Less Alcohol - OCTOBER 2020 - One Day at a Time (Try a Sober October)

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    @forestdweller1 - I read Carl Hiaasen novel, "Skinny Dip" ... think it was #5 of the same series. Fun read too.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    🎉Happy Birthday weekend @LoveyChar ! I remember your scare last Fall with the mamo's. It was frightening for us all and fingers crossed for your December check up.

@forestdweller1 you fly in low and unleash your absolute hysterical one liners. Thank you for letting us know your still out there. ( BTW, How is that basement clean up going? LOL)

@Lilylady3k Now that is the kinda happy hour I would like to have with my hubs...a 3 mile walk. 👍

@dawnbgethealthy congrats on hitting your low side goal so far this month.

@looneycatblue I hope your feeling better today. Those next morning after effects can be brutal. Start fresh with your streak. We have all been right where you are. Not the end of the world.
  • MissMay
    Beautiful Saturday morning.

My plan today after I check in here, is to go workout like no one is watching. Grunt, groan and sweat. Maybe even cuss a little. Endorphins need to be released to produce higher metabolism.
    Did you know MUSCLE burns FAT? Muscle also increases metabolism. Muscle may weigh more, but you look smaller, tigher and leaner.

Hmmmmmm so yeah, I am going to pump some iron 💪. Check out Chalene Extreme by Beachbody. It is my workout hero.

OCTOBER ACCOUNTABILTY:
    18/23😎

• MissMay
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    Looking at this week not sure of my plans given the surprise birthday celebrations little birds whispered in my ear.......

At least I'm still here and still tracking ... that is huge!

That is HUGE. Accountability is so very important.

Guess I am going to need to bake a bigger cake for all these birthday celebrations, past and present 🎂
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    @MissMay Thank you...
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Disagree button could be an outsider, possibly, someone who is reading but never comments. Weirdos out there lurking and laughing or accident as @globalhiker said. I'm not really seeing the disagree, except in my own, but I'm not going back through old posts to re-read either.
  • Lilylady3k
    @MissMay Thank you as always for the encouragement!
  • Lilylady3k
    edited October 2020
    Birthday celebration ... 3 glasses of wine :) Fun times with my lovely family.
    Oct accountability: 7/24 days AF

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,515 Member
    I am Dawn and live in South East British Columbia. I am 60.
    My goal remains the same as it has been for quite some time, 16-20 AF days per month.

Friday October 23 - AF - Always happy to see that 16AF number.
    Saturday October 24 - Drinks. Awesome busy day today.

Rolling total: 16 AF days out of 24 days so far.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    Birthday celebration ... 3 glasses of wine :) Fun times with my lovely family.
    Oct accountability: 7/24 days AF

Just remembered this morning ... it was 3 glasses of white wine but I also had a glass of red with dinner! Keeping myself accountable!
  • Lilylady3k
    @MissMay - The cake is beautiful! You are a very talented woman.

@dawnbgethealthy - Love your pics of the lovely winter scenes! I agree with MissMay that this pic of you smiling would make a wonderful profile pic.