Who’s the every day workout people in here?

Replies

• thebiblewithtina
    thebiblewithtina Posts: 48 Member
    I go out cycling 6 days a week (take Sundays off). The only days I don't go out is if it's pouring with rain. Tried cycling in the rain once; not conducive.
  • thebiblewithtina
    thebiblewithtina Posts: 48 Member
    By the way I am 69 and if I can lose weight, anyone can....no excuses!

What reason would you have for not being able to lose weight?

'They' say it's difficult to lose weight the older we get. 'They say'.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    jamloche wrote: »

I still do not understand why someone could not lose weight.....please explain!

Are you demanding an explanation from ... yourself?

I am not “ demanding” anything...I am asking why anyone could not lose weight?....not a medical case but an every day normal person....I have lost 97 lbs in 17 months and it isn’t easy but it is doable....I think people make up many excuses not to lose weight...I did it for years!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Cardio every day (though it's mainly long walks, as long as the weather holds up), strength training 5 days a week. That's alternating between lower body and upper body/core with 2 days off.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I do not workout 7 days a week. I have my rest day but I do plan a light physical activity for the same time I would be exercising. If I do something 7 days a week then mentally it feels like a streak and I am very streak driven. Satisfying the streak is my backup plan for discipline. There might have been a time that having a backup plan would have offended my get and stay motivated - willpower is enough mindset nonsense but I am a little older and wiser now. Plus that mindset never got the adherence or the results.

• jamloche
    jamloche Posts: 109 Member
    edited October 2020

I am not “ demanding” anything...I am asking why anyone could not lose weight?....not a medical case but an every day normal person....I have lost 97 lbs in 17 months and it isn’t easy but it is doable....I think people make up many excuses not to lose weight...I did it for years!

I apologize for the snarky tone in my original response. At first glance it appeared that you were replying to your own comment ... as if someone were actually saying, "I am not able to lose weight." It seemed out of place when you consider that an entire community of people here on MFP are loudly proclaiming that we CAN lose weight.

In response to your question, I think that many people "can't" lose weight in the same way that a thief "can't" find a cop.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member

I apologize for the snarky tone in my original response. At first glance it appeared that you were replying to your own comment ... as if someone were actually saying, "I am not able to lose weight." It seemed out of place when you consider that an entire community of people here on MFP are loudly proclaiming that we CAN lose weight.

In response to your question, I think that many people "can't" lose weight in the same way that a thief "can't" find a cop.

Agreed....my doctor said it is amazing how many patients tell him they don’t know why they don’t lose weight because they don’t eat a thing!....well, I have news for you lol...I gained weight because I ate too much!....if you eat less you are going to lose weight...

No need to apologize, it’s all good!
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    I rarely take a day off. Strength training 4-5 days a week and some form of cardio usually 7 days a week. Sometimes that cardio is taking the dogs for a walk, a hike (nice calorie burn but wears me and the dogs out), or a combination of a dog walk and gym cardio (treadmill, summit climber, rower, and arc trainer)
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,780 Member
    I do. I run and average of 1.5 miles a day, then 30 minutes of weight lifting before work on weekdays, then usually a 3 mile run and an hour of weight lifting on weekends. I will skip either the run or the lifting depending on how my body is feeling
  • QEberhardt
    QEberhardt Posts: 10 Member
    Yes bro even when I need a full rest day it's hard for me to manage. I usually just end up eating until I can't move because I don't know what else to do with myself.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    I go running three times per week, followed by weights. Two further days I do weights. I always have one day off per week, sometimes two.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    I do something every day, or probably 28/30 days. But it’s not hitting it hard every day. I will either walk 4-7 miles or bike an hour every day, lift weights 5-6 days a week.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    edited November 2020
    All I do right now is row an average of 5km everyday on my C2 Rower.

No more lifting, walking/hiking, nada else. It's working for now.
  • violaesmith85
    violaesmith85 Posts: 15 Member
    I do at least 15 minutes twice a day.
  • rcl6
    rcl6 Posts: 84 Member
    I’m an everyday guy. I alternate between strength training and cardiBlo.
  • JulioM997
    JulioM997 Posts: 13 Member
    I'm a 5 day split guy. Mostly bodybuilding with some power lifting days sprinkled in. Not a fan of cardio, but need to be. :)
  • LGS_RFS
    LGS_RFS Posts: 78 Member
    Strength training M-F and weekends is basically cardio and strength training chasing a 2.5 year old and carrying him all over the place.
  • michaelsmithpa
    michaelsmithpa Posts: 22 Member
    Hit the gym at 4:00 AM. I train 7 days a week, weights for 90 minutes Mon-Sat, 20-30 mins of cardio Mon-Sat, Sunday 90-120 mins of cardio. Been lifting since I was 27, (just turned 66 in Oct)
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Same here. Usually not miserable if I miss a day, but there’s definitely some unease.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    Lift 6 days a week (1 bodypart per day) and cardio (high and low) everyday. Even on vacations or if I'm away from home.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png