1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh in
    Week 3
    pw: 160
    cw: 159.6
    LTD: ~20~

Whoa! Two milestones:One weigh-in. That must feel good, Patsy.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Hey WNM tribe, I have been taking a break since Monday and missed 40 posts! It was my birthday on Tuesday and my gift to myself has been to take a big pause on a lot of things to rest my mind and spirit. So I have not been planning, logging, tracking, weighing, measuring, etc. I have pretty much been on track with food except for some bday pizza & a cupcake. I will catch up soon and get back to some regular posting on Sunday. Sorry for being absent! @1theresamcvean and @minstrelofsarcasm - I would like to be excused from my weigh in this week.

See you all soon!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Check in for Wednesday
    Food-ok, didn't log,no snacking but ate too late and too many carbs
    Water-64
    Exercise-PT

I had a normal(activity) day with my knee yesterday. I cleaned and did my fall/halloween decorations. Very late this year with all that was going on. I am also so far behind with my fall cleaning. I am hoping to finish up the bedrooms today and start downstairs next week. Mary Kate did the wood work in the bedrooms because of my knee so I am hoping it won't be too bad. Tomorrow I will be heading to the shore after my hair cut. My weight is up, I am hoping from the steroids so I really have to watch my eating down there. I am going to bring stuff for lunch with me and I will order the healthiest stuff on the menu when I am out to dinner. I also will stick to my 3 drink rule-before, during and after dinner. It seems with the restrictions, the after doesn't really happen anymore so even better. That is all for now. Hope everyone has a great day! Thank you all for being so motivating and supportive all of the time. xo

@kandi3570 Lol! No worries! I get confused myself! I think you and mainebeach bum were doing patios at the same time so I was getting you two confused. Haha! Are you done btw? I have been reading too, I wish I was coordinated enough to read and walk on the treadmill at the same time!
    @melaniedscott Well, you certainly know what you are talking about Lol! Now I am going to look for some daylilies to plant as they sound like something I would be able to take care of.
    @kirsten11872 Sounds like you are back on track. Hope you got to the gym, you won't know how you will do with the mask unless you give it a try. My daughter got used to it but didn't like it when she first went back. I know you really kick butt at the gym so I hope it works out. Good luck!
    @tryingagain5 Hope you are feeling better and are having a good week.
    @1theresamcvean Lol! I didn't think of it but yes that must be a US thing. There are so many different things people call the virus now and Rona is one!
    @KUMEcyclingteam You are so funny! Lol! Sometimes you can do a lap around the strip club before you go in to get extra steps too ;) Seriously, I am glad that you are finding your fitness tracker so motivating! I started with a fitbit in 2012 and now have an apple watch(gift). I still find having a tracker motivating all these years later. Love the little cartoon too!
    @goingape I love those Leslie Sansone walking videos. I was reluctant to try them at first but they are a good way to get exercise in. If you look back a page or two, Kandi gave me some other walking videos that she likes. Good luck. It was so humid and hot here yesterday that I had to put the air on for a little bit to get the humidity out of the house.
    @debbiewsharpe It sounds like the cases are going up everywhere but some places are worse than others. Good luck with the surgery. When I was a med/surg nurse we would have the post op cataract patients. There were a lot of eyedrops Lol! Most people who have had that surgery can't get over how clear everything is and colorful. I am interested to see how your vision is after having one done. I think “Old Age Arthur biting.” is at my knee too Lol! Hope you hip is better after a little rest. Keep me posted for the sign ups. I want to get back into Sole Mates but will probably have to drop my steps.
    @minstrelofsarcasm I got distracted-I told you I was going to get my water on the main page and never did! Lol! Ok, just did and I am back. I am at 16 oz now. I used to do those Jane Fonda videos when I was in college Lol! That is how old I am :D I wish I could be so structured? (not sure if that is the word I mean) with my thoughts on my progress. I am on a roller coaster with my thoughts too Lol! I would take you up on the cookies if they could be closer to Thanksgiving(or I would eat them all). I would reimburse for everything, shipping and supplies. Do you have venmo or paypal? No worries if that is later than you were planning.
    @Cafelelia Happy Birthday!! Enjoy your pause and reset, we all need that every once in a while. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    @Cafelelia - You got it! Happy Belated Birthday!!!

