Waist Aways - October 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Hello everyone,

My name is Karla and I joined mfp a week ago. I have had a weight problem my whole life and would like to reach my goal weight sometime next year. Looking forward to November's challenge.and getting to know you all. 😊

Welcome Karla! I'm sure you'll love the group. I only joined two months ago but it's been great having the support and accountability that comes with the team.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    @PlaneMonkey

Are you a gamer by any chance? And if so, what is your game of choice?

I'm not a gamer but I know @Terytha as well as a few others had a discussion mid October about which games they were loving during lockdown. My sister is an avid gamer and I love to watch gaming because it can be as interesting as watching a movie but have never gotten into it myself. My hubby keeps begging for an x-box for entertainment for the 'boring seasons' in between when the boat comes out of the water and there's enough snow to go snowmobiling and vise versa in the spring. It hasn't made it into the budget yet, but likely soon.
  • dashofwicked
    dashofwicked Posts: 30 Member
    @Terytha

Awe, that sounds lovely! My SO and I used to play FFXIV very often. He rolled a PLD Miqo'te and myself a BLM/WHM Midlander. We ran a FC on the server Balmung for years before moving to Exodus w/a small group of friends! Some good memories, good times. And I've heard Stardew Valley receive high praise! It looks adorable and reminds me a lot of Harvest Moon which I love for nostalgic reasons.

@jugar

That's amazing! Horses are such majestic, beautiful beasties and admittedly, scare me a tiny bit. :D I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with a back injury that prevents you from riding as often as you'd like! May you make a full recovery and feel right as rain ASAP! What's the name of your Appaloosa? I did a quick google image search and find their speckled coat to be so, so pretty! And you can come play video games with me any time.

@micki48

Guuuurl, what kind of cookies? I haven't had homemade cookies in what feels like a century. Shameful, huh? However, I have this box of Ginger Snaps in my pantry that I /love/! And you're right! Tomorrow is indeed a new day, so be kind to yourself!

@travelingalone1

Hiya, Karla! Welcome to the team. We got this.

@PlaneMonkey

I totally understand that as I enjoy watching gaming content on YouTube as well. Certain games especially can feel like you're watching an extra long feature film, which can be quite enjoyable! My boyfriend was playing Little Nightmares sometime last year for me and it is such a delightfully creepy game! Snowmobiling, though?! That sounds like so much fun. I love snow, you've no clue how much happier I've been lately now that it's gotten cooler. :D<3
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    @PlaneMonkey

Do we really? That's adorable! I used to play a lot of WoW, GW2, FFXIV, Monster Hunter, Pokemon, (Occasionally Fortnite for the boyfriend. 🙄🤭) but lately have been enjoying some of the more serene games like Animal Crossing: New Horizons. I swear, that game saved me from going insane during this quarantine! Are you a gamer by any chance? And if so, what is your game of choice?

Hello and welcome, gamer here too! I LOVE Animal Crossing! Although I haven't played for a while now so I think my village may be overgrown :D I just got Zelda: Breath of the Wild and am really loving that (big fan of the old Zelda games!)

I just wanted to update also to say I am away on a little mini-break this week so I may not be on here as often, but I will be back properly at the weekend! xx
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Welcome to all the new Waistaways! you'll find a great group here.

Two bad food days behind me...today I'll make it better.
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    PW 243.0 lbs
    CW 243.3 lbs

Off to work, I'll try to check in later!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Welcome new peoples !

Yesterday started off really good, and up until 6pm was going great... Then it kinda went sideways... I didn't go over calories, but I ate every single exercise calorie...
    It's that stupid time of month, and for about a year and a half now they have been so wonky, so they really catch me off guard and throws me off track very easily, but since it only happens every 60-90 days, it's not nearly as bad as every month... Anyway, thats my pity party and excuse for the day... I also did not want to get outta bed this morning so I didn't exercise, I will do it when I get home...

Gotta get back in the right frame of mind... Maybe a nice work walk will help... I am off to find out... Have a great day !
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    edited October 2020
    Here's Tuesday!
    Well, almost Wednesday for @coffeetwist Krista, but still Tuesday.

