Women 200lb+, Let's Be Fang-tastic This October!!!

Replies

• KMC55
    KMC55 Posts: 100 Member
    @torih941 I could have written that exact same post. Know you are not alone and there is help. You can do this.
  • KMC55
    Starting to think ahead for the weekend and getting a little nervous. I seem to go off the rails on weekends and gain 2+ lbs to then have to start the week making up for the weekend. Does anyone else have this problem? What are your tips and tricks? I know planning is suppose to help but how do you plan when you have a spontaneous husband who is food picky?
  • remedieigotcha
    remedieigotcha Posts: 51 Member
    @torih941 Sending u love & positive vibes. But ur awesome for recognizing ur not exactly there yet with the self control. Maybe have only good/healthy snacks at home until ur more in control or able to eliminate/reduce those stress factors? Is there any way to eliminate/reduce these stressors? Do u have to just say no to what ppl ask? Just some ideas that might help get u fully back on the wagon. Hope everything calms down soon ❤

@JAC581 Hello! Good progress, ur doing great! 👏🏽👍🏾

@xofarrah Hi! Wow what an amazing week for u! 👏🏽👍🏾

@Heatherbluebell Hello! Aw Hun that is a lot to have to deal with, but yes sometimes things will happen for us that is a blessing in disguise and ur awesome to have made the decision to be proactive in moving forward!

@HLeticia7 Hi Leticia! U got this 👍🏾💪🏾

@Tarzan37 portion control is very important, so good job with that. Happy 20! 👏🏽👍🏾

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Glad to read ur meal plans are helping.. Yay for the nsv! I had a similar nsv today 😁👍🏾

@KMC55 Hi Kristi! Yeess, 🎶U can get it if u really want it🎶😉.. Awesome job at acknowledging ur challenge and knowing u can get in some exercise to do something about it.. I suggest having a separate meal plan from ur husband's if he doesn't eat what you eat. Hopefully he'll slowly transition to ur healthier eating style later

Scale victory: another 2lbs gone (not as much as i wanted this week but I'll take it), for a total of 22.4lbs gone! 😁

NSV: i haven't been able to even get these shorts past my thighs, let alone button them up, for a while, but now i can! I still have about 10lbs before they're totally comfy but again I'll take it! 😁💪🏾👍🏾 #GettingThere

5'9"
    SW: 270lbs
    CW: 247.6lbs
    UGW: 180-190lbs

10/02: 254.4lbs
    10/11: 249.6lbs
    10/18: 247.6lbs
    10/25:
  • torih941
    torih941 Posts: 207 Member
    @KMC55, you are definitely right, just have to keep going! We got this.

@orangequilt, yes, that is exactly what I do, thanks for the kind words.

@KeriA, yes, very overwhelming, but still trying to keep going. I know I can do it, I just have to get my mind focused. Thanks for the encouraging words!

@remedieigotcha, thanks for the kind words. I am going to get some healthier snacks in the house and focus on incorporating those into my diet versus the unfilling sweets. Also, great loss!
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    edited October 2020

“Binge eating is a food addiction just as much as binge drinking is an alcohol addiction.”

@alexandra_ ......That’s me and black licorice. I can’t have it in the house and it is really really hard to walk by in the store. 3 pieces is 130 cals. Let’s be honest, with a bag of licorice......that’s probably immediately weight gain of .5 a pound. I imagine ex smokers crave like this too.
  • KMC55 wrote: »
    Last night was not a good night. Too many snacks after work and reflected in the scale this morning. Feeling disappointed, but trying to channel it for motivation and remember that it isnt about the day to day scale changes it is the weekly and overall changes.

When I've done that I try to not beat myself up, but identify, what led me to the snacking? Do I maybe need a little more fat in my dinner for satiety? Do I do better if I plan an emotionally satisfying snack that is the End Of The Day? Do I just need to go to bed earlier? And if I do, why didn't I last night? And then I can make the appropriate changes in my behavior so that I do what I really want to do.

I learned that after dinner I really do have to do the blasted dishes immediately because otherwise I'll sit down and by the time the "pick up the house for tomorrow and set up the coffee pot" alarm goes off, I won't wanna, I'll be too tired, and doing it then often pushes my bedtime too late and I wind up snacking too much.

• dprus2
    dprus2 Posts: 9 Member
    edited October 2020

No loss this week, which is disappointing, but I reminded myself this morning that it's not a race and to just keep trying. Really need to incorporate some exercise into my routine. It's been a goal all month, but haven't been successful. Just keep trying!

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    @torih941 Sending hugs and love your way! There's nothing worse than feeling overwhelmed and anxious! The next meal will be the one that gets you back 'on the wagon' and all the little decisions you are making now will help you move forward. Self-sabotage is what I am used to, so I understand how you are feeling, however you are here online recognizing where you have been and know what to do to get back on track. Well done xoxo
  • micwrites
    micwrites Posts: 120 Member
    I am fifty pounds down! This morning I weighed 246. That's really exciting. I'd LOVE to be 75 pounds down by Christmas, but I don't think that's going to happen with the pace I'm setting. It's not a bad pace; I've lost this 50 pounds in 10 months, and that's five pounds a month. I'm not really deprived, and I eat the things I like, and while I could probably tighten down a bit and exercise more to get it up to 10 pounds a month, I'm busy with the family's mental health, and am preferring to err on the side of comfort.

So in 10 months I've lost 50 pounds, 5 sizes in jeans, and 10 inches off my waist, 10 off my bust, and 8 off my hips.

I am inspired and sending high fives!! Five pounds a month is great. Especially if you have stuff going on. You have every right to be proud!!!! 👊🏻
  • KMC55
    Lately I've been trying to figure out different ways/recipes for veggie sides. What does everyone have?...and go...