Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,505 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were Gina B Hiit cardio and Gym Style Legs premix.
    My DVD's came arrived this afternoon so I'm going to give them a try starting tomorrow. Any excuse to get out of the hard Gym Style workouts! LOL

Apparently we're going to get some rain from hurricane Zeta this week.

Laurie, great job with your KCM rotation! I hope the dusting of snow didn't cause any traffic issues for you.

The GS premixes are really good.
    We had a cloudy day so the beetles weren't around. We did find some inside today but nothing like what was there on Sunday. I don't remember seeing that many in there last year. DH worked sealing the porch from the porch downstairs today.
    We don't attend those tree lighting ceremonies so it's no big deal to us but I know it means a lot to other people.
    The sad part about the virus in Italy is that they are telling people to not show up at the hospital unless they're really sick. This virus is treatable when treated early. It seems they didn't learn anything from what happened in the spring.

Laurel, quiet weekends are always good!
    Great workouts! I'm so glad you liked that Hiit High Impact workout! Thanks for the workout description and for sharing your experience with it.

We are having the same weather for sure! I don't mind the rain at all. We are not going anywhere so I don't mind.
    We're waiting for a sunny day to see how effective the sealing job we did performs! LOL
    We still found bugs but we think they were already inside. I also think they had babies in there because I found some really small ones.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,410 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF BoxFit Workout 3. I had not tried this one before, and have to say that I liked it.

Laurel, Nice workouts. Glad that you where able to try out the new ones. Good to know about the step on the bonus, and I might try it without the step and progress from there. The one workout I really enjoy on the HiiT DVD is the one that doesn't use the step. ;) It will be good that you are trying out the workouts before I try them out, it will give me good information to setting up my work space. ;) I'm probably going to use my weighted vest for the leg workout, I don't think my hands can handle those heavier weights for to long. The Perfect Flow is one that I'm ready for also, I still don't do enough stretching, so this will be good if it is in my rotation.

Thelma, Good workouts! LOL about getting away from the GS workouts. ;) I noticed that the premixes for the weight work does have split body parts. The snow wasn't on the road, so now issues with driving. All the snow was on the grass. I'm sorry to hear that the Italians are not learning the lessons from this spring. They where the ones that where hit the worst in this. I hope that they will get through this, and start being more proactive.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,769 Member
    Hi Ladies! In my excitement to post about Perfect 30 yesterday, I forgot to mention my workouts from yesterday. They were Cathe Live Glutes and Thighs and a 30 minute HiiT spin with Peloton. Today was Gym Style Back, Shoulders and Biceps followed by Perfect 30 Low Impact HiiT and the Bonus Pyramid cardio workout. I really liked the Low Impact HiiT. I was thinking throughout that I think this is Cathe’s first full length low impact HiiT workout that doesn’t use any equipment (like a mat or weights or gliding discs). Most of the moves are new variations or completely new moves, she includes a few agility drills, and it was perfectly doable. If you want to work harder, there are options for more impact, but it definitely isn’t necessary. Cathe stays lower impact throughout. Definitely a winner for me. I also did the bonus workout without a step but did do the moves with impact. It was perfectly fine without a step. In fact, there was only one move where I wish I had a step (the next to last move which is a one-legged hop over the step). For me, if I do the bonus workout after the high impact HiiT, I will use the step. If I do it after the low impact HiiT, I most likely won’t. That will keep my heart rate about even throughout the entire workout, and I like that. Looking forward to more Perfect 30 tomorrow!

Thelma, great workouts! As you can see, I skipped out on Gym Style Legs yesterday, so I completely understand using Perfect 30 as a reason to duck out of Gym Styles. I love how the Gym Style upper body workouts make my muscles feel, but I can’t say I love them when I am doing them. As far as GS Legs go, though, I have to be in the right mood, and I am not in that mood very often. :DB) I keep reading about the virus and this wave of illnesses in Europe, and it really does seem that they didn’t quite learn all the lessons that needed to be learned, which is just so sad. Right now we are in Zeta’s path too, but once again, she may skirt south of us and you may feel it more than us. We’ll find out tomorrow I suppose.

