What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    A new greek in the neighbourhood. I am going to try something similar to that cod dish tomorrow night.
    rb7fgojqmuhg.jpeg
    wepfnz95mroi.jpeg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    jhqfsgdq62t8.jpeg

Marmite Tempeh, Spelt and some other stuff.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    ^do you ferment your own tempeh?
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

No, it’s not something I eat often - I maybe buy a 200g pack 2-3 times a year. So I’ll have it 4 times in a week then not for months.

I’ve looked at how it’s done though, because I’m always curious about food and cooking! Stumbling block for me is the idea that you have to buy the cultured bacteria! If it worked like Kimchi or Sourdough that might be different!

I’ve got no idea where one goes to buy such things!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

No, it’s not something I eat often - I maybe buy a 200g pack 2-3 times a year. So I’ll have it 4 times in a week then not for months.

I’ve looked at how it’s done though, because I’m always curious about food and cooking! Stumbling block for me is the idea that you have to buy the cultured bacteria! If it worked like Kimchi or Sourdough that might be different!

I’ve got no idea where one goes to buy such things!

I too have just looked into making it. It doesn't sound too complicated and I think my local health food store(s) might have the starter. However, I tried making sauerkraut and it didn't turn out...I kind of 'winged' it though.
  • acpgee
    My attempt at replicating the cod dish we had Saturday nightin a restaurant. Carrot mirepoix cooked in leftover sauce from a caribbean seafood boil mixed with a tin of borlotti beans, pan fried hake with gremolata. A side of air fried courgette. Missing the pretty parsley oil of the restaurant dish.
    jeuzooynqgoj.jpeg
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    gy38jngls4l4.jpeg

Made Greek chicken pasta with Banza chickpea pasta. It was pretty good; I feel like it could be better. Further experimentation is needed!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    edited October 2020
    Risotto w grated zucchini, telline (small clams), low fat cream, broth, EVOO, black pepper, white wine, and grated Parmigiano Reggiano.5sa58wz5pg59.jpg
  • joshchapo
    joshchapo Posts: 186 Member
    sbw5ixafxmcj.jpeg

Snapping turtle burger aka “Turgler”
    Side of maple brown sugar beans

Turtle meat so tender, tasty, and super super lean! More lean then turkey, venison, grass fed beef
  • PAPYRUS3
    senalay788 wrote: »
    Kale and stuff...

hry3ifnwv1ao.jpg

'stuff' sure looks good😉
  • acpgee
    Thai inspired salad of grapefruit and pineapple with toasted coconut and almonds, raw and fried shallots, mint and coriander to start. Main of Vietnamese pancakes with sous vide chicken. This time I tried a recipe where you fill the pancakes at the table but next time will return to conventional method which cooks the filling in the pancake because I like the beansprouts a bit wilted. The pancakes look dark because some recipes call beer instead of sparkling water in the batter and we only had a dark ale in the house. Lightly pickled carrot on the side.
    exdg9virx1hl.jpeg
    0lnqj5kyj4y3.jpeg
    bm12js1bdocb.jpeg