‘Ladies put your lipstick up’ ~ makeup selfies

Replies

• MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Testing out my Halloween dragon makeup on one side of my face. It has to stay put during a 5k so no foundation. Lipstick is a brown nude matte with eyeshadow patted into it. I took a quick shower to wash all the gunk off my face, used my usual face wash which gets most makeup off, and looked at myself in the mirror and I had a perfectly clean face with green lips! Then I had to go through two different makeup removers before I found one that worked. I was panicked I was going to have permanent green lipstick for a while there, when they say it stays on I guess they mean it!

6dt8ptgwr7i6.jpeg

this is awesome!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,062 Member
    Testing out my Halloween dragon makeup on one side of my face. It has to stay put during a 5k so no foundation. Lipstick is a brown nude matte with eyeshadow patted into it. I took a quick shower to wash all the gunk off my face, used my usual face wash which gets most makeup off, and looked at myself in the mirror and I had a perfectly clean face with green lips! Then I had to go through two different makeup removers before I found one that worked. I was panicked I was going to have permanent green lipstick for a while there, when they say it stays on I guess they mean it!

6dt8ptgwr7i6.jpeg

It looks great!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,062 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Here's the lady Mohawk! No lipstick, though, I just have a clear gloss on.
    ca36rm8hgzau.jpg

I kinda want to see this with your head turned to side profile. Great pic btw!
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Here's the lady Mohawk! No lipstick, though, I just have a clear gloss on.
    ca36rm8hgzau.jpg

I kinda want to see this with your head turned to side profile. Great pic btw!

Awwwwww thank you, this was 3 years ago though and I don't have a profile shot or even the hairstyle anymore. Just the topic of short hair came up and...
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    So...I got my eyebrows threaded earlier this week. She asked if I wanted them tinted. Of course I did cuz I’m a sucker. But, I’m actually really impressed. I think it’s great to not have to really fill them in. Just a tiny bit on the ends. I’d have liked them a little bit more on the cool side but you can’t really tell in pics I guess.
    zvy093bx0cxq.jpeg
    I couldn’t find a great pic without my hair partially covering them. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Oooh I love it! I tint my brows at home. I have to do it monthly or they disappear 😌
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    So...I got my eyebrows threaded earlier this week. She asked if I wanted them tinted. Of course I did cuz I’m a sucker. But, I’m actually really impressed. I think it’s great to not have to really fill them in. Just a tiny bit on the ends. I’d have liked them a little bit more on the cool side but you can’t really tell in pics I guess.
    zvy093bx0cxq.jpeg

Yours look great! She matched the color well to your hair. I haven't tinted mine since January (I use Sephora's Brow Bar services)
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    CacoEther wrote: »
    zvy093bx0cxq.jpeg

Oooh I love it! I tint my brows at home. I have to do it monthly or they disappear 😌
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    zvy093bx0cxq.jpeg

Yours look great! She matched the color well to your hair. I haven't tinted mine since January (I use Sephora's Brow Bar services)

When you do yours or get them done does it actually shape them? I don’t understand how. Like, I thought it would just make what I have darker but it actually shaped them so well that I don’t have to compensate for the shape or anything. I was surprised.

And thank you!
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    zvy093bx0cxq.jpeg

zvy093bx0cxq.jpeg

When you do yours or get them done does it actually shape them? I don’t understand how. Like, I thought it would just make what I have darker but it actually shaped them so well that I don’t have to compensate for the shape or anything. I was surprised.

And thank you!

It can have the illusion of shaping them for a few days while the tint is still staining the skin under the brows.. mine still need filling in after that
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited October 2020
    zvy093bx0cxq.jpeg

zvy093bx0cxq.jpeg

And thank you!

It can have the illusion of shaping them for a few days while the tint is still staining the skin under the brows.. mine still need filling in after that

And at the Brow Bar, it's a Wax and Tint combo for me so as not to resemble a Neanderthal as I am apt to do in my true form
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited October 2020
    @LoveyChar Were your sides like this? I just started growing mine out from this length. I've had a very short pixie for almost 10 years now and I dont know that I'll go back to something longer. yx2fqpqcmulr.jpg

• Cards_Man
    Cards_Man Posts: 905 Member
    zvy093bx0cxq.jpeg

You are truly one stunning lady!!!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    zvy093bx0cxq.jpeg

SMASH.

(but you already knew that.)
  • Cards_Man
    Cards_Man Posts: 905 Member
    @MelG7777 disclaimer - I would have commented on the eyebrows but I don’t know what that means ... don’t worry I’ll ban myself from posting in this thread now...
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Old selfie, almost 5 years ago after a graded research presentation in my final semester of college. This was a "thank God it's over" smile of relief. I have not worn lipstick in over 7 months.

zv16k48uzkz7.jpg

You look so much like the beautiful Jennifer Garner 😍

• GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Old selfie, almost 5 years ago after a graded research presentation in my final semester of college. This was a "thank God it's over" smile of relief. I have not worn lipstick in over 7 months.

zv16k48uzkz7.jpg

Great pic. I hope you're doing well!
  • Fitandabbs2020
    Fitandabbs2020 Posts: 533 Member
    @mommabear4315

Looking great !! :)