Weight No More - October 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Today was an uneventful day at the hospital for labs and a keytruda infusion. I took a Hydroxyzine this morning hoping to decrease or eliminate the itching and rash. Will know by Sunday. Only two more at 3 weeks then I will go every six weeks and the next scan should be end of January! Hoping the time flies and with the holidays coming up I'm sure it will.
    Happy birthday to Lisa and anyone else born in October.
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Thursday’s steps 11930. Today I’m at 12140.
    It’s been nice outside here. The last few days of nice weather we will probably get. So I cleaned a lot yesterday after work. I cleaned out my car and scrubbed the seats while I still could. And cleaned the house. And I did the final mow for the season today. And cleaned up the yard.
    My calories were low yesterday 866. But I wasn’t hungry so I wasn’t force feeding myself more food. That tends to happen when I’m busy all day until I fall over. I’m low today but I will eat again. My latest kick is peanut butter and sliced apples before bed. I think I will do that again.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I'm several days behind again. Sure have missed a lot!

I know I need to start posting regularly again since I know that helps me. I've been tired because my body has decided it should be awake when it should be sleeping and sleeping when I should be awake. I fall asleep just fine but then wake up for some reason and then can't get back to sleep and then I pick up my phone and start mindlessly looking at things. Of course that wakes me more.😊 Time to stop doing that.

I haven't been doing well with eating or exercising. I think partly because of being tired so I'm making pretty poor choices.

I called the jury duty number tonight and the automated message said I do not have to report next week so now I don't have to worry about that anymore.

My knee is still an issue, will have to call next week to get something done about it.

Still don't know what's going on with the possibility of going to first shift. Boss was off last night so I won't be able to ask him until next week.

A really nice thing that happened we got our attendance bonus and a quarterly bonus and our regular/OT pay all today. I'd love to get a check like that more often! It was way more than I expected so it was a nice surprise! The quarterly bonus was 17%, they said the last time it was that high was 4 years ago. I plan on putting some of it away to save for things I'll need later, like a new furnace and new tires. Also plan on paying my dad extra for my car.
  • kos33
    kos33 Posts: 31 Member
    Kos33
    Pw- 166
    Cw- 167
    Back on track this week- not going to put a hard week into a new trend. Let’s go!
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Please move me to the cheer squad... I can’t seem to get motivated...
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 414 Member
    I went to the hospital yesterday for Covid testing, cataract surgery Tuesday. It was not what I had feared. They did not shove a stick up my nose as I had been warned. It was a swab of the back of my throat, like a strep throat test. Over in 2 seconds. They will call me Monday with a time to report Tuesday. Until Tuesday I am to stay away from others, go out only if it is absolutely necessary. I was happy to see everything yesterday was very safe and by the book.

@melaniescott – congrats on the weight loss! I can’t even keep up with what day it is. I have to look at my fitbit to see. Covid has us all spinning

@lenka1 – congratulations on the weight loss

@brown6267 – steady every day with the step totals, wtg

@sleepymom5 – be careful with the knee, you don’t want a setback

@lennoncpa – I agree, steady is a good week

@kianne50 – 4 pounds in one week, AWESOME! I hope that you and your son continue to heal and improve daily. Love the camera story. I have a friend selling her house, she always watches from her phone when someone is there. I am also loving the outside walks, fall is such a pretty time.

@minstrilofsarcasm - the cookies look fantastic, I think I could smell them through the computer.

@pacsnc6 – I sure hope the medication helps with the itching! I hope the weeks go by quickly for you and I think the holidays will be a good distraction for many of us.

@KUMEcyclingteam – good to see the scale move for you, awesome step totals!!!!

@tryingagain5 – great that jury duty is no longer a worry. Great news about the bonus. In our current situation it is good to hear that some companies are doing well. Hope you knee gets better!

@kos33 –Many of us are getting back on track, we can do this!!!!

zoodqk3yt90u.png
    KEEP ON KEEPING ON....................
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    10/23 steps 11991

Maintenance weight 133.6
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,453 Member
    Check in for Friday
    Food-not bad but didn't log
    Water-only 32oz-too many appointments and a long drive
    Exercise-PT

Thursday was my last day of prednisone and yesterday(and so far today) was not a good day with the knee. I am back to the old-rest, ice, elevate and advil. I do have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday for it so hopefully this will get me through. I am at the shore now so I am just going to relax and read. I rarely get to do that. We went to dinner last night, no wine at all and I ate half of my dinner. I could have eaten it all and would have a year ago. I still overate a little but it still is a little mindboggling how much I used to eat. I obviously am still eating too much or I wouldn't be this big but it is nice to see how much I have reined it in.