Laurie, great workout. I am glad you find my reviews helpful. Definitely try that bonus workout without the step. If you like Double Wave Pyramid, you will like this, though it is far from being as tough! Did you see the update from Cathe on the Road Trip? I talked to DH last night, and if I can sign up, I am going to give it a try. I was also happy to see that she is selling some equipment again. My resistance tubing came with those Ultimate Fighter/MMA workouts released several years ago and can use some updating. I keep expecting them snap!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Perfect30 High Impact HIIT, Yoga Basics and Perfect30 Upper Body. I really, really like these Perfect30 workouts!

I canceled my yoga studio membership today. The owner decided to move the studio to their new orchard and she lost three instructors, including my favorite instructor. She also increased the membership prices and she moved out of town and the studio is a room right off the orchard's store. They make cookies and fried pies! Can you imagine the temptation with all those wonderful smells. Anyway, the instructor I like will most like start teaching zoom classes next month. I've already been checking out the yoga YouTube classes and there are plenty available.

We had beetles in the screened porch today. BUMMER! It was sunny this afternoon so they were out. DH found a couple of holes which he sealed so now we wait for another sunny day.

Laurie, great job with the 30MTF workout! I'm glad you liked it.
    I'm glad the snow wasn't a problem for your commute.
    It really is sad that the Italians didn't learn much from the first wave.

Laurel, great workouts! I can't wait to try the Low Impact HiiT and lower body workouts! I like the idea of not having to use any equipment on a Cathe cardio workout! I think you're right about this workout being Cathe's first equipment free cardio workout.

The GS Leg workout is definitely hard. I did the 49 minute premix so it wouldn't be too much of a torture.

Northern GA is going to get a little taste of Zeta too. I hope it doesn't hit you too hard.

I'm really upset about the Italians strategy to deal with the virus.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

My workout this morning was 30MTF Super Sculpt Workout 1. I really enjoyed this one, it was a good mix.

Laurel, Awesome job on all your workouts, even if you missed your workout from yesterday. Thanks for more info on the HiiT workouts, I'm looking forward to trying them both out. Very nice that the High Impact HiiT workout is similar to the Pyramid one, and of course I do like that it isn't as intense. I have not tried those HiiT workout in a while, so this will be a good way to build up my endurance. I didn't see the information on the road trip, but will check it out. I to need some new bands, the ones that I had all broke. :( I have been using that same band, just have not looked into getting a different brand.

Thelma, Great job on your workouts! Sorry to hear about the yoga classes, and you are right that temptation would be so hard to endure. I love the smell of fruit pies! :D I have to say that youtube has been awesome during this time. It got me back into the quilting mode. Dang on the beetles finding a way in.

Hope you both don't have to many problems with the latest storm.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a super tough 45 minute spin with Peloton followed by both workouts on the Perfect 30 Flow DVD. The yoga workout was good. It is not standard flow yoga but more a series of different exercises focusing on balance or strength or flexibility or some combination of those. There is nothing brutal about this and it is very thorough and well paced. As you know, I am addicted to Peloton yoga, so I have to be honest and say I probably won’t do this workout very often. But that is just my preference and not a statement about the quality of the workout. The mobility workout, on the other hand, is one I want to do weekly if I can. It is very different from my standard yoga routine, and I think that is fantastic. I could really feel it in some of my muscles and joints...in a good way. I loved the moves and the pace of this workout. I am so happy she did a workout like this and I hope to see more.

Thelma, great workouts! I am glad you are enjoying Perfect 30. I am sorry to hear about your yoga membership, though. But, hopefully, those zoom classes will start soon. And, no, I wouldn’t want to be doing yoga next to freshly baked cookies! We have already had a lot of rain this morning and will get more tonight. But, right now, the worst of the storm is going south of us so we should miss the high winds....I hope. Hope you don’t get too hard.

