Non Scale Victories

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I do not have that much to post in here these days but since I have been soaking in oatmeal baths I have used our jacuzzi tub for the first time in ages. When we first moved in I tried to get a bigger one to replace it because it was uncomfortable for me. Now it is HUGE.

It just seem so impossible at times that anyone that huge could lose so much weight. It also seems impossible that if 80 percent of the fat weight we use leaves via our lungs then I exhaled over 200 pounds. How does over 200 pounds leave through your breath? The answer is a little at a time but that is just crazy to consider.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I do not have that much to post in here these days but since I have been soaking in oatmeal baths I have used our jacuzzi tub for the first time in ages. When we first moved in I tried to get a bigger one to replace it because it was uncomfortable for me. Now it is HUGE.

It just seem so impossible at times that anyone that huge could lose so much weight. It also seems impossible that if 80 percent of the fat weight we use leaves via our lungs then I exhaled over 200 pounds. How does over 200 pounds leave through your breath? The answer is a little at a time but that is just crazy to consider.

I hadn't heard that one.

Is that why I wake up with my oldest cat up in my face most mornings? He's smelling the fat I'm exhaling on my breath? lol

My waist is smaller than either my bust or my hips! Not by much, but it is!

That's a great NSV!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    alisampm wrote: »
    Possibly a TMI NSV - a regular sized towel wrapped and covered all my bits today after my shower! 🚿🧼

Yesss I love that feeling! The first time I realized that, I spent a totally unnecessary 20 minutes walking around the house in my towel. Just because I could.

I had to run an errand out in the rain yesterday. I had recently donated my old rain jacket, so I grabbed my husband's without even thinking. It wasn't until I had my arms in and started to zip it up did I think "crap, I wonder if this will even fit." A little snug at the hips, but it zippped up and fit fine otherwise! I'm not used to being able to share clothes like this!
  • eliezalot
    Yesterday I got in the car and realized the steering wheel did not hit my stomach!!

Congrats! That makes such a world of difference for comfort! I rarely drive, so last time I got in my car I realized I couldn't reach the pedals, and had to move my seat up. Apparently my rear-end padding had been pushing me closer to them lol!
  • eliezalot
    A shopping NSV! Back in early July, Athleta was having a sale, and I bought a pair of heavy, fleece-lined running tights on super clearance (I think about 70% off). They were also backordered until October, so I had to guess at what size I'd be then (now). They arrived yesterday, just in time for some chilly weather, and they fit great! So thick and warm, and decent sized pockets. Now I didn't run this morning because it was cold, super windy, and the cat was extra cuddly, but maybe I'll get to try them out this afternoon.
  • bmeadows380
    gewel321 wrote: »
    My husband and son are both avid skiers and every year I am forced to go North for the after Christmas ski vacation (I only do this one not the one in February). In order for me to survive this horribly cold trip I have accumulated a mass quantity of snow gear (Boot, Insulated snow pants, Insulated Long Snow Jacket, Wool socks, Thick Gloves with pockets for my hot hands, ect). Every year I have to try all these clothes on to determine what needs to be reordered. Last year my ski pants fit with my 3 layers of clothes under them but they were tight. I wouldn't be running around much in them. This year I put them on and they wouldn't' stay up. I went from a 2XL to a L.

I can't look in the mirror and see the amount of weight I lost but this is a huge difference that I could see. I also had my lowest weight this morning so woo hoo for that too!

And just think of the fun buying new clothes will be! :) Congratulations!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    And sitting in the lodge drinking a coffee in front of a fireplace and looking posh!
  • rieraclaelin
    rieraclaelin Posts: 115 Member
    I'm choosing to count this as a NSV, but... Back in June, my a1c for my diabetes was 7.2, which my doctor told me was considered "uncontrolled diabetes", and if I didn't get it managed I might have to go on insulin (I'm just on metformin now, a pill, twice a day).

She wanted to have it retested since I've lost so much weight and have changed what and how I eat, so, I got that all done yesterday.

Today, my results came back, andy a1c is now 5.9! I am so close to the normal range now, which is 5.6 and lower.

I was so excited and happy that I almost started crying!

Now I just have to wait for my doctor to call me so we can discuss changes to medications.

Also... I am officially comfortably in a size smaller pants, and I was able to put on one of my husband's hoodies (he wears anywhere from an XLT to a 2x depending on the brand) and zip it up!
  • bmeadows380
    I'm choosing to count this as a NSV, but... Back in June, my a1c for my diabetes was 7.2, which my doctor told me was considered "uncontrolled diabetes", and if I didn't get it managed I might have to go on insulin (I'm just on metformin now, a pill, twice a day).

She wanted to have it retested since I've lost so much weight and have changed what and how I eat, so, I got that all done yesterday.

Today, my results came back, andy a1c is now 5.9! I am so close to the normal range now, which is 5.6 and lower.

I was so excited and happy that I almost started crying!

Now I just have to wait for my doctor to call me so we can discuss changes to medications.

Also... I am officially comfortably in a size smaller pants, and I was able to put on one of my husband's hoodies (he wears anywhere from an XLT to a 2x depending on the brand) and zip it up!

@rieraclaelin

That's fantastic news! A good reason to cry happy tears :) (and the pants things is wonderful too lol)
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    @bmeadows380 While buying clothes could seem like fun super thick insulated ski pants are 200$ a pop. Not looking forward to that at all.
  • eliezalot
    Congrats, @emmyjaykay!!

That is such a good and weird feeling. (Also I had no idea American Eagle had plus sizes. I've clearly been missing out for years). And it will be so much more fun in non-pandemic times, when we finally get to go back to stores and try things on! So many styles, at so many stores I couldn't shop at before! Exciting and overwhelming.
  • bmeadows380
    eliezalot wrote: »
    Congrats, @emmyjaykay!!

That is such a good and weird feeling. (Also I had no idea American Eagle had plus sizes. I've clearly been missing out for years). And it will be so much more fun in non-pandemic times, when we finally get to go back to stores and try things on! So many styles, at so many stores I couldn't shop at before! Exciting and overwhelming.

Maurice's was allowing clothing try-ons at least back in the summer the last time I was in there; I don't know if they still are. Walmart was allowing it in some locations, too - though anything you decided not to purchase was set aside for a period of time. But I haven't tried anything on since mid-summer, so I don't know if they still are or not.

It is very nice, though, to be able to wear clothing from a variety of places now and not have to just work online - t be able to actually purchase stuff off the rack!

Too bad that doesn't apply to shoes for me, though. I still have to buy shoes online because it is still almost impossible to find 11W women's shoes in stores. There is a Shoe Show in Beckley, WV that still has the shoes sorted by size and I can sometimes find something in there, but I never find anything in the stores that sort shoes by style and not size because those stores rarely have anything above a 10 and forget finding wides. This is why I have a grand total of 2 pair of dress shoes in white and black, a couple pair of boots, and a couple pair of tennis shoes and that's it!
  • emmyjaykay
    emmyjaykay Posts: 83 Member
    @bmeadows380 I don't know if you have a Nordstrom Rack around you but I have a styling client that takes a women's 12W and we've had some good luck shopping in-store there together!