Time to get going...where I don't know but I promise myself I am not going to be cranky. Compared to what others go through, I really have nothing to complain about.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

@lennoncpa Maintaining is good! Hope all is well with you. For the record(I am sure your counting lol!) My son is 3/4 for the CPA exams. The last one is the hardest, not sure if that is how he should have worked it out but it is what it is.
    @kiane50 Awesome loss! You are doing great!!
    @ljdanny I am glad that you are seeing an improvement from before surgery, it makes it worth all the stuff you are going through now. Isn't it funny how we appreciate our independence once we have it taken away a bit. It was a treat to run over to work but it probably would have been a PIA at another time. Lol! Your poor son with another surgery. I know he is lucky to be alive but I feel bad that there are still lasting effects from that accident. I hope all went well for him too. Hugs to you all.
    @minstrelofsarcasm Oh YUM!! Finally Tesla working on something important Lol! Or maybe I should say something I could afford ;) How did they turn out?
    @pacsnc6 I agree, the time will fly. This time of the year always seems too. Hugs
    @kandi3570 Wow! Those are all things I need to do! I swear reading your posts make me tired with all the things you fit in Lol! And I am just sitting here with my coffeee! Awesome loss this week too!
    @KUMEcyclingteam Nice loss! Relieved you are in the woods hunting and not riding that bike! Lol!
    @tryingagain5 Reading your post reminded me how I just got to a point in Nursing that I just couldn't do night shift anymore. It is tough and it gets tougher the older we get. I hope you are able to switch shifts but if not, you need to start trying to think of a plan since what you used to do isn't working anymore. Idk if forcing yourself to stay up in the morning would work? Or going right to sleep? I also worked with a nurse who just worked Saturday and Sunday nights and would take a benedryl and swore by it. Hopefully there are things you can do that will make it more livable for you. I know that sleep effects everything so I am not surprised your exercise and eating are off. Remember if you are struggling, make small doable changes. Just do something little that you know you can do, maybe increase your water by a glass, maybe leave a bite or two behind on your plate, stuff like that. You don't have to be "all in" to be healthy. Sending hugs!
    @timibotkin Don't disappear! Hugs!
    @debbiewsharpe I was pleasantly surprised to know the Covid testing wasn't the pharyngel nasal swab! Looks like some things are improving! Lol!
    @Zumba_Luvah Great job this week! I think you were saying you were extra hungry last week too. Maybe you are working out more or maybe need some extra protein or fat in your diet? Might be worth taking a look at. You will be back where you were in no time!
    @brown6267 You have really been doing well in maintenance! I know that isn't the easiest so great job!
    @goingape Nice loss!! You got this!!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,059 Member
    @debbiewsharpe you are lucky with your covid test. When I had mine 2 weeks ago they shoved that stick up my nose right to my eye balls on both sides. I was crying. The same for my son the other day. Good luck with your surgery.

I just came back from my second walk this week. I went a little father today. My neck is a little sore today, I tried sleeping on my side, probably shouldn't have. I am going to try cleaning the house. My granddaughter went down for a nap finally. I was helping my son with her because of his surgery and his gf had to work. I thought my husband would be helping but he stayed out a little late last night with my other son and nieces. They went to a haunted house and then for drinks. The other adults were smart enough to go home after the haunted house but not him, he still thinks he's young.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,978 Member
    Check in

Food - okay. Didn't eat much today
    Water - not enough

Exercise - Also not enough

Just did a little house work today and finished a couple of crochet projects. Still confused and upset over weight gain - I'm getting to the point where I'm afraid to eat, which isn't good. I need to take control and plan out my meals.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Steps for the past week:

Sunday: 7076
    Monday: 13080
    Tuesday: 11780
    Wednesday: 10021
    Thursday: 11542
    Friday: 12138
    Saturday: 15532

Total: 81,169
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Goingape steps

October 18 - 285. (Forgot my Fitbit! 😆)
    October 19 - 11486
    October 20 - 7385
    October 21 - 12774
    October 22 - 6612
    October 23 - 11248
    October 24 - 11175
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 931 Member
    Hello all ~

It's just after midnight and for the first time I've been able to log on.

More tomorrow after I sleep and catch up.
    timibotkin wrote: »
    Please move me to the cheer squad... I can’t seem to get motivated...

Take good care, Timi. I've moved you to the cheer squad. Reach out by PM if I can help in any way. Hugs.
This discussion has been closed.