@sleepymom5 - It always takes me a while to type everything I want to say. And then I add things, and remove things, and forget to finish typing out thoughts... it's more chaotic than you think, I promise.

As for the cookies, I could most definitely send them to arrive around Thanksgiving! Once I get to actually baking and planning out when I'm going to get which batches done, I'll send you a message.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,971 Member
    I think my scale is off, or it was... my weight keeps going up and I'm getting really frustrated!
    I'm at almost a 10lb increase from 2 weeks ago! Something's wrong.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    GingerPwr wrote: »
    I think my scale is off, or it was... my weight keeps going up and I'm getting really frustrated!
    I'm at almost a 10lb increase from 2 weeks ago! Something's wrong.

Sodium? I had Chinese Monday and my weight jumped 3 lbs overnight. We were exhausted Tues and did a take and bake pizza. Wends I was up a total of 6 lbs. In 2 days! I've dropped 3 and am hoping the rest go away today and I'm back to semi-normal tomorrow...
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Ljdanny
    Week 3
    Thursday
    Pw 187.8
    Cw 187.8
  • ljdanny
    @1theresamcvean that woman you posted walking is exactly how I felt and that's the brace I thought they were going to give me,lol. So sorry for the loss of the puppy.

@Cafelelia happy birthday

@sleepymom5 hope your knee is feeling better.

Went to the doctor today, they said I can take off my neck brace and start walking. I can't wait to go for a walk. One of my zumba teachers just messaged me and said Tuesday will be her last night of class, so I will be missing it. So now I am down to just Sunday. Hopefully someone else will teach zumba at night. I can go back to work in 2 weeks , she was trying for December, I said no way. I was surprised at my weight this week with no exercise and it being Tom. But I will take it, i don't want to see 190 again if i can help it.
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Hi all, I had a couple days of cleaning here - yesterday I deep cleaned the bathrooms and today I oil soaped the oak kitchen cupboards. Tweaked my hip a bit. Hoping tomorrow it’s moving better and I can go for c25k week 8, day 3. It’s snowing a tiny bit right now but I think it might not stick. Tomorrow’s project will be my scrapbook area - major organization is needed.

Meals have been okay. I changed my recipe for my overnight oats. I started out doing a full scoop of protein powder. Didn’t care for the taste so I halved the powder and it’s more palatable. I was trying the pb2 instead of real peanut butter. And I think I’d rather have the real thing. Although if I’m having a higher calorie day then I would probably swap it.

I wrote an exam today for a new position at work. If I make it through to the next round I believe it will be the interview stage. I think the test went okay. Time will tell.

@Cafelelia happy belated birthday !

@ljdanny. Glad your doc gave the go ahead for walking. It’s such good exercise.

@sleepymom5. Thanks for the suggestion!!
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 424 Member
    It looks like this is the week for unusual weight ups and downs. I have gone by 3 pounds, down by 1 then up again. I have no idea why. I will just keep focused and continue to do my best.

@pacsnc6 – congrats on the loss

@Cafelelia - with this active group you can break for 1 day and get behind but the good thing is that all of understand and remain here for each other. Happy Birthday! Happy that you were able to celebrate it.

@sleepumon5 – I just posted Sole mates sign up page, good to have you back. Enjoy your weekend!

@GingerPwr – the exact same thing is happening to me. I am just trying to keep my cool and continue doing what I know how to do. It should even out for us if we hang in there.

@Ljdanny – steady is good! Happy that you can start walking.

@goingape – I think this is the time of year that we get into cleaning mode. I have plans for the outside utility room next. Waiting for a cooler day. It has been in the 80’s here all week.

