Rainy day exercise?

Some folks do youtube, some folks do chores. How do you stay active on rainy days?? :)

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    I throw on a jumper and don my hat. In our neck of the woods, we get about 9 inches of rain per year. I really appreciate rainy weather, it's a treat.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    The gym.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    The gym: weights and then cardio. I might throw in a YouTube body groove dance exercise too if I’m still feeling antsy after my workout. Rainy days leave me feeling irritated, especially if they fall on weekends when I want to be OUT in the woods with my dogs.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    There is so much on YouTube - Jessica Smith TV is a favorite of mine
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Like others, I just went to the gym too
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    No gym, just busting my hump out there shoveling whopping boatloads of snow.

@Diatonic12 i am jealous that you have snow already! Although maybe it’s normal for wherever you are...

I’m in northeastern PA and the last several winters have been seriously lacking in the snow department...
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @Dogmom1978 It would be abby normal if we didn't have any. Halloween is always white around here. That's usually when we get our first big blizzard of the year. It blows in that evening when the lil ruggers are all headed out for Tricks and Treats. It's a long way between houses, so no one is walking but their costumes are all crushed and mangled from the wind hitting licks at 40 mph.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    It sprinkled today, LOL. Yay. Did some gardening instead of my usual walk.
  • Meeson29mfp
    Meeson29mfp Posts: 6 Member
    I have a wii console I go on dance just dance games YouTube is also good and you can find loads of video on their depending on what you want to do. :)
    When weather is warm or nice I like to have a walk.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    I use my treadmill when I can't walk outdoors.
  • LiftandSkate
    LiftandSkate Posts: 148 Member
    I haven't returned to the gym yet, and my home gym is outdoors. On rainy or cold mornings, I like to do a YouTube workout-Taebo or Bollywood dance. I also really like tabata style workouts, and can always throw a circuit together and get a great workout!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Mostly youtube. There are several channels I really like, or I just jog in place and watch a show. I don't like to go out and ruin shoes and I definitely don't have any rain gear. Even rain and my glasses don't work well.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    I go out in it, get wet, and come home to a hot shower. If I'm hiking, I have dry clothes and fresh shoes in the car.
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Alot of the time I will still go walking but I have a huge umbrella which helps alot and a water repellent coat
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    The gym - which is where I go on dry days too! During lockdown I did most of my exercise outdoors, but shadow boxing indoors on rainy days was a good option.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Run in the rain. Sweat/rain just getting wet. I'll dry off after the shower.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I remind myself that my body is mostly water and I'm not going to melt like the Wicked Witch of the West.

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member
    I love the rainy days.

I don wellies and grab an umbrella out of the stand by the front door and carry on walking to yoga studio and gym. Everyone’s horrified when I come in dripping. “You walked?! Do you need a ride home?”

They don’t see me gleefully jumping in puddles or kicking around in the big ones. (A girl needs to test her rainboots, you know.) I even enjoy the thrill of shaking my fist at drivers who blow through splashy puddles. It’s like fun road rage without the car and without the rage

I love the puddles and I love having the Square and sidewalks to myself, and I enjoy watching the rain fall in the big tiered fountain. It’s very soothing.

Otherwise I treat rainy days as R&R from walking, but find myself hanging by the window waiting for a break in the weather to try to squeeze in a walk or run.

For future rainy days, I’m really looking forward to the new Apple Fitness subscription being available later this year. I figure if it’s by Apple, it’ll be pretty high quality, and I can’t wait to experiment with some other workouts. The Apple One package will be a bargain by the time you factor in news and magazine subscriptions.

Hopefully it will be better video quality than Zoom. I love my local instructors but yikes, I’m glad I’ve gone back to in studio classes. Some instructors are so discombobulated trying to teach live and Zoom students at the same time.