Laurie, great workout! The Perfect 30 workout that resembles Double Wave Pyramid is the bonus workout, not the High Impact HiiT. Just wanted to clarify that so you don’t put in the High Impact HiiT and wonder what I was thinking! Cathe announced the Road Trip for November 20-21, but hasn’t announced the sign up information yet. I am still thinking I am going to try for it. I like the idea of hard workouts before Thanksgiving. :p

I am going to post my ideas for the next rotation, probably in a series of posts, after this. Hopefully I will get it all posted today. It is coming up fast!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • StiringWendel
    Okay, so about this next rotation, there are five sections, each lasting three week. I planned a ‘recovery’ week for in between each section. Each section will be (loosely) focused on a different style of strength training, and each week during each section will have a different style or focus, with one week each segment focused (again, loosely) on endurance, muscle building and strength. The order of these weeks will be random. For instance, during one section, the first week may be strength, the second endurance and the third muscle building. But the next section may be completely re-ordered. My goal here was to ‘shock’ the body with an undulating type of rotation as well as vary the lifting styles as much as possible to prevent overworking and boredom.

I am going to list my plans as well as several options. Whereas in the past, I tried to do workouts from the same programs, this time, I am using more random workouts.....ones that appeal to me more. There is a lot more repetition of workouts in this rotation than I normally use as well. And then I am also going to do a couple of things I haven’t tried before which will involve changing discs or chattering through workouts to the right exercise. I will try to provide options is that doesn’t appeal. Also, I am going to incorporate some random STS workouts throughout which I don’t normally do.

My plan, right now, is to challenge myself. For whatever reason, I feel like I have gotten a little lazy with my workouts, and I want to break out of that if I can. I think this winter will be a challenging one mentally, so I am hoping to inspire myself with some tough workouts. But I may get to the third section and go ‘nope!’ and pull back. It all depends on how this 55 yo body feels. :) The rotation only lists strength work and not specific cardio workouts to keep it as flexible as possible. So here goes!

November 8-14/Recovery Week 1

I am not going to do a daily rundown of workouts for this week, and have the same plan for all four recovery weeks. My goal during these weeks is to do 1-2 circuit or metabolic workouts, 1 PHA workout, and 1 classic Total Body workout. What workouts I select and what days of the week I do them on will depend on how my body feels. But if I were to suggest the format I may use, it would be:

Sunday-Circuit/Metabolic
    Monday-Cardio
    Tuesday-Total Body
    Wednesday-Cardio And Mobility
    Thursday-PHA
    Friday-Circuit/Metabolic
    Saturday-Yoga

SECTION 1 November 15-December 5/Sets

Week 1-November 15-21 (Muscle Building)
    Sunday-Cardio (optional lower body workout)
    Monday-Total Body Giant Sets upper body premix
    Tuesday-Total Body Giant Sets lower body premix
    Wednesday-Cardio and Mobility
    Thursday-Body Blast Supersets Upper Body Premix
    Friday-Body Blast Legs and Glutes
    Saturday-yoga

Week 2-November 22-28 (Strength)—this is Thanksgiving week, so shorter workouts :)
    Sunday-LIS Chest, Shoulders and Triceps
    Monday-LIS Lower Body Trisets
    Tuesday-LIS Back, Biceps and Core
    Wednesday-4DS Chest, Shoulders and Triceps
    Thursday-4DS Lower Body premix
    Friday-4DS Back and Biceps
    Saturday-yoga

Week 3-November 29-December 5 (Endurance)
    Option: Do one Muscle Meltdown workout each day and ICE Lower Body once
    -or-
    Sunday-LITE Stacked Sets Lower Body
    Monday-LITE Stacked Sets Upper Body
    Tuesday-cardio and mobility
    Wednesday-Muscle Meltdowns for Biceps, Triceps and Shoulders (approx. 43 minutes w/o warm up)
    Thursday-Lower Body Blast or Lean Legs and Glutes
    Friday-Muscle Meltdown for Chest and Back (approx 36 minutes w/o warm up)
    Saturday-yoga

December 6-12/Recovery Week 2

SECTION 2 December 13-January 2/Express Workouts

Week 1-December 13-19 (Muscle Building)
    Option: This week will focus on Push/Pull, and I am using the Body Blast Push/Pull and Fit/Split workouts. I will be doing premixes from the BB Push/Pull workout, but you can do the entire workout once or twice this week if desired and skip the premixes if it is too much/too long.

