30lbs to lose... Started AGAIN yesterday (Darn Lockdown Snacking)

Replies

• thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    What a difference a day makes! After refusing to deal with work on my day off and having a massage, I got some sleep. My resting rate has come right down, and I had a massive whooosh overnight, with most of the period weight disappearing. I woke up no longer feeling totally bloated, fat and generally bleuuugh. I mean, I feel a little bit bleeeugh because it's still my TOM, but it's bearably so as opposed to nauseous-angry-stabby-whale so.

I can't remember the last time I switched off from work totally. It's made such a difference to my mood, and that's filtered down to my body. Definitely recommend! I could have punched someone beforehand, I was that close to my limit. My therapist commented on what a difference there was in my face afterwards - he knows me really well and could see my anger levels had plummeted!

@MommaGemz Ah, good old imposter syndrome. I'm glad the moment has passed. It feels the worst when we're doing something new, because even though it's something we can do, we haven't proven it to ourselves yet. We're always our own harshest critics.

But you have a deal to write this book, so someone with experience has chosen to invest and to believe in you - they wouldn't have done that if you didn't make commercial sense. You've got this. You will prove it to yourself in due course, and you'll look back on this when the book is finally published and wonder why you thought so little of your abilities.

@kcd394 Oh, sweetheart, I'm so sorry you hit that low. I'm glad you had Mat to look after you, and I hope you feel better for letting it all out. I always believe out is always better than in. I definitely recommend some time off work - I only had one day off, and it's made a huge difference to my mood. A proper break could be just what you need to reset. Please do ask about some vacation days, you've had such a rough ride of it lately. Well done on the scale moving in your favour - always such a lovely boost!

If anyone else hasn't had a break lately, let me strongly recommend one to you too. It feels like none of us are taking time out for ourselves to unwind until we get to the point of breaking - let's try to look after ourselves before we get there if we can!
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    @kcd394 BIG HUGS! I'm so sorry you're having to work the non-stop hours you are. I really hope that vacation eases your migraines. Sometimes those great breakdowns are good for us, because they show exactly where are tipping point is and shines a light on changes we need to make.

@thelastnightingale Ahhhh yes, imposter syndrome, my old frenemy. I had totally forgotten that term, but that's exactly what happened!

Day 136 (Saturday)

Lew Low - 173.3
    (but I'm too lazy and tired to do the math right now) :p

It was my rest day and I'm so glad I worked these in. I look forward to them and I feel so recuperated before my work week begins on Sunday!

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Steps - Nope
    Water - ✅
  • clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    @kcd394 I hope the last couple of days have been better since your last post! I don’t know how you manage work with those migraines, not to mention LONG work days! Yes, I’d say you are definitely due a relaxing vacation!

@thelastnightingale A massage sounds like exactly what you needed! ( maybe what we ALL need!) So glad you were able to work that in! And glad you got your whoosh!

@MommaGemz Look at you with a new low! Well done!

I didn’t post yesterday but did on UAC. I did not stay within calories yesterday. Snacked too much. Luckily I realized it before I did too much damage. No snacks today! ( only because I fell asleep and had a nice nap, a rare occurrence for me).

Today:
    Exercise: ✅
    Tracked: ✅
    Under: ✅
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    @MommaGemz - I followed your advice before and it worked great, so I think I’m going to move activities around to make room for a rest day. Sounds good and should feel good.
    @kcd394 - sorry to hear your migraines are back. It definitely sounds like the busier and more stressed you get, the longer they stay. If vacation is not in cards right now, and I say you should push for it, then I recommend 10 minutes of meditation every day, to unplug your stress a bit.
    @thelastnightingale - so glad you took the day off and gotten a massage! You were long overdue for that if you were right on the edge. When I was in your shoes the solution to keep me sane, was to create and enforce new boundaries , because theirs was to pile up work on me.
    @clutterqueen - loss of sleep turn me to snacking too. Good for you to realize what was going on and stop, and hurray for the nap!

Congrats on the new scale low @MommaGems and @kcd394 !

We had a rainy and cold weekend here so I did not walk much, with calories I was over but only by 200, I cooked and cleaned some just not all, as initially planned. So I guess overall was a half effort 2 days. Scale is oh so slightly up but once I can be out again, it will go back.
    The one change I noticed I did in the past month was to watch very little tv and do puzzles or read/talk/walk instead. I like it as it feels more real, and it started frankly because I did not find that many good shows/movies lately anyway.

Let’s have a good fresh new week!
  • MommaGemz
    Day 137 (Sunday)

Some days are so very similar I feel I could copy/paste them. Suffered from poor sleep last night (maybe 4 hours?), but still had so much to do. Had to get all those tasks done before school starts on Monday. At least I did end the day feeling productive and had a good evening of relaxation. Early to bed!