This is our catch our breath day - no weigh-ins, but time to make sure we are up to date and thinking straight. I'm not sure if I even achieve that, but everyone needs a dream, right?

Monday weigh-ins still outstanding:
    @travisspring
    @graceojo999
    @ells_runs

This week's weigh-in becomes your starting weight for November, so even if it is up, that makes it easier to have a good week 1 for November - weird kind of silver lining? So as usual, good, bad, fab, or sad - get the numbers in and then we can get to the good parts.

What are you thinking for November? What goals? What worked or did not work in October? I know I have to get back more seriously to strength training. I have been good about doing Pilates, but it is not enough. I'm going to set up a program, and do it in November. What about you?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,914 Member
    You have another one heading your way... Please welcome @kmriedell :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    We are getting quite the flood of new people on many of our teams for November - this is great! Welcome @travelingalone1 and @kmriedell - please ask away if you have any questions, and join the team in thinking ahead to next week/month. What small steps will you take every day?
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    @dashofwicked I started as a Mi'qote PLD too, but main samurai now because its more fun. Husband mostly plays black mage or red mage. We started on Exodus and moved to Tiamat when the server got full and they were offering rewards for moving to emptier ones.

Stardew Valley is apparently Harvest Moon with no load times. I'm currently in the process of trying to date and max affection with every single man and woman in town. XD

@travelingalone1 Welcome to the group Karla! This is a great place to get support, advice, or just rant/rave about anything. We're glad to have you here. :)
  • travelingalone1
    travelingalone1 Posts: 59 Member
    Thank you! @jugar, and @Terytha for the welcome! I'm looking forward to next month challenge and getting to know the Waist Aways team members. 😃
  • coffeetwist
    coffeetwist Posts: 18 Member
    edited October 2020
    PW 84.2
    CW 83.9

Hello from the future - it's my Wednesday morning in Kiwiland. :smiley: I've been doing daily work outs at my gym for the last week and lots of big walks with the dog, but the muscles are really feeling it today! The dog is having a break with her friends today for a daystay at her doggy daycare, so I think I'm going to take a break today as I also have an appointment at the hairdressers. Pamper day! :blush:

And welcome to all our new members! I hope you all get what you are looking for from this group

November is going to be a crazy month for me, I think. I start my research project for my Masters programme. I've never done anything like this before, so I think I'll be dealing with imposter syndrome a bit. However it also means the light of the tunnel is approaching after 2 years of studying and working full-time, so when it's all done, it will be a huge relief (and accomplishment!). I just hope I can keep the stress eating under control!
    Hello and welcome, gamer here too! I LOVE Animal Crossing! Although I haven't played for a while now so I think my village may be overgrown :D I just got Zelda: Breath of the Wild and am really loving that (big fan of the old Zelda games!)

I just got BoTW too and have been playing it non-stop for the last couple of weeks, it's so much fun! I really enjoyed the old Zelda games as well. I'm currently saving my pennies to jump on the Animal Crossing train too. :wink:

I also enjoyed Harvest Moon back in the day, but I must say Stardew Valley got me through New Zealand's lockdown period back in March, it is also such a sweet game. :smiley:

• dashofwicked
    dashofwicked Posts: 30 Member
    Good afternoon, everybody! Hope everyone's Tuesday is going well. What all are we getting up to? My goals for the month of November seem kind of daunting, tbh. I'd love to get through this month without binging. I'd also like to incorporate some strength training in my routine!

@spyro88
    Hiya, fellow gamer! ACNH is great, isn't it? Makes me want to go back and play New Leaf! Who's your favorite villager(s) if you have any? The three who've stolen my heart are Pekoe, Flora and Dobie. Also, you would not believe how many times I reset my game to make sure I got a blue airport and apple trees on launch day. :D:D

I never really played any of the Zelda games, but BotW looks super pretty. A lot of my friends are playing Genshin Impact which I understand is slightly reminiscent, but hardly comparable! Also - enjoy your mini vacation! Stay safe.

@Terytha
    You started off in Exodus?! We were probably there at the same time since my FC moved soon as Exodus was added. I hope you're enjoying Tiamat! I also hope you've loads of fun with your writing. Praying you get that win! @jugar as well in the event you participate too!
This discussion has been closed.