Sunday-Body Blast Push/Pull
    Monday-cardio and mobility
    Tuesday-F/S Push
    Wednesday-F/S Pull
    Thursday-BB Push/Pull lower body premix
    Friday-BB Push/Pull upper body premix
    Saturday-yoga

Week 2-December 20-26 (Strength)—Christmas Week!!
    Sunday-STS Meso 2/Disc 22 Chest, Shoulders and Triceps
    Monday-STS Meso 2/Disc 23 Legs (or, for a shorter workout, LIHI Legs/weights only premix)
    Tuesday-STS Meso 2/Disc 24 Back and Biceps
    Wednesday-cardio and mobility
    Thursday-Perfect 30 Lower Body
    Friday-Perfect 30 Upper Body
    Saturday-yoga

Week 3-December 27-January 2 (Endurance)
    Sunday-cardio (optional lower body workout such as Great Glutes)
    Monday-LITE Pyramid Pump Upper Body
    Tuesday-LITE Pyramid Pump Lower Body
    Wednesday-cardio and mobility
    Thursday-LITE Stacked Sets Upper Body
    Friday-LITE Stacked Sets Lower Body
    Saturday-yoga

January 3-9/Recovery Week 3

I will continue this in another post.
  • StiringWendel
    edited October 2020
    SECTION 3 January 10-30/Split Sets and Total Body
    Note: I think this will be the toughest section. By far. :D

Week 1-January 10-16 (Strength)
    Sunday-STS Disc 26/Plyo Legs
    Monday-STS Disc 25/Chest and Back
    Tuesday-STS Disc 37/Squat Rack Legs
    Wednesday STS Disc 27/Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps
    Thursday-cardio and mobility/yoga
    Friday-Perfect 30 Lower/Upper premix
    Saturday-yoga

Week 2-January 17-23 (Endurance)
    Sunday-cardio (and optional light lower body workout like ICE Lower Body Blast)
    Monday-XT Disc 1 Chest, Back and Shoulders
    Tuesday-XT Disc 5 Legs or Butts and Guts
    Wednesday-XT Disc 2 Biceps and Triceps
    Friday-High Reps or Flex Train
    Saturday-yoga

Week 3-January 24-30 (Muscle Building)
    Sunday-cardio (and optional lower body such as LIS Lower Body Trisets or Fit/Split Legs and Glutes)
    Monday-Gym Style Chest and Triceps OR RWH LIHI Chest, Shoulders and Triceps
    Tuesday-Body Blast Legs and Glutes or LIHI Legs
    Wednesday-GS Back, Shoulders and Biceps OR LIHI Back, Shoulders and Biceps
    Friday-STS Total Body
    Saturday-yoga

January 31-February 6-Recovery Week 4

SECTION 4 February 7-27/ One Body Part
    Note: I am going to attempt to use STS Meso 1 for one week of this, which means chattering through the workout to the right body part since she alternated body parts in these workouts. It could be a pain, so if that doesn’t sound like fun, the Muscle Meltdowns or LITE Pyramid Pump sections can easily be done in its place.

Week 1-February 7-13 Endurance
    Sunday-STS Disc 1/Chest exercises (and optional lower body workout of choice)
    Monday-STS Disc 1/Bicep exercises
    Tuesday-STS Disc 1/Shoulder exercises
    Wednesday-STS Disc 3/Legs
    Thursday-STS Disc 2/Back exercises
    Friday-STS Disc 2/Triceps exercises
    Saturday-yoga

Weeks 2-February 14-20 Muscle Building
    Sunday-Ramped Up Upper Body Chestx3 premix (and optional lower body workout of choice)
    Monday-RUUB Bicepsx3 premix
    Tuesday-RUUB Shouldersx3 premix
    Wednesday-Fit/Split Legs and Glutes or Total Body Giant Sets lower body premix
    Thursday-RUUB Backx3 premix
    Friday-RUUB Tricepsx3 premix
    Saturday-yoga

