100lb down in a year. Now the challenge is to keep it off.

Replies

• wcaldwelld
    wcaldwelld Posts: 101 Member
    Great Job!!!
  • fitnessdesires
    fitnessdesires Posts: 1 Member
    Fantastic Job, Thank you for sharing your story.
  • Congrats. You did an amazing job.
  • klb1082
    klb1082 Posts: 2 Member
    Great job! Obviously everything changed, but your face! You look younger and, of course, happier! Well done!
  • tinaslim
    tinaslim Posts: 48 Member
    Thank you so much for your "share" and for listing the steps as clearly as you have. We always need that extra so ...thank you again. You look amazing...well done!!!
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Well done! Although you were nice before as well. Health is foremost. I appreciate your methods list.
  • Nycgirl1979
    Nycgirl1979 Posts: 15 Member
    Congratulations!
  • SSDirk
    SSDirk Posts: 10 Member
    This is what I'm talking about - I started my weight loss journey @ 436lbs so this time next year if I can be down to 336lbs...wow...thanks for this encouraging and inspirational testimony and tips Sir.
  • urban287
    urban287 Posts: 50 Member
    Great job!
  • sandysaia
    sandysaia Posts: 25 Member
    Congratulations on losing weight.Looking good.helpful tips as well. Please tell me what you eat on a regular day?I weigh 324 and we really don’t cook that much. Please tell me if you cut out pizza bagels and pasta or you still eat everything in moderation?Just smaller portions?Also what is your calorie count for the day?Very inspired by your success
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited November 2020
    Just dropped in to say Congratulations all over again UP in here. Don't let anyone ever dull your sparkle. ;)
    @LesField
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited November 2020
    You're a very beautiful and handsome couple. <3<3 I can see why you were so motivated but there's something more going on here. You two shine with inner shine.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    What a pair! An amazing transformation, both of you!
  • Joyfulandactive
    Joyfulandactive Posts: 111 Member
    LesField wrote: »
    Thanks for all the positive comments.
    I'd thought I'd post a photo of my wife who has lost 140lb over the last two years. She's been my inspiration for the loss.

vwy9qmn9jycz.jpg

Fantastic! You both look incredible and most important of all, healthy! Do you exercise together? How has life changed for you as a couple since your lifestyle change? What was it about your wife's transformation that inspired you? Did you realise if you stick at small changes they all add up?

Thanks for sharing! You are both truly inspirational ❤
  • NGeesaman20
    NGeesaman20 Posts: 48 Member
    Congrats you look amazing. A true inspiration. I had my surgery on 7/1/20. I had RNY and Im down 100lbs. Now the goal is to keep going and loose 54 more and keep it off. My husband bought me a fitbit to help keep me motivated.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    I lost 130 pounds and some of your tips are good, some are good for many people, and some were good for YOU (and its always the trick to find what works for you).

Cut down on your portion sizes. - I use a side plate.

agree especially for people who like their plate to look full. But I got fat eating my dinners off side plates so.... yanno. whatever LOL ;)

Use a small fork or teaspoon and slow down. Lay your cutlery down between mouthfuls. It should take 20min to eat you dinner.

eating slower helps you to recognize when you are actually full and not just shoveling food in your mouth because its in front of you. I don't think size makes a difference, but if it worked for you, that's great. If I put my utensil down I run the risk of a dog grabbing it and running off with it, so I shall hold onto it LOL

Stop drinking anything fizzy. - fizzy drinks expand you stomach and then you eat more to fill the extra space.

nope. well, maybe for some. I try not to speak in absolutes. but I drink diet coke from when I put my coffee down in the morning to when I go to bed. Still lost 130 pounds.

Don’t drink whilst eating. If you feel like you need a drink, its because your belly is full and needs to be flushed by fluid to fit more in - don’t do it. When you finish eating wait 5min before having a drink.

I have NEVER heard this and might call BS on it. Id never get through a meal without a drink.

Keep to food thats less than 3% fat and 5% sugar.

nope. its all about CICO. i eat desert every night. usually oreos. someones 2. sometimes 8. I'm having apple pie tonight.

Exercise. I try to do a 30min mountain bike ride up and down some steep hills where I live 3 times a week.

You do not need to exercise to lose weight BUT it can help give you some extra calories to eat and if has NUMEROUS health benefits.

• Er1017
    Er1017 Posts: 9 Member
    Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!