cupboard soon lol.