Week 3 February 21-27 Strength
    Sunday-STS Disc 13/Chest Only (and optional lower body workout of choice)
    Monday-STS Disc 13/Shoulders Only
    Tuesday-STS Disc 13/Triceps Only
    Wednesday-STS Disc 14/Legs
    Thursday-STS Disc 15/Back Only
    Friday-STS Disc 15/Biceps Only
    Saturday-yoga

February 28-March 6-Recover Week 5

SECTION 5 March 7-27/Upper Lower

Week 1-March 7-13 Endurance
    Sunday-cardio and optional lower body workout
    Monday-LITE Stacked Sets Upper Body
    Tuesday-LITE Stacked Sets Lower Body
    Wednesday-cardio and mobility/yoga
    Thursday-LITE Pyramid Pump Upper Body
    Friday-LITE Pyramid Pump Lower Body
    Saturday-yoga

Week 2-March 13-19 Muscle Building
    Sunday-cardio and optional lower body workout
    Monday-Total Body Giant Sets Upper Body premix or RUUB
    Tuesday-Total Body Giant Sets Lower Body premix
    Thursday-Body Blast Supersets Upper Body premix or 4DS Upper Body premix
    Friday-Body Blast Legs and Glutes or 4DS Lower Body premix
    Saturday-yoga

Week 3-March 20-26 Strength
    Sunday-cardio and optional lower body
    Monday-XT Burn Sets All Upper Body premix
    Tuesday-STS Disc 17/Legs
    Thursday-Perfect 30 Upper Body
    Friday-Perfect 30 Lower Body
    Saturday-yoga

March 28-April 2 Optional Recovery Week 6

I am sure I made a ton of mistakes. But let me know if you have any questions!!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Monica Pulgarin's Zumba, Beginner Gentle and Revive and Restore Yoga.

We are getting hit with rain from hurricane Zeta. It started to rain on Wednesday at around 4am. It's still raining and we've been warned that the dangerous part of the storm for us will be after 2am. We will see heavy rain and wind.

Laurie, that 30MTF sculpting workout sounds great! Is it one of her new DVDs?

It is too bad about the yoga classes but I've felt bad vibes from the owner for a long time. She and her best friend who is one of the instructors partnered up and bought an apple orchard. Ever since that happened about 2 months ago, she seemed to have neglected her yoga business and I don't like that. The social aspect that I loved so much isn't there due to covid and she dropped the barre classes two months ago.
    YouTube is really great. I've noticed that Travis Elliot has full yoga classes there now which is great. I just have to make sure I keep the same schedule I've been following all this time so I stay disciplined.

Laurel, great workout. I can't say that I'm probably going to try the yoga workout on Friday. The mobility workout sounds really good. I also searched on youtube for mobility workouts and there are plenty of them. I'm not sure if they're good as I don't think I've ever done a mobility workout. Some of the workouts I looked at seemed yoga like. I can't wait to try Cathe's so I have a better idea of what this is like.

I found this stick mobility workout and it actually looks pretty cool. I really didn't have a chance to view the video or read about the concept but I like what I saw.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZFErYy2e34

I think things happen for a reason. I feel the owner got greedy and neglected her yoga customer base. She lost three instructors this week because they're not willing to travel to the new studio and for some internal drama apparently.

OMG Laurel, thank you so much for putting that rotation together! I took a quick look and I LOVE it! I like the recovery weeks and how we'll do killer workouts the week before Thanksgivings! I can't believe Thanksgivings is around the corner!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was 30MTF Super Sculpt Box & High Step Jumps Premix. Tomorrow I'm taking a day off, just using up more of my vacation.

Laurel, Thank you for all the information on the next rotation. It really looks very good, and you put a lot of work into it. Great job on your workouts also. I can't imagine how you think that you have been slacking on your workouts. ;) Now I can't wait to try the mobility workout. I do wish that she was able to do something like the workout we had on the road trip. Is this anything at all like it? That one was so much fun to do. I was looking at the DVD's and read the descriptions of the two HiiT workouts, and totally understood which one you where referring to after that. I have my workout set for next two weeks, so that I can try out each of them. ;) Thanks for the info on the road trip, I will be waiting to hear when they will have the sign up.