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Steps - ✅
    Water - ✅
  • kcd394
    kcd394 Posts: 391 Member
    I feel better after a nice weekend. Helped mat paint (prime actually) the basement and i also went and bought some makeup stuff i wanted to try from the store. I finaly bought my first ever tube of mascara, and i discovered there's a proper way to apply liquid lipstick... i made us stuffed bell peppers on saturday with ground Turkey and the Italian sausage zucchini soup again last night. To balance out all the domesticated things like makeup and cooking i went out and bought my first ever hunting rifle. Hunting season in in two weeks and i love venison so im excited to go out and sight it in etc. Its gonna be cold though since we got our first snow last week (6 inches i had to clean off my car) and its been cold enough that 3 inches of it are still here... new low of 181.4 this morning (was 181 yesterday). Gonna try really hard to leave work by 6 most nights and get to bed earlier.
  • clutterqueen
    @kcd394 Glad you feel better!

Another bad night of sleep for me. My husband is actually sleeping elsewhere tonight so I can get a good night of sleep! I’m going to take advantage in just a few.

• MommaGemz
    Day 138 (Monday)

Although I managed my goals this day, I had very little motivation most of the day. I got through all of the schooling and work tasks pretty slowly. I wasn't tired or depressed, but just.... blah. I'd have rather been on the couch reading all day. It could be that the Fall weather is finally settling in and I'd rather be doing quiet, snuggly things instead.

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Steps - ✅
    Water - ✅

@kcd394 Sounds like you're getting in a good life balance right now. Great! I hope you have a good warm coat for the hunting. And hunting can lead to yummy cooking again. My mother-in-law makes some venison meatballs that are sooooo yummy!

@clutterqueen I hope you had a good night sleep!

@GabiV125 I switched away from TV shows awhile back and I feel so much more engaged. I used to put the kids to bed and settle in with Netflix all night. But now I read, hang out with my husband, do hobbies - I hope to get back to some knitting now that the weather is cooler.
  • MommaGemz
    Day 139 (Tuesday)

I nearly forgot to get all my steps in because I was so busy at my desk all day. I guess it's a blessing that I'm so into what I'm doing that time slips away and not even fighting kids can distract me :D

I wore my tight leggings today to make sure I was reminded not to graze that extra chip or cracker here and there. However, that TOM showed up and now I know why I've been retaining water AND why these leggings feel just a weeee bit tighter than usual. So I'll have to manage through a few days until that TOM water whooshes away and I stop craving salty things.

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Steps - ✅
    Water - ✅
  • clutterqueen
    I had a glorious night of sleep last night with the apartment all to myself! What a difference sleep makes!

@kcd394 I understand your excitement with hunting season, but please don’t tell me if you shoot a deer! It would make me cry! Where I used to live, we had miles of protected area, and the deer would come up to me when I jogged. I got to know them over the years and they certainly got to know me!
    Thank you!

My day:
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    @mommagemz@ann262 I just joined yesterday and I would love to send you a friends request but I don't know how! Send me a request if you are interested. I have 30 pounds I would like to lose and since our goals are similar I thought it would be fun to do it together.
  • kcd394
    Aww ok clutterqueen I won't post if we get any. I did almost smack one with my car on the way home though 😖 Happy to report that paying attention to and trying to keep up with my charts during the day has resulted in now 2 days where I was done with charts by 5 pm and out the door by 515 or before 530 at least. Not sure if things are slowing slightly or if I was just in a better mental space to keep up but it was much less stressful the last two days. I had another migraine today but was still able to keep up with appointments and charts.
    I was in bed by 1015 yesterday, and found that tonight I was able to cook, clean up the kitchen, vacuum the apartment, and find/pack up some stuff to take up north this weekend. Stayed within my calorie goals and just about hit 6 thousand steps today (will by the time i go to bed). Still haven't found the motivation to actually work out but the energy to do stuff when I get home is a huge improvement. Much less stress the last few days. Hope everyone is having a good week so far.
  • clutterqueen
    @kcd394 Wow, you are doing a great job getting out the door at a decent hour! And then going home and taking the time to cook, while fighting migraines, impressive! Have you been keeping a calendar with how many migraines you are suffering a month? It sounds like you’ve had an awful lot! What does your Dr say about them? Peoples Pharmacy has some ideas you might want to look into. My favorite is when you first feel a migraine coming on, eat a popsicle, slushy, whatever you have that’s super cold to induce a brain freeze. The shock of the brain freeze, is supposed to stop the migraine in its tracks if you induce it at the beginning of one. It doesn’t have to be anything too caloric either. I got a brain freeze from drinking a Diet Cherry Lime Ade from Sonic one time. Now, I slow down if I have one as a treat. Anyway, something to think about. I know you’re super busy at work and may not have time to stop but, if you do, you might end up getting more done in the long run. I wonder if missing lunch or eating so late contributes. The only time I ever get a head ache ( I don’t get migraines) is if I go too long without eating. It’s a rare event for me!

@363days Welcome! We’ve all joined @MommaGemz along her journey. She’s supported us along the way as well! We’ve learned so much from each other! At least, I’ve learned from the others. Not sure, I’ve had any words of wisdom!
    Let us know more about you!
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Good morning, so good things are coming our collective way? Yay!
    @kcd394 - leaving work early, actually on time, is so important for one’s overall well-being . So happy for you!
    @MommaGemz - it’s so exciting to hear you follow your passion, and fall/winter sounds like the perfect time to write a book.
    @clutterqueen - hurray for sleep, and even better that you got the good type- the all night full on sleep, not the stolen nap here and there.
    With all the apps, sleep machines, weight blankets and pills, you’d think we all sleep like babies... but very few do.

