Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Replies

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Guys/Girls: WIYO on exotic/unusual/alternative pet companions? Is there a non-human companion you would never consider having?

Example: Once upon a time, I had 10 different species of tarantula that I was taking care of. Some you could handle and interact with, but several were "look don't handle" species due to aggression/venom. I loved having each of them in my home, taking care of them and watching them interact with their food (insects) and the terrarium environments we created for them.

Yet.. I had several friends who were made EXTREMELY uneasy by the fact that I had 10 spiders in my home.

If he has the big snakes that size people up before eating them, I don't step foot in the house.

If he lets tarantulas roam freely, venom or no, I'm out

If he's Joe Exotic, I'm in as long as they've just been fed, and then I'm out before I get hooked on meth

If he loves on lizards (not a euphemism) too much, I'm out (they've got salmonella my dude, no loving on reptiles!) not only of the house, but the relationship.

I wouldn't really have any of these as pets. The exotic pet I would have? I would take up falconry if I had the space and money. In a heartbeat.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    nitalieben wrote: »
    Guys/Girls: WIYO on exotic/unusual/alternative pet companions? Is there a non-human companion you would never consider having?

Example: Once upon a time, I had 10 different species of tarantula that I was taking care of. Some you could handle and interact with, but several were "look don't handle" species due to aggression/venom. I loved having each of them in my home, taking care of them and watching them interact with their food (insects) and the terrarium environments we created for them.

Yet.. I had several friends who were made EXTREMELY uneasy by the fact that I had 10 spiders in my home.

Scorpions. That says a lot about my feelings for those because I'm convinced I'll die someday trying to pet something I definitely should not pet.

I've never been tempted to pet a scorpion, honestly. Then again, I really like snakes (on the whole), but there are some really tragic stories about people who have died at the hands of their pet snakes (and they weren't venomous), so... I suppose they are all a risk.
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    What's yall's opinion on pigtails as a hairstyle and not actual pig tails?

Attractive on most ladies and down right hawt on the rest.

A woman on the farm, sporting pigtails and maybe a cowgirl hat... 🤤

Denim overalls? 🤔

Yes, please.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    What's yall's opinion on pigtails as a hairstyle and not actual pig tails?

5B4vaLX.gif
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

If he has the big snakes that size people up before eating them, I don't step foot in the house.

If he lets tarantulas roam freely, venom or no, I'm out

If he's Joe Exotic, I'm in as long as they've just been fed, and then I'm out before I get hooked on meth

If he loves on lizards (not a euphemism) too much, I'm out (they've got salmonella my dude, no loving on reptiles!) not only of the house, but the relationship.

I wouldn't really have any of these as pets. The exotic pet I would have? I would take up falconry if I had the space and money. In a heartbeat.

This gave me a chuckle.

There were a few tarantulas we had that you could handle, but most were definitely more like fish: You just watched them and admired how pretty they were. We had no "free range" tarantulas.

Falconry sounds awesome, btw.
  • Ladies...

So one guy puts on the damn Disney fireworks show for you once or twice a week 🤷🏽‍♂️... But during the work week he's usually falling asleep before the kids, and his mornings are dedicated to his physical conditioning 🤷🏽‍♂️

The other guy, puts on a show 4-5x/week but it's more like a $50 box of the safe and sane legal residential use safe for kids kind of thing... He doesn't invest much time in himself...

Opinions and thoughts...

Date #1 once or twice a week, and live with #2.

I'm a both/and kind of woman.

• brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    Ladies...

So one guy puts on the damn Disney fireworks show for you once or twice a week 🤷🏽‍♂️... But during the work week he's usually falling asleep before the kids, and his mornings are dedicated to his physical conditioning 🤷🏽‍♂️

The other guy, puts on a show 4-5x/week but it's more like a $50 box of the safe and sane legal residential use safe for kids kind of thing... He doesn't invest much time in himself...

Opinions and thoughts...

Date #1 once or twice a week, and live with #2.

I'm a both/and kind of woman.

Ohhhhh, I get it now. This wasn’t really about fireworks at all. 🤦🏼‍♂️

All this time I thought this was about a neighborhood dispute because of dueling dudes trying to outdo one another with their fireworks displays pissing the neighbors off.

I don’t think Webster’s has a word for how retarded I am sometimes.
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    Gals:

Say you have a home improvement project that you want done and your significant other has all of the experience, tools, and equipment to get it done by themselves. Do you prefer them to do it all by themselves sooner, or would you rather wait until you both have a day off and get it done together?
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    hawkeye45_ wrote: »
    Gals:

Say you have a home improvement project that you want done and your significant other has all of the experience, tools, and equipment to get it done by themselves. Do you prefer them to do it all by themselves sooner, or would you rather wait until you both have a day off and get it done together?

Wait AND participate? Why tho 🤔
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Gals:

Depends on what it is. If it’s something complicated and/or technically skilled I’d rather just stay out of the way. But if it is something we can do together (maybe more manual labour like sodding or painting) it can be a good bonding and growth experience.
  • hawkeye45_
    Gals:

Because bonding is nice sometimes!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Gals:

third option

just hire someone who can do the project right the first time

otherwise, you'll have to pay more to have them undo my mess and then correct the issues.

feel free to answer on your own timeframe, I'll be right here..... on the sofa.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Gals:

So this isn’t complete innuendo? 🤨
  • hawkeye45_
    CacoEther wrote: »
    Gals:

So this isn’t complete innuendo? 🤨

Excuse the Space Jam out of you, I am the most wholesome person on this entire website.
  • Yoshiboobs
    Gals:

Ew
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    Gals:

It depends...Is it at my house or his?
  • hawkeye45_
    Gals:

It depends...Is it at my house or his?

Does that affect your answer?
  • hawkeye45_
    Gals:

Ew

Begone with your negativity!
  • Yoshiboobs
    Gals:

Ew

It's not negative, it's a different point of view and also a joke.
  • hawkeye45_
    Gals:

Ew

It's not negative, it's a different point of view and also a joke.

Begone with your jokes that I didn't get!