Thelma, Great job on your workouts! I hope all goes well for you during the storm. The Scupting DVD is one of her new DVD's. I like it because each workout is different. The one I did this morning had boxing, and I used a 3lb weight, tabata style. Then she moved onto jumping onto the step tabata style. Then back to boxing and then jumping. I did have to take my step down to 8", because 10" was just a little to high for me. :D Running two business is difficult, so can understand why she is neglecting one of them. Thanks for the info on Travis, his yoga workouts are tough but good.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Perfect 30 Upper Body, and I did the premix with the bonus upper body exercises and tacked on the core routine at the end. I loved this upper body workout! I lifted what Cathe did except for on overhead triceps extension (I will never use 35lbs for that :) ), and for being a relatively short workout, I can definitely feel it in my upper body. For cardio, I did the Low Impact, High Impact and Bonus Pyramid premix from Perfect 30 and yowza! That was a tough workout! My plan was to use a step for the bonus but by the time I got there, I pulled out my 4” platform and only used that for about half the exercises. I think these are Cathe’s most enjoyable HiiT workouts.

Thelma, great workouts. I hope you didn’t suffer too badly from the storm. DH has some co-workers in Atlanta that are without power today. We had quite a bit of rain here, but that is it. And now it is perfectly sunny. I am glad you like the looks of the new rotation! I am excited about it and very curious how it feels on the body.

Laurie, great workout. And I don’t think I would be doing that kind of jumping on a 10” step either! Even 8” anymore feels dicey to me. B) I think why I feel I am slacking is more mental than physical. I am just like ‘ho hum, here I am working out’, and not putting my all into much of it. But having new workouts helps! About the Perfect 30 Flow workouts, to me, they didn’t really compare to what she did at the Road Trip. What I remember from the Road Trip felt more like challenging flow segments that were at times athletic and at times more mobility or stretching focused. But it felt like, well, a flow workout. While the yoga has some athletic segments and a little flow in the sun salutations part, the transitions between sections and moves felt more jarring to me, if that makes any sense. That is why I described it as a series of exercises or postures as opposed to a flow. But, being quite honest, one of the things I loved about the Road Trip and that workout was the music, and the music for the yoga workout on the DVD is more standard ‘yoga’ music, and while the mobility workout music has more of a beat, it is still instrumental. So, for me, this didn’t quite hit my memory of that class, but both of these workouts are better than her LIS yoga workouts in my view because she is much more natural in them. And, of course, I could have quite a faulty memory of that Road Trip workout as well. :p Enjoy your day off tomorrow.

Enjoy the day.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, we were without power for almost 14 hours. Blue Ridge got hit pretty hard. There were over 14000 meters without power. We are going to get a generator!

The storm was absolutely terrifying! Someone said the eye of the storm is what got us. Thank God we didn't suffer any property damage.
    A lady posted on FB that windows were being blown out of her house. There were downed trees all over the county, live electric cables, washed out roads, flooded roads. Our linemen worked like crazy all day long and continue to work tonight. They had a lot of trees to cut and posts to replace.
    We had a beautiful day. The rain and crazy wind started again by 8PM. I thought Zeta had decided to come back. The wind was howling like crazy. I guess it was the tail end of the storm.

I didn't have fun working out on my own. I could never teach a workout class! I did a little bit of everything. I did a little cardio, upper and lower body exercises and stretching.

Laurie, good job with that workout! The sculpting workout sounds like a really good one. Good idea to lower the step for the jumping. That part is always scary to me. Travis Elliot's workouts are very hard!
    I hope you have a great long weekend!

Laurel, what a workout combo! WOW! The high impact was hard! I agree with you about these workouts being Cathe's most enjoyable ones. The upper body workout is very effective for a short workout.
    I am really excited about the new rotation. I think our bodies will like it.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Perfect 30 Lower Body with the Bonus lower body segment and a 45 minute spin. I absolutely loved this lower body workout. She used pretty heavy weight, but the reps were controlled, there was a variety of moves and it didn’t feel at all endless like some of higher endurance workouts do to me......yet I still feel it in my legs. So good and highly recommended. So that means I have done all of Perfect 30! It gets two thumbs up from me for sure.