To all of us: KEEP ON KEEPING ON…………………………………
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    edited October 2020
    melaniedscott
    week 3 or 4... late checkin...
    PW: 211.4
    CW: 210.6
    Melanie's research on sodium:
    On Monday, I ate 1/3 of the Chinese I ordered but had an egg roll and a bbq chicken stick, too. Wed I ate another 1/3. Thurs, the last. I think there is a message here...egg roll and chicken ona stick are right out.

I still have one of each in the fridge. hmmm. I also have leftover take and bake pizza. should probably avoid both...

I'm a bit discombobulated...could swear this was week 3 but my last weigh in said week 3. Is it groundhog week? What week is it, anyway? It has been been an aggravating week...a lot of my job is data quality and in October, schools sign off on the previous year's numbers and call and complain about errors. Errors they made three years ago which cannot be corrected. And I spend a lot of time evaluating data. So frustrating. We hound about data quality in every training and I see so much bad data. It hurts me to see such bad data. Of course...they don't call when their data looks good...so I don't usually see the goog stuff they do. As I do support stuff, I do tiny data quality training, too: You asked X. This is what I did to find the answer. You can do that, too. And look! There are reports you can look at to see where you'll have problems in the future! This is what these reports tell you and you can fix it...but only for the current year. Sigh. One more week...
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    10/22 steps 11950
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Check in for Thursday
    Food-good, didn't log but sure I was under
    Water-way over 64oz
    Exercise-PT and cleaning

I might have pushed it a little with the cleaning yesterday and my knee was feeling it last night. I didn't sleep well at all. I am planning to rest for the next few days so I am hoping that will make up for yesterday. Today-busy morning, a hair appointment and then to the shore!

@minstrelofsarcasm Hooray! Thank you! Don't feel obligated if things change.
    @ljdanny I am glad that you don't need the neck brace and can walk now. How are you feeling overall? I bet you are down even more if it is TOM. I think you are distancing yourself from the 190s, no looking back!!
    @goingape Sounds like you and I are in fall cleaning mode! I feel the same about the pb2, I would rather have the real things but if you need to cut back on fat or cals it does give the flavor. Good luck with the job application process-hope you get the interview!
    @debbiewsharpe Weight fluctuations can be for a number of reasons. Good idea to just to stay focused and keep doing what you are doing.
    @melaniedscott Nice loss! Even with the sodium but now I want Chinese food! Lol! I like that you made over 3 meals from it though. Work sounds frustrating! Hope this last week of October goes smoother.
    @lenka1 Nice loss!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    Hey WNM tribe, I have been taking a break since Monday and missed 40 posts! It was my birthday on Tuesday and my gift to myself has been to take a big pause on a lot of things to rest my mind and spirit. So I have not been planning, logging, tracking, weighing, measuring, etc. I have pretty much been on track with food except for some bday pizza & a cupcake. I will catch up soon and get back to some regular posting on Sunday. Sorry for being absent! @1theresamcvean and @minstrelofsarcasm - I would like to be excused from my weigh in this week.

See you all soon!

Happy Birthday week, Lisa! Enjoy the beautiful weather today :blush:
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 132.0
    Today's weight: 132.0
    Weekly Steps: 73,263

I kept steady this week so I can’t complain!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Happy belated birthday @Cafelelia. Good for you for giving yourself a present of less stress! We all need to do that occasionally! Hope it was a great one and that you have many more 🎂🎊🎉
  • ljdanny
    @sleepymom5 I feel pretty good. I am just sore an feel like I have a rock in my throat but way better than I did before surgery.

I was up early today because my son went in for surgery on his elbow, this is his 7th surgery in 2 years. All from the car accident he was in 2 years ago. I am just waiting for him to come home which should be soon. So I went for a walk today, only 30 minutes but it felt great and I was so excited to be doing something. I then went over to work to bring my doctors note so they know my return date and know I have some restrictions. My boss laughed at some of the restrictions, like taking a little break every hour to stretch. I can do that whenever I want, I sometimes tend to wander, lol. It felt good to drive to. My husband didn't think I should, I thought he will never know but I forgot my house has video cameras and when I set the alarm he gets an alert. So I got busted. He laughed that I thought I was so sneaky.
This discussion has been closed.