The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    I loooove that pumpkin bread by the way, that's a proper work of art!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Oh my god, I love the pumpkin bread! I usually make a cornucopia out of bread dough for Thanksgiving every year. A couple of sourdough pumpkins next to it and tiny pumpkin rolls inside would be amazing.

Look at these! > https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/276472/pumpkin-shaped-dinner-rolls/

I'm American and living in England so I normally invite English friends over to create a bit of festivity on what can be a quite sad holiday for me. So this socially distanced Thanksgiving will be quite depressing but I think I'm going to have to make some tiny pumpkin deliveries. :)

Oh yes you must do something... you can always make a Thanksgiving meal and drop stuff off to friends. That's what we did this year (I'm Canadian and our Thanksgiving is in October)

I think I will do that, it's a lovely idea. And I've already had some (not so subtle hints) about pecan pie from friends this year :D Is pecan pie traditional at Canadian Thankgsiving? I'm from the south so I'm not even sure it's that common in the northern united states.

I did read some talk of Nanaimo bars on MFP during Canadian Thanksgiving ::drool:: Tempted to add them to my glutton fest menu.

I don't think pecan pie would be a usual Thanksgiving item. Usually pumpkin and apple because the apples are fresh! I make butter tarts which are basically pecan pie in tart form but with raisins
  • AliNouveau
    I loooove that pumpkin bread by the way, that's a proper work of art!

I'm going to try to do a Halloween shaped loaf like a spider....we shall see
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Morning all you beautiful people. Hope you had a restful night and are ready to roll.

@AliNouveau can I buy your baked goods, so I don't have to do the work? LOL @FutureFit2020 I live in MN and never had pecan pie, I think it's more of a southern thing? We usually do Pumpkin and Apple for our (american) thanksgiving. @LunaTheFatCat that is hilarious!! But i'd be mad too if I made the effort for nothing. I'm so lazy these days. I'm doing a presentation today, and I'm still wearing sweats, just a nice top and makeup. Hahaha.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    I’ve had pecan pie and I live in Canada 😂
    It’s a must to try, especially warm with vanilla ice cream 😍
    @AliNoveau - pics please if and when you do the spider 😊
    @cgrout78 - you’re gonna do great! Let us know how it goes 🤗
  • coffee_n_weights
    coffee_n_weights Posts: 115 Member
    Good morning folks!
    I have never made a pecan pie (in PA) because my family always wants apple and pumpkin, but I love it and this should be the year, right?

@AliNouveau - I agree - would love to see the pics!
  • coffee_n_weights
    coffee_n_weights Posts: 115 Member
    Good morning folks!
    I have never made a pecan pie (in PA) because my family always wants apple and pumpkin, but I love it and this should be the year, right?

@AliNouveau - I agree - would love to see the pics!
  • FutureFit2020
    FutureFit2020 Posts: 128 Member
    cgrout78 wrote: »
    Morning all you beautiful people. Hope you had a restful night and are ready to roll.

@AliNouveau can I buy your baked goods, so I don't have to do the work? LOL @FutureFit2020 I live in MN and never had pecan pie, I think it's more of a southern thing? We usually do Pumpkin and Apple for our (american) thanksgiving. @LunaTheFatCat that is hilarious!! But i'd be mad too if I made the effort for nothing. I'm so lazy these days. I'm doing a presentation today, and I'm still wearing sweats, just a nice top and makeup. Hahaha.

NEVER? Well, get on it woman. Seriously you must. It's just actual heaven in a pie tin.
  • AliNouveau
    Just dragged my family for flu shots. I was lucky enough I have booked appointments the day they offered them. We also go lucky they had it, apparently yesterday they didn't get enough and had to cancel everyone. I also found batteries that I needed and couldn't find at another store so yay!
  • LunaTheFatCat
    Oooo @AliNouveau I love your new profile pic, gorgeous colour on you!
    Apparently it's hard to get flu shots here as well. Haven't tried myself but from what I've heard anyway.

It's so cold here this morning, I have the heater on already and it's not even 9am yet. Ah well, more coffee I suppose!

And here's another pecan pie virgin! I suppose we wouldn't really have that this side of the ocean. Not even sure to be honest.
  • FutureFit2020
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Just dragged my family for flu shots. I was lucky enough I have booked appointments the day they offered them. We also go lucky they had it, apparently yesterday they didn't get enough and had to cancel everyone. I also found batteries that I needed and couldn't find at another store so yay!

Strange times that this is a genuinely a decent life win. :D
  • FutureFit2020
    Apparently it's hard to get flu shots here as well. Haven't tried myself but from what I've heard anyway.

It's so cold here this morning, I have the heater on already and it's not even 9am yet. Ah well, more coffee I suppose!

And here's another pecan pie virgin! I suppose we wouldn't really have that this side of the ocean. Not even sure to be honest.

https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/pecan-pie.html Here is a 'this side of the pond' friendly recipe if you fancy losing your pie virginity. It's lovely this time of year. We'd traditionally use corn syrup (practically a vegetable see! :D ) but this uses golden syrup which I think you can get in Ireland. You're in Ireland right? Or have I made that up?)

We've had the heat on aggges now. I don't handle the cold well. At all. It basically goes off for a week in August :D
  • LunaTheFatCat

https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/pecan-pie.html Here is a 'this side of the pond' friendly recipe if you fancy losing your pie virginity. It's lovely this time of year. We'd traditionally use corn syrup (practically a vegetable see! :D ) but this uses golden syrup which I think you can get in Ireland. You're in Ireland right? Or have I made that up?)

We've had the heat on aggges now. I don't handle the cold well. At all. It basically goes off for a week in August :D

Looks delicious! Wouldn't mind trying that! And yes I'm in Ireland so golden syrup would work. I thought corn syrup was completely demonized nowadays actually!
  • FutureFit2020
    I was joking, corn syrup will definitely kill you. :D but we don't eat it very often!
  • balanc41
    balanc41 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Good morning sexy people! I’m up! Why am I up this early on my day off? I’m glad you asked!! I still want to see changes and that doesn’t happen by taking a day off! Let’s make it count today! Oh yeah Happy Hump Day!
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Good morning everyone :)
    My iPhone went kaput last night so I'm venturing out to get a new phone today. I hate getting used to new technology so this should be fun.....LOL.

@balanc41 - enjoy your day off!
    @AliNouveau - very cool hair:)

Have a great day, all :*
  • AliNouveau
    Good morning everyone :)
    My iPhone went kaput last night so I'm venturing out to get a new phone today. I hate getting used to new technology so this should be fun.....LOL.

@balanc41 - enjoy your day off!
    @AliNouveau - very cool hair:)

Have a great day, all :*

Haha it's a filter. But now I'm wondering if I should break my rule of crazy hair colours cause this looks kinda fun