What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    It was a day of missed opportunities, kind of. Supposed to row, but my double partner bailed (didn't like the weather). I contemplated riding my bike to a distanced picnic lunch, but it was kind of damp, windy and miserable, so I bailed on that because *I* didn't like the weather. Afternoon was nicer weather, but I spent it at the farmers market and then follow-up at home getting everything put away, but which point darkness arrived.

So, once again:

Rowing machine, 4 x (2K on, 2' off/CD) for a total of 8818m. Kept the same boundary conditions, mostly, but let spm come up a little so RPE came down a little, keeping close to same split/watts, to see what happened to heart rate and subjective factors. I've been feeling fatigue-y, so experimenting with variations.
  • B_Plus_Effort
    B_Plus_Effort Posts: 311 Member
    I decided to mix i up a little today and swim, lol

herqa5ldsjlg.jpg
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Treadmill (it is freezing outside)!!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Another day doing LateralX and AD Pro Bike. Weather is dramatically breaking though. I think we've swam our last time this year as mornings are getting into the 50s and afternoons in the 70s. I should be back on the rower on the outside deck as early as this weekend and all of next week hopefully.

Not ready for anything over 30 minutes probably right now. I'll have to build back to an hour on the rower if the back even holds up for that. We'll see. Playing it by ear this year and not forcing things.
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    Morning session of Team Body Project's "Triple Pump", then their "Swinging Sixties". Momma joined me for the latter (:
    Then I crunched in another simple one-mile outdoor walk on my break between Zoom classes around noon.
    The weather was glorious, by the way -- it reached nearly 75°F, and the skies were painted blue with white cotton balls of clouds scattered throughout. After a few foggy mornings, Mr. Sun was not shy today!!
  • AnnPT77
    edited October 2020
    The usual stuff: 3 x (2k on, 2' off/CD) on the Concept 2 rower, 6735m total; followed by 45 minutes of dumbbell-itude.

ETA: Yeah, I know this is tediously repetitive to read, but I decided to start posting regularly on this thread after a hiatus as part of creating personal accountability for myself.
  • AnnPT77
    C2 row, 4 x (2k on, 2' off/CD), mod SS, 8874m total; plus some incidental side leg raises & ab wheel roll-outs, often done, rarely reported.
  • Southernfit87
    Southernfit87 Posts: 39 Member
    Pull day. Back,bis and a few sets of hanging leg raises
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    Shut up legs!

cca7iv4qfqti.png
    tn797wjlpakp.png
  • Emmy360
    Emmy360 Posts: 69 Member
    18mins upper body strength training.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Goblet squats 3x5
    Dumbbell romanian deadlift 3x8
    Leg press 2x10
    Leg curls 2x10
    Pulldowns 3x8
    Cable row 3x8
    Dumbbell bicep curls 3x8

15 minutes walking on treadmill.
  • B_Plus_Effort
    B_Plus_Effort Posts: 311 Member
    swam this morning and about to go swim again this evening
  • AnnPT77
    edited October 2020
    Rowed bow in the double again: Frost on the dock to start (slippery when carrying boats!), but a gorgeous, sunny, calm day, flat water, Fall color. We decided to row up through the bridge where we usually spin, so got in 10,185m vs. the usual 7k-ish.

I forgot to attach my chest belt transmitter today (🙄) and the wrist HRM is not good for rowing (loses contact). It thought my average HR was 69 and max 103 during the row, which I'm pretty darned sure is false. (Normal would be one-teens average and high in 130s or so, for pretty easy steady state, higher if we do power pieces.)

Later in the day, 49 minutes with the dumbbells. Rest day tomorrow.

ETA: Forgetting the transmitter wasn't my only morning stupidity today. I left my pogies on the counter at home, so risked wearing gloves for a while instead. OK, but really not optimal.
  • Indialove901
    Indialove901 Posts: 71 Member
    4 mile brisk walk this afternoon
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Yesterday was upper body. Today is LEGS! 10K steps a day at least. Gotta keep fat gains minimal on my bulk!
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    10 mile run!
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Anyone else plan hard for calves and abs and just never get to them?? Lol
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    I put slick tread on the CX bike. Was a bit sketchy in some sections but made some gains

1cb9vzwiwrwr.jpeg
    3f54ld3nrlk0.png
    x9gad9uecmj9.jpeg
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited October 2020
    Did one hour and 20 minutes yesterday easy Steady State cardio, including 10 minutes on the rower. Temps finally broke in a big way. We got (likely) our last day of swimming in yesterday. I should be able to row at lunch all this week if it isn't storming. We also have rain in the forecast, really exciting for AZ. We sit up on a mountain ridge and can see for 10 to 15 miles down into the valley. The lightening storms are pretty incredible. We hardly got any rain this year during our Monsoon season, so really looking forward to some rain.