is there a too much food?

is there anyone out there with what seems to be an endless hunger? Lately I’ve been a on non stop consumption binge and wondering if there is any adverse effects to my overall goal of gaining. I’m currently sitting at 133lbs @ a height of 5’9. Today alone I’ve consumed what I feel is a great amount of food and still feeling hungry without any discomfort whatsoever in terms of feeling full or satisfied. I’m not eating entire trash foods and feel at some point i might be just wasting time in eating. I have a few more hours before I call it a night and anticipate eating more but already I’ve clocked in over 4,000 calories and my body weight in proteins.

I’m not to knowledgeable on nutrition and seeking some feedback.

Today’s diet consisted of in full

4 bagels
A lb of bacon
1/2 cream cheese
1/2 cup raw almonds
2 cups ice cream
4 eggo waffles
A teriyaki chicken & kale wrap
A protein bar
A few cups of whole milk
2 cups of frozen blueberries
2 slices toast with some jam

Replies

• elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    i would imagine that you need to be careful re saturated fats and sugars. also if you dirty bulk then you can expect more fat gain than a more gradual approach
  • thisskinnydog
    thisskinnydog Posts: 6 Member
    elfin168 wrote: »
    i would imagine that you need to be careful re saturated fats and sugars. also if you dirty bulk then you can expect more fat gain than a more gradual approach

Thank you for the response
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    elfin168 wrote: »

Yep lots of saturated fat and simple carbs. Pretty low on lean proteins and other than kale used in the wrap no vegetables.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    I have hunger like this. Never full. The only time I feel full is if I have eaten gluten and then I get bloated, uncomfortable full. I have to track calories or I way over eat very easily. I wish I could actually feel full.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Sometimes if I have been bulking a while my hunger momentum catches up and start to feel hungry despite eating 3000+ calories. This works to my benefit otherwise I would never get the calories in.

I am assuming you are trying to gain, is 4K your bulking intake? How much protein are you eating? What about the rest of your macros? Maybe try playing around with protein, fibre, food volume if you are still feeling unsatisfied on that amount.
  • thisskinnydog
    sardelsa wrote: »

I am assuming you are trying to gain, is 4K your bulking intake? How much protein are you eating? What about the rest of your macros?

Yes 4K is my intended intake, tho I’m not sure even how to gauge a good target to start off with tbh. As for my protein I’ve been trying to hit my body weight in grams as I was told somewhere that because of hyperthyroidism that I have that the range of my weight in grams is where I should be. As far as the rest of my macros I am a loss and haven’t even thought much of them. Ring completely new to all this the last time I went food shopping I just kind of grabbed what I thought might help and been going with it.

The more I try to educate myself the more daunting it seems or is seemingly confusing. I appreciate the feedback so thank you
  • thisskinnydog
    What about the rest of your macros?

iqtxyr0febua.png
    zqa6zekclucd.png

• mcouey84
    mcouey84 Posts: 31 Member
    Based on your weight and height, I would think more background info is necessary in order to answer how you can better satisfy your hunger...

Are you exercising? Tracking calories burned? Are you active otherwise throughout your day?

Being someone who gains easily (not lean weight), I have to tailor my intake around my activity. In my case, when I've been gaining on purpose, fresh foods like; lean meats, sweet potatoes, broccoli, egg whites, peanut butter and wheat toast would be the only solids I ate. Protein or gainer shakes with skim milk only were in between, filler meals. 8 pounds of food a day got old (& expensive) but eating so many dense foods never left me craving.

If you're serious about gaining weight, it's may be worth seeking out a local nutritionist. That way you've got a professional that can hold you (& likewise you, them) accountable. They can measure results and provide coaching to help you achieve your goals. Or, because you mentioned your thyroid...maybe your doctor can advise you.

Good luck to you :)

• alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Sometimes if I have been bulking a while my hunger momentum catches up and start to feel hungry despite eating 3000+ calories. This works to my benefit otherwise I would never get the calories in.

I am assuming you are trying to gain, is 4K your bulking intake? How much protein are you eating? What about the rest of your macros? Maybe try playing around with protein, fibre, food volume if you are still feeling unsatisfied on that amount.

And here I was thinking that the 2-3 inches that separate our height (I am 5'3'') does not make much of a difference but wow 3000 calories! I cannot imagine!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    OP those photos you posted are a bit confusing because one is a total macro intake for 3 days and the other is the amount consumed that day, not your actual macro goals.
    In any case I would aim for 1g per lb bodyweight/lean body mass of protein, fats 0.4g per lb bodyweight and fill the rest with carbs. Those are minimums so you can play around with the numbers to suit you (for example I like to stay at 0.6g fats per lb minimum I feel like my hormones and hunger works well)

• QEberhardt
    QEberhardt Posts: 10 Member
    Eat more fiber my guy