Less Alcohol - OCTOBER 2020 - One Day at a Time (Try a Sober October)

Replies

• looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,301 Member
    Such wonderful photos! Wish now that I had taken few photos yesterday. We also has a small get-together yesterday, just one of my sons, his fiancé, hubby & I. My Son and his beautiful bride to be made a fantastic dinner (at our home), Cornish Game Hens on the BBQ, Mexican Rice and plenty of veggies on the side... oh and some French bread with Brie and homemade Bruschetta... they can really cook! It was all delicious and fairly healthy. We also had some good wine, I had about 3 glasses, well worth it. Sounds kinda like @Lilylady3k and I had a similar celebration!

@dawnbgethealthy I am envious of how close you live to such beauty... how wonderful that you got surprised with two of your past friends! I agree, you should use your new photo, I would also frame it an put it on your wall.

@MissMay that is an incredible cake! Did you make this for a wedding? Such talent!

About the Angry Face button, I took notice that when I am scrolling through posts on my phone, if I am not careful, I can easily hit the button without even knowing it... :/

My 7 day goal results, Sat - Fri... 6 AF / 7 days... a little hiccup on Thursday, but got back on track Friday. o:)
    I had my planned wine yesterday, all good and under control... I like the idea of going for 7 day goals. So for my next Sat - Fri, goal 6 AF / 7 days (I already used my drinking day yesterday, so 6 more to go! o:)
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,511 Member
    Still at 12 AF for the month....but feeling optimistic

Wow I love everyone's pictures. What a nice looking family @Lilylady3k !

Thanks for the cake @MissMay, I can imagine how yummy :)

@dawnbgethealthy I will visit you when Covid is over OK? We can have a mojito party when the mint season is in full swing. Plus, I still need to reschedule that canceled flight to Calgary to visit National Parks nearby, so you are not too far.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,514 Member
    edited October 2020
    I tried to change my profile pic, but it gets so cut off.
    Thanks for the suggestion : - )
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited October 2020
    I tried to change my profile pic, but it gets so cut off.
    Thanks for the suggestion : - )

Might have to edit the picture first cropping it so that you have the right perspective before changing your profile pic. Or shrink it. I'm not great at editing LOL Good luck!

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    2 glasses of wine while cooking, dinner & cards :) Now on to more water to round out my day.

Oct accountability: 8/26 days AF
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,514 Member
    I am Dawn and live in South East British Columbia. I am 60.
    My goal remains the same as it has been for quite some time, 16-20 AF days per month.

Friday October 23 - AF - Always happy to see that 16AF number.
    Saturday October 24 - Drinks. Awesome busy day today.
    Sunday October 25 - AF - Planning on racking up a few more AF days before the month is over.
    Monday October 26 - AF - Easy decision, early workday on Tuesdays.

Rolling total: 18 AF days out of 26 days so far.
  • Doxmum
    Doxmum Posts: 127 Member
    @chocolate_owl: speaking of junk science. If anyone is interested in a credible, succinct, and not hysterical podcast about SARS CoV-2 you should check out Dr. Micheal Osterholm's weekly COVID-19 update. Search for CIDRAP, (Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy) out of the Univ of Minnesota. The link is on the first page. They do it on Thursdays. He is sane, evidence-based, and has the ability to translate confusing public health data/information into real life applications, without being too depressing or stupidly optimistic.

Doxmum is on sabbatical until after the election.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,511 Member
    14 days AF. Monday was another no-wining day. And inspired by @MissMay, I hit the barbell for about 15-20 minutes.

I also quit worrying about all the things that are totally out of my control and feel so much better. I do this by spending a few minutes each morning stretching and telling myself this. It's a good stress relief, maybe a sort of meditation. From this practice, I quit the morning news check without consciously thinking about it.

@dawnbgethealthy I can connect with you offline during late winter so we can touch base. We need to hit it before "fire season". Possible we can meet you in Cranbrook and spend the day nearby, maybe Fernie. I am sure you know about the good places.