Thelma, I was worried about you when I heard how hard Atlanta had been hit. Yikes! That sounds like a scary storm. Like you, we had a nice day in the afternoon yesterday but the wind last night was crazy. I think it was this cold front that pushed through because it is much cooler here today than it has been. We got a generator after we lost power for hours in January and it really does give me peace of mind when we get these storms through. I am glad you are excited for the new rotation. Me too! It is different than anything I have really done before.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was quiet.
    We are expecting our first frost tonight. The wind has been very strong since early this evening. It sounds a lot like it did when Zeta was here. There are still 500 people without power from my electric company.

My workouts on Friday were Perfect HIIT: Low Impact HIIT and Perfect Pump: Lower Body. I loved these workouts!
    Sunday's workout was STS Total Body.

Laurel, great workouts! Congratulations on having one the entire Perfect30 program in one week! I've yet to do the Yoga and Mobility workouts.

It was a scary storm. and we had a lot of wind on Friday night and tonight. The wind is just insane. I did some research on generators and sent it to the DH so he can do the technical research.

Have a wonderful week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Sorry I didn't post on Friday, but I was just taking it as a lazy day. Did get some more quilting done this weekend, just really enjoying it. My workout on Friday was 30MTF Shape Up Workout 2 and this morning was my first Perfect 30 workout and I did a premix of Upper Body the Bonus and Extended Stretch. Really do love this workout, and since it was my first time with this one I took it slightly lighter than Cathe. Since I don't have 35# db's, I just stuck with my 30's. My upper body is really feeling it right now.

Laurel, Great job on all your workouts! Thanks for the information on the lower body, I'm looking forward to that one too. My first shot at the HiiT workout will be tomorrow. I'm not planning on doing the bonus one yet. ;) After your experience I'm a little scared of the High Impact one though, but I'm still planning on trying it out tomorrow. The only thing that saved me on that Kelly workout with the 8", was that it was just jumping up. Even with Cathe's workout I step off the step. I tend to trip more when I'm jumping off than jumping up. I don't understand why that is.

Thelma, So very glad to hear that you both are okay after that storm. Great job getting something in despite the fact that you didn't have power. I hear you on not being a workout instructor. I know that I really enjoy following along. Great job by the power company to get so many homes back on the power grid. I can't imagine what that wind was like. We had wind on Saturday, but nothing like what you have been through.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was very quiet. We have had lovely autumn weather, though it is a bit cooler today. But the sun has been shining which makes me happy. For workouts, on Saturday I did two Halloween workouts. The first was Cathe’s Live class from last Thursday which was called Halloween Hocus Pocus. She had two of her employees with her, and they were in full costume as the characters from the movie Hocus Pocus. And this was the first Live class Cathe taught in a mask. It was a fun workout combining cardio segments with upper body segments, but because of the mask and costume it was not at all intense, which made it perfect for my Saturday workout. The yoga was 30 minutes with Kristin McGee, which actually worked me harder than the Cathe workout. :D Yesterday was RWH LIHI Back, Shoulders and Biceps followed by Cathe Live Cardio Kickboxing, Low Impact HiiT and Core. Today was RWH LIHI Legs, and I did the premix that has the abs segment throughout. I followed it with a 45 minute spin with Peloton.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad you are enjoying the Perfect 30 workouts. I think they are fantastic. Like you, we were supposed to have a frost last night but even though it was cold, I don’t think we had any frost. Thankfully we didn’t get the heavy winds this time, unlike you. But it is definitely autumn now.

Laurie, I am glad you enjoyed a relaxing day on Friday. That is what days off should be like. Great job with the workouts. I am glad you liked the upper body workout. The only thing about the high impact HiiT workout that I would caution you about is there are quite a few burpees. But when done on its own, it is very doable. I definitely found it more challenging doing it after the 30 minutes of Low Impact HiiT, though. It is definitely worth a try!

