Calorie Counter

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Can we get a Hide Option for the Recent Discussions page? please

B_Plus_EffortB_Plus_Effort Member, Premium Posts: 303 Member Member, Premium Posts: 303 Member
I don't know when this site turned into Tinder or Bumble or what ever relationship dating app, but I am here to loose weight and get in shape just as when I go to the gym I'm there to be cordial but to work out, in and out

It is almost impossible to get advice or to offer advice as the Recent Discussion page is cluttered with "What would you do to the poster obove..." nonsense

so can we please get a feature that allows us to choose which threads show up in Recent Discussions, and I know I can click on the categories but why should I have to do more work when this site no longer lives up to it's name

let me know if you agree, or disagree for that matter

(now let's see who I would kick out of bed for eating crackers today) ha ha
edited October 2020

Replies

• MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 4,173 Member Member, Premium Posts: 4,173 Member
    Ironically, when I scrolled to the Recents page to see how many non-fitness convos there were, the...

"Do you wish adult conversation still existed?"

... thread - which you started - is at the bottom of the screen.

The ability to quickly scan and chose convos you want to participate in is there. Just let your fingers do the walking 🤷🏿‍♀️

Yet, if MFP figures out a filter, I suppose that could work from some people too.
  • cmriversidecmriverside Member Posts: 30,737 Member Member Posts: 30,737 Member
    You can do that already. Go to the main Community page, here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/

Hover your cursor over the sub-forum you want to hide, and click the little wheel that you see, then click "unfollow."
    edited October 2020
  • LietchiLietchi Member Posts: 1,586 Member Member Posts: 1,586 Member
    You can do that already. Go to the main Community page, here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/

Hover your cursor over the sub-forum you want to hide, and click the little wheel that you see, then click "unfollow."

In my case, that doesn't work. I have unfollowed chitchat and fun&games, and they still show up in Recent Discussions.
  • B_Plus_EffortB_Plus_Effort Member, Premium Posts: 303 Member Member, Premium Posts: 303 Member

that is only an option if you opted in, ie first selected to Follow that sub forum, my idea is to hide what comes out of the fire hose regardless of what you have signed up to Follow
  • B_Plus_EffortB_Plus_Effort Member, Premium Posts: 303 Member Member, Premium Posts: 303 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »

In my case, that doesn't work. I have unfollowed chitchat and fun&games, and they still show up in Recent Discussions.

Correct, the poster misunderstood the request, their suggestion is for those who first Followed a sub forum, now they can simply Unfollow it, however that does not prevent the most recent posts from showing up in Recent Discussions.
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Ironically, when I scrolled to the Recents page to see how many non-fitness convos there were, the...

"Do you wish adult conversation still existed?"

... thread - which you started - is at the bottom of the screen.

The ability to quickly scan and chose convos you want to participate in is there. Just let your fingers do the walking 🤷🏿‍♀️

Yet, if MFP figures out a filter, I suppose that could work from some people too.

A. why is that ironic?

and 2. ha ha what if my thread fell off the first page, how is scrolling through a dozen threads and clicking on page two to do it again, any faster than simply seeing only what you want to see

yes I am an IT guy and I appreciate efficiency so this forum lacking some basic functionality is pretty annoying, First World Problems I know, I just thought we would focus on something constructive in between guessing what the poster above us does for a living, I'm guessing a Tiger Trainer ?
  • ccrdragonccrdragon Member Posts: 2,838 Member Member Posts: 2,838 Member
    Go to the first page of the Recent Discussions... next to the create button at the top is an option for 'VIEW'. You should be able to click on that for a drop-down list - on the list click on 'following'. That should limit the topics to ones from the forums that you are following.
  • cmriversidecmriverside Member Posts: 30,737 Member Member Posts: 30,737 Member
    muszyngr wrote: »
    Lietchi wrote: »

Correct, the poster misunderstood the request, their suggestion is for those who first Followed a sub forum, now they can simply Unfollow it, however that does not prevent the most recent posts from showing up in Recent Discussions.

No, I did not misunderstand. I haven't seen a Chit Chat, Fun & Games, Introduce Yourself, Success Stories, OR Gaining weight subforum post in "Recent Discussions" for years, other than that one time a while ago when they broke that filter for a couple days.
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    Go to the first page of the Recent Discussions... next to the create button at the top is an option for 'VIEW'. You should be able to click on that for a drop-down list - on the list click on 'following'. That should limit the topics to ones from the forums that you are following.

^^Did you do this??

Thanks, ccr, I did forget about this second step. It's been several years since I hid all those subs.
    edited October 2020
    thanks, for trying to help, I understand what you are recommending and that is not what I am looking for, I don't want to only see what I am opted into and opt out of entire sub forums like Chit Chat for example I just want to hide the stupid threads under those sub forums if I don't want to see them, but may want to see others, it's just a question of simple granularity since I don't know what may pop up in there, there are plenty of posts posted under the wrong sub forums