My daughter played the other night with the dog and got him so riled up that he got the big zummies. At one point the cat jumped on him and he sprayed, on a blanket over the couch. I washed the dog, than the blanket twice and for the last 2 days I keep cleaning the couch, because I have the smell on my brain. Nobody else can smell anything.
    I’m eating right, but my exercise almost disappeared these days. I’m just not in the mood for anything but walks and clean/cook.
  • clutterqueen
    @Gabiv125 Good job eating right! Walking IS exercise! I know what you mean about being the only one in the house who can smell. It seemed like that was always the case when I had a house full. I finally decided that nobody WANTED to admit they smell anything, because then they’d have to help investigate or clean up a mess!
    I’m at my daughter’s tonight, drove the six hours this morning. I was thankful the never was never worse than a light rain, especially going thru the mountains! I should sleep well again tonight. Yea!

My daughter lives on 4th floor. I live on 3rd. My phone says I’ve climbed 24 floors today and I didn’t even have it with me all the time!
    ( plus it wasn’t a jogging day, so no hills outside). I had to lug my weights down the stairs at my apt and up the stairs at hers, then in several days do the reverse. I only bring a set of 20’s and a set of 15’s. Then I have to make do with what my daughter has for the rest.
  • MommaGemz
    Day 140 (Wednesday)

New Low! 172.4 lbs
    LTD 23.8
    Lbs to go = 7.4!

Good thing I had a whoosh today. Today was a rough one because I had the absolute worst night of sleep (on top on that TOM). There was one wake up because of a child's bad dream, but generally my brain would just NOT settle down. I was trapped in thought all night long. That hasn't happened in ages but it is the worst. Anyway, I barely crawled through the day's responsibilities, ate whatever I wanted, napped, and now I'm heading to bed early
  • kcd394
    Going to bed a touch late here but did get out of work on time again :-) played around with makeup tonight after I cooked massaman curry for dinner. I think I'm getting the hang of makep. Had a nice chat with my mom, and then with my dad and his new squeeze (i like her, but we haven't bonded yet). Briefly chatted with mat once he finished painting, before I went to get ready for bed. I'll be so excited when I can live in the same home with mat someday soon... but at least he's one to insist on a phone call every night. He's a keeper.

Good directions for us all! Progress on a book, good sleep for once, and generally on track with calories etc. Go us! I gotta watch how much of that curry i eat at once though... pretty calorie dense.

@clutterqueen my thighs burn at the thought of that many stairs... also im actively tracking the headaches and so far friday mon tues wed i had one... meds control them and i can work with that, but once i see how frequent they really are these days i will revisit the treatment options with my doctor. Working on it.
  • MommaGemz
    Day 141 (Thursday)

I woke up today still tired. Feeling lethargic, unmotivated, dragging myself through tasks, feeling down, and just wanting to lay in a quiet, dark room for the day. Ahhhhh, I see. Depression. This week has been hard and likely has something to do with that TOM, election anxiety, the change in the weather, never having a break from parenting, and pressure on myself to write a masterpiece. It's important that I just be gentle with my self. I'll eat that cookie. But I'll try my best not to eat 12. It's hard to get in steps when I just want to lay down with pillow over my head.

Forgive me please if I'm not all that talkative.
  • clutterqueen
    @MommaGemz Yes, cut yourself a break! Give yourself the same grace you’d give others! Definitely eat the cookie. I always find a way to work in a treat every day. If I don’t, I can’t stick to my eating plan very long, because it feels too much like I’m on a restrictive DIET!

@kcd394 Glad you’re keeping track of the migraines. I hope you find better relief!! No one deserves to have to suffer through them.

I got my daughter to go vote today. She wanted to do the absentee ballot and drop it off. There was zero waiting for her to just walk right in and vote!

Good news:
    My favorite soda was back in stock at the grocery today- caffeine free Coke Zero. It’s been out of stock ( due to aluminum shortage) since April or May, I think. I had 3 cases that I’d been making last, still had 2 cans left even though they actually expired Oct 5. I know I shouldn’t drink soda at all but I still do. Not every day.

• kcd394
    Thursday I did not get out at a good time, I left at 7. We had a super stressful day where lots of things were fighting with us. All the smaller frustrations, an emergency surgery squeezed in, and then dealing with our most frustrating jerk of a client at the last appt (whose appt turned not routine because two of his 4 dogs tested heartworm positive) really made today suck for everyone. Can't say I had a headache but I did feel some symptoms like sensitivity to lights and sounds and I felt kinda foggy. Got some decent sleep and this morning I have dry throat that feels a touch sore. My coworkers have had colds, so I hope I didn't get one from them... scale is kinda fluctuating this week but its that TOM and I've eaten more salty foods lately. Hopefully today is less stressful. I did avoid any snacks and didn't succumb to dairy queen or McDonalds on the way home. Mat and I are heading north this weekend.