Cathe announced that sign-up for her virtual Road Trip will be Wednesday at 1:00pm Eastern Time (12:00pm for us in Central Time). I am going to give it a try. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Monday were Gina B Halloween low impact cardio and Barre.
    Our temps dropped into the low 30's last night and the strong wind continued all night long. Tonight our temps will drop below 30. We had a little wind today but nothing like the previous night.
    These winds caused more power outages which is terrible.

Laurie, sounds like you had a great weekend! Great workouts! You definitely feel the Perfect30 workouts!

Thank God we survived the storm! Our power company did an excellent job. As of this afternoon there were still 400 meters out.

Laurel, I'm glad you had a good weekend. Great workouts! Cathe's Halloween class sounds like a lot of fun. I can't imagine working out while wearing a mask! Gina B also had a custom on.

We were supposed to have a frost last night but it didn't happen. I think it may happen tonight. I have two tender plants in the garage that I want to save. Did you know you can keep ferns alive during the winter? I have this massive fern and it is in the garage now. The wind here has been insane! It is definitely fall!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Well this morning was P30 High Impact HiiT, and do have to say that it is a tough one. One thing that I did do was just watch the move performed the first time. When you are on the floor in a burpee it is hard to know if you are doing something correctly. :D

Laurel, Love the workouts! I had seen the costumes that they had, and those masks where well done. Made me want to watch Hocus Pocus for like the thousandth time. :D Yep there are a lot of burpees in that workout, but I'm one of those that doesn't really mind them. I have this workout scheduled for next week also, but I think that I will do one of the premixes that is half high impact and the bonus pyramid. That way I can get the feel of trying to get through the both of them without having to. :D I just don't know if I should try the one that has the beginning of high impact or the end of high impact. Thanks for the road trip information.

Thelma, Nice workouts! Sounds like our temps overnight, but we are having some lovely 60 degree temps during the day. Of course this happens when I'm at work and can't go out to clean up the flower beds. Everything has been hit by frost, so all the plants have to be winterized. So far I have only done two of the workouts, and I can feel the love.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Well, DH and I were up before the sun to get to our voting station this morning. We got there about 45 minutes before they opened and were second in line. I am so glad we did that because by the time the polls opened, the line was wrapped around the parking lot and down the road leading into the area. But we got it done, felt it was very safe and clean, and home in time for a good workout. For my workout, I did RWH LIHI Chest, Shoulders and Triceps followed by RWH Plyo HiiT One doubled premix. It has been a long time since I did that HiiT workout, but since we got Perfect 30, I wanted to try it as a comparison to the Perfect 30 High Impact HiiT. RWH is more intense, no doubt, but Perfect 30 is far more enjoyable and plenty intense enough. :)

Thelma, great workouts! I have two plants sitting in my garage too....and two in the house. Every spring I see people buying the most beautiful ferns and wondering how they keep them alive not just through the heat but the winter. I may have to give one a try next year because they are so beautiful. Let me know how it goes in keeping it healthy all winter long if you think about it.

Laurie, great workout. :) Good idea in watching the move in that workout before doing it. The burpees in that one don’t bother me because she doesn’t do them endlessly. I am not much for 16 burpees in a row, but four or eight in just fine. The Hocus Pocus workout was fun, and even more fun since I had just watched the movie about two nights earlier.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Monica Pulgarin's Zumba,
    Hip Opener Yoga and RWH LIHI Legs.

The winds finally died down and we had our first frost last night. We will be in the mid 30's tonight and may make 60 on Wed but it will be warmer the following days.

Laurie, great job with the P30 High Impact Hiit workout! It is hard! It was winded but I loved it. So true with those burpees!
    I don't know about the premix with high impact at the end. I like to get my cardio before my strength training. I'm glad you're also loving the new workouts!

Hopefully you'll have warm temps over the weekend so you can work on your flower bed. Do you have to go help your mom with her garden?

Laurel, I'm so glad you went out to vote so early and avoided the lines! Great workouts! I have no doubt that Plyo workout is harder than the P30 high impact Hiit workout!

People in south love their ferns so I had to have one. This thing huge! I think I'm going to transplant it to a larger pot in the spring and next fall I'll split it. I give mine a little water every day in the summer and now I'll just water it once a week.

1jnaub5ayei1.jpg

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma