Why do you care if people read your food diary?

Replies

• domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    People with eating disorders can find even the thought of people possibly judging what they eat triggering. There really is no reason to look through other people's diaries unless they ask for advice. 🤷‍♀️ As stated above unless you know specifics about that person it is completely without context.

I didn't think of that, that's a really good point.
  • domeofstars
    Someone sent me judgemental private messages about what I was eating and it annoyed me. Like, don't drink tomato juice, it has lots of sugar. Plus, I am like the other person here who doesn't log every day.

I'm sorry to hear that. It's disappointing, especially when this is supposed to be a supportive forum.
  • domeofstars
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Because my diet isn't like other peoples, its not even close to perfect, and people send rude comments sometimes. I'm not interested. I'm stressed enough. And I dont plan on changing what I'm eating because it makes me feel good and anytime I mess with it im starving.

I'm sorry to hear about the rude comments, it's completely unnecessary
  • domeofstars
    edited October 2020
    Deviette wrote: »
    Why not? Why do you care if people have their diary set to private?

I sometimes find it interesting to read food diaries, to see what works for others in their weight loss journey.

Thank you to the people who have answered my question. 🙏
    Some really good points have been mentioned, ones I didn't even think of.
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    I'm not really bothered either way. I have it on Public, as I don't care if someone looks at it or not. And a while ago I had a question here on the forum for which it was handy that people could see my general diet.

I sometimes look at other people's diaries, but truthfully, half the time I don't even know their products as a lot of my MFPs are in the US and I wouldn't recognise their entries.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    I personally don't care as I stopped logging here and use another better app. Mine has always been public.

I can understand why someone would keep it private. To each their own.
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 210 Member
    I'm a fairly private person and don't add many friends on here as it is. To me it's no one else's business, unless I ask a question for feedback. I want to be able to honestly log. I'll be the only one to know if being over was planned, a binge, just over for that day, or bad week etc. I have no interest in what someone else's is either so assume mine would be of no interest to them.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Mine was public at one point when I was actively losing (I've been in maintenance for a while) and participated on my feed. I never got negative comments on it, and I also never looked at anyone else's (since that seems boring to me, as my tastes are unlikely to be theirs), but I didn't mind sharing, and some seemed to like to look at other people's diaries.

Now I don't log regularly and when I do it's not here, and I don't interact with my feed at all. Even if I logged here I'd probably keep it closed unless I needed help of some sort that required someone else looking at my logging.