The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Cher3212
    Cher3212 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi old 40 yr old thinking she's still 25.. and my body hates me so hoping to find balance in this middle age scene
  • FutureFit2020
    FutureFit2020 Posts: 128 Member
    Oh my god, I love the pumpkin bread! I usually make a cornucopia out of bread dough for Thanksgiving every year. A couple of sourdough pumpkins next to it and tiny pumpkin rolls inside would be amazing.

Look at these! > https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/276472/pumpkin-shaped-dinner-rolls/

I'm American and living in England so I normally invite English friends over to create a bit of festivity on what can be a quite sad holiday for me. So this socially distanced Thanksgiving will be quite depressing but I think I'm going to have to make some tiny pumpkin deliveries. :)
  • FutureFit2020
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I am 49 years old. Can I get in on this group?

Yes of course. I'm in on the 50-ish part. Been "-ish" for 4 years now, so perhaps soon get expelled. 🤣

Who are we to say you won't live to be 120? :D
  • balanc41
    balanc41 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Good morning sexy middle agers! It’s Monday! This means the countdown begins for the weekend🤣 make this week a victory including today
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Good morning everyone ☕️😊
    Monday.......ugh. Lol.
    But I’m going into it with a smile and positive attitude (that’ll last til about noon🤣).

Everyone working today?

Welcome to all the newcomers. Feel free to add me as a friend 🤗
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    edited October 2020
    Oh my god, I love the pumpkin bread! I usually make a cornucopia out of bread dough for Thanksgiving every year. A couple of sourdough pumpkins next to it and tiny pumpkin rolls inside would be amazing.

Look at these! > https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/276472/pumpkin-shaped-dinner-rolls/

I'm American and living in England so I normally invite English friends over to create a bit of festivity on what can be a quite sad holiday for me. So this socially distanced Thanksgiving will be quite depressing but I think I'm going to have to make some tiny pumpkin deliveries. :)

Oh yes you must do something... you can always make a Thanksgiving meal and drop stuff off to friends. That's what we did this year (I'm Canadian and our Thanksgiving is in October)
  • AliNouveau
    Monday.......ugh. Lol.
    But I’m going into it with a smile and positive attitude (that’ll last til about noon🤣).

Everyone working today?

Happy Monday!!! If by working you mean doing the school drop off and pick up yup....I'm working. Everyday I scour the house listings to find a place closer to the boy's school but sadly no one seems to want to move.

I ate too many of my delish chocolate cookies so it's gonna be a double workout day today I think have a good one
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    @AliNouveau - how long of a commute is it for him/you? That sucks about struggling to find a place. So funny because just 90mins north of you and everyone is trying to sell their houses right now. Of course I know your market is way different there. Getting so expensive for housing everywhere.
    Good luck on the continued search 💕💕💕
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member

oh wow...I wish I was a better baker...I might have to try anyway!!!
  • AliNouveau
    @AliNouveau - how long of a commute is it for him/you? That sucks about struggling to find a place. So funny because just 90mins north of you and everyone is trying to sell their houses right now. Of course I know your market is way different there. Getting so expensive for housing everywhere.
    Good luck on the continued search 💕💕💕

It's only like 15/20 minutes but it's on the 401 so it can be unpredictable. If I took the city route it would take forever due to construction. I guess I want to move to a very specific area that people don't like to move away from?

Real estate is insane in this province. In this area you can't even get a crappy old must be renovated bungalow for less than a million and a half. People commute from up where you are driving the prices up. I don't know how young people get on the property ladder these days.....move to Kingston? 😂🤣
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Monday.......ugh. Lol.

Everyone working today?

Working...yes...always...I feel like I never really get away from it. I'm a bit more stressed than usual this week because I'm assisting with virtual 101 trainings this week, and we have 200 people signed up for it. I'm actually ok with public speaking...in public. For some reason though this webcam and zoom thing have me all messed up. I think it's because I can't see the reaction of my audience, are they getting the jokes? Do I need to slow down? Are they bored (of course they're bored, it's insurance). Via webinar I get nothing and it's harder for me.

Anyway, i'll quit being gloomy. Upward and onward!!!
  • _canadianbakin_
    _canadianbakin_ Posts: 413 Member
    I'm working, barely. It's a four day week for me as my son and I always take the day off for our birthday. Should be lots garbage food and cake this weekend :P
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    I'm working, barely. It's a four day week for me as my son and I always take the day off for our birthday. Should be lots garbage food and cake this weekend :P

Take heart, bakin. Birthday calories don't count. HAHA! 😁
  • BadBanditCA
    BadBanditCA Posts: 100 Member
    edited October 2020
    Hi all! Just checking in. Happy new week.
    Add me!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @cgrout78 Tell us some jokes over at Dad jokes.
    There's a fella looking for people who like to laugh, too. Your talents are needed. They got the hook out and pulled me off the stage.

dggb2ky6gapk.png
  • r4swaney
    r4swaney Posts: 749 Member
    44 here!! Hi y’all.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    r4swaney wrote: »
    44 here!! Hi y’all.

Welcome home. You're right in the middle of the age range.
  • FutureFit2020
    AliNouveau wrote: »

Oh yes you must do something... you can always make a Thanksgiving meal and drop stuff off to friends. That's what we did this year (I'm Canadian and our Thanksgiving is in October)

I think I will do that, it's a lovely idea. And I've already had some (not so subtle hints) about pecan pie from friends this year :D Is pecan pie traditional at Canadian Thankgsiving? I'm from the south so I'm not even sure it's that common in the northern united states.

I did read some talk of Nanaimo bars on MFP during Canadian Thanksgiving ::drool:: Tempted to add them to my glutton fest menu.
  • balanc41
    balanc41 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Good morning middle agers! Hope you are doing well so far. I need to push through today so I can enjoy the day off tomorrow 🤣 hope you all do the sane