General Chat

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    nexangelus wrote: »
    Hey peeps!

Not checked in for a while as my weight is all over the place. Have shot up by 9 lbs in however long I have not checked in for and have not been overeating to the extent that should warrant a huge up spike...will be in touch with the doctor to see if the endocrinologist referral appointment can be made any sooner...unsure what is going on. It may have been the scales, though, as have new scales....it may be really hard training and body trying hard to repair itself...it could be any number of things but am a little disheartened where it comes to the scale at the moment. The body is strong and training well and clothes fitting fine...apart from some abdominal bloat which has suddenly started...sorry for the too much info, just jotting this down for future reference...

If the clothes are fitting fine, I would not worry too much about the scale, you do some fairly intense training girl! Did you manage to get an appointment sorted sooner?
  • tinkerbellang83
    @conniewilkins56 you've been relatively quiet this month is all ok? (No pressure to post, I just like to try and check in with people if they haven't posted for a while and I don't have you as a friend so can't message you).
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    @tinkerbellang83 no, registered the referral as requested on the hospital site and not heard anything back, so it seems, that next year it is then...had no really bad shaky episodes, just fatigue again around Thursday/Friday, but that is probably normal for most people, end of week blues, etc...

Scale is moving down again slowly.....creeping, coach has kept me on 1903 cals for ages now...she knows that when I drop down and head towards 1700s then I really start to feel it. But my lifts are still going up in a deficit and my body is defo recomping, as seeing slightly more definition in back and shoulders and some weird things are happening at waist level and bum level...looking forward to measurements end of the month and progress pics...eek!
  • @tinkerbellang83

Hope everything is ok. Group seems to be rather quieter than usual.
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited December 2020
    @tinkerbellang83

All good here, there's a few chats going on in the December Goals thread - it doesn't appear for me in the group's thread list but does in Chris's I just get notifications because I created it.

I guess the weigh ins might be quieter as some people take diet breaks over the holidays, but also most folk weigh in later in the week I think.
  • @tinkerbellang83

All good here, there's a few chats going on in the December Goals thread - it doesn't appear for me in the group's thread list but does in Chris's I just get notifications because I created it.

I guess the weigh ins might be quieter as some people take diet breaks over the holidays, but also most folk weigh in later in the week I think.

Thank you, I hadn't noticed that thread but will mark it now. Will there be a progress report for November?
  • tinkerbellang83
    @tinkerbellang83

Thank you, I hadn't noticed that thread but will mark it now. Will there be a progress report for November?

Yes will probably be the weekend before I get around to it though. We just moved house for the second time in 3 weeks the weekend before last so been a bit busier at home than normal. 😊
  • @tinkerbellang83

Yes will probably be the weekend before I get around to it though. We just moved house for the second time in 3 weeks the weekend before last so been a bit busier at home than normal. 😊

Thank you, I didn't mean to hassle you.

Gosh, what a busy time you're having. I've rarely left the house. I did today, and now I'm exhausted.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,127 Member
    Little bit sad, I adjusted my "start weight" to 2/23/2021, I came in 0.01 lbs higher than my last starting weight back in 2017. Interestingly it was almost the exact same calendar date...2/21/2017. February seem to be my target month to start.
  • wobblemcwobbleface
    wobblemcwobbleface Posts: 93 Member
    hi all

Well what can I say other than the weight has gone up as the mood has darkened.....

I am going to try a reset - went for a run last night - the first in 4 years plus - managed a whole mile odd before stopping....lol. I am going to have a look at this and reset where I am , perhaps need to look at now having more weight means I have more of an adventure to loose it :) Hey ho

trust everyone is well and staying sane

wobble
  • chris_in_cal
    Let's start our Weekly Weigh-in going again. The accountability is always inspiring. You in @marieamethyst @kkmark @dani_doing_it @Fitmomof3nprogress @allierat84 @MrsLg @cyndit1

Let's pick our days and post weekly. 2023 can just starting building that positive weekly momentum.

Chris
  • chris_in_cal
    Anyone? You know, start the week off right, stay on track.
    @LenGray @Lauburn12 @WifiresGettingFit @caroline_mason42 @PKM0515
  • chris_in_cal
    Hey @Dante_80 @SavageMrsMoose shall we do our weekly weigh-in?
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 841 Member
    Thanks for the accountability reminder @chris_in_cal!

Today, I focused on prepping meals for the week and getting some movement in. I've been having a pretty rough time this year, habit-wise, but I have a few weeks off so I'm hoping to re-establish some better practices. As for the food, I made lentil barley soup, vegan pulled pork, and tofu sushi bowls. I also took my dogs for a long walk and am planning on some yoga this evening.

My goals for this week are:
    -Stick to my calorie goal for at least 4 days
    -Exercise for 25 minutes 3x/week
    -Drink 8 glasses of water a day
    -Take measurements (I don't currently have a weigh-in scale)
  • chris_in_cal
    LenGray wrote: »
    I've been having a pretty rough time this year, habit-wise,

You are not alone there, it's been rough. I'm hoping to get some momentum and support here, I'm glad you posted.

Whoop, that makes it tough in a "weekly weigh-in" group. But it really sounds like you are taking some positive steps. Good luck.
  • tinkerbellang83
    I've been having a pretty rough time this year, habit-wise,

You are not alone there, it's been rough. I'm hoping to get some momentum and support here, I'm glad you posted.

Whoop, that makes it tough in a "weekly weigh-in" group. But it really sounds like you are taking some positive steps. Good luck.

Nothing to stop @LenGray posting measurements instead of weights, I can add the measurements together and use overall measurements vs previous month in the Progress Report.
  • LenGray
    lol The lack of scale does make it a bit more tough, but I'm okay with that :)

Right now, I'm focusing on habits and how my body feels, so measurements make more sense for now. Another bit of accountability I'm using is journaling. I journaled about how my pants felt Monday (I had to actually unzip them to get them over my hips) and so I'll journal again next Monday with the same pants and see if there's a difference. So, between those metrics and my food diary, I should be able to track all of my goals :)

• tinkerbellang83
    edited May 2023

Right now, I'm focusing on habits and how my body feels, so measurements make more sense for now. Another bit of accountability I'm using is journaling. I journaled about how my pants felt Monday (I had to actually unzip them to get them over my hips) and so I'll journal again next Monday with the same pants and see if there's a difference. So, between those metrics and my food diary, I should be able to track all of my goals :)

There is an app called methreesixty which will give you fairly accurate measurements from a camera scan from your phone. I have used it and compared with manually taken measurements and found it to vary no more than an inch compared to the manual ones. You can also use it to compare previous scans.
  • LenGray

There is an app called methreesixty which will give you fairly accurate measurements from a camera scan from your phone. I have used it and compared with manually taken measurements and found it to vary no more than an inch compared to the manual ones. You can also use it to compare previous scans.

Very cool! I may have to give that a try. :)
  • LenGray
    How's everyone doing? We've made it through the halfway point in the week!

My progress so far is that I've only missed one day of my water goal (6 cups instead of 8) and have only gone over my calories once, though I was still in a deficit. I'm also planning on hitting the halfway mark with my exercise goal today by taking my dogs on a long walk :)

Good luck with the second half of the week and keep going! You've got this B)