What's on your mind?

Replies

• DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    I am in such a slump. Every time I seem to start making gains, I get hurt. Knee, ankle, shoulder, back. I am freaking falling apart. (Thank you 40s)

I used to love running, but my knees and ankles don't let me anymore. My quest to complete 250 miles this summer (which I completed) killed my ankle and now I can't even hit 6k steps til that heals.

I may try to get back into lifting, but I'm just struggling so hard to find motivation. I have been there/done that on logging food and exercise (and had the 6pack to show for it), but over the past three years, I've found 15 pounds, and lost any progress I gained.

My problem is caring enough to do it again. I don't like how I feel, I oscillate between - hey you STILL look great - and - gawd I feel horrendous - but I just don't have the energy to fight.

It's just... eff all this stress. Ya know?

Totally feel your pain, I have a laundry list of injuries that seem to happen just as I'm getting back in the saddle. We just gotta keep on fighting the good fight.

Hope you get back on track soon.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    u1zlybb6uyf6.gif

Meat is Murder
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    I feel sad that they cancelled the annual Christmas food drive where I live because of covid. Thinking about those families that depend on that to have a nice Christmas dinner. We can bring food at the shelter but I'm thinking it won't be as successful as usual because some people won't go there.
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    u1zlybb6uyf6.gif

Meat is Murder

d004c1r94kxy.gif

🤣😂🤣
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    "Sorry boss, I can't come in, I have folliculitis" only works once.
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    I knew that I was tired at work and now I’ve slept roughly 9-10 hours. I did wake up at some point but not for long. 😴
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    hawkeye45_ wrote: »
    "Sorry boss, I can't come in, I have folliculitis" only works once.

Clearly you're not thinking 2020 strategies.
  • Motorsheen
    I just wondering why a gallon of milk can cost so much more at a convenience store compared to a grocery store.

This convenience store milk... is it magic milk?

I think somebody needs to be taken to the wood shed for this convenience store milk.

Damn them.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,010 Member
    I just wondering why a gallon of milk can cost so much more at a convenience store compared to a grocery store.

I think somebody needs to be taken to the wood shed for this convenience store milk.

Damn them.

It seems as if convenience has a price
  • Motorsheen
    Revolu7 wrote: »

Damn them.

.... evidently

I still want to fight someone over this.

maybe an assistant night manager ??
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,010 Member

Damn them.

.... evidently

Please do! I love these youtube convenience store brawls!
  • Motorsheen

Damn them.

.... evidently

Not to be a douche to you, but IRL my typical response would be something like...

“A lack of proper planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine. Thus, I can charge whatever you’ll pay”.

My response to PMs with last minute, ad-hoc requests is something similar.

Hope you got your milk at a reasonable price and can plan better in the future. 🙂

I just want to fight an assistant night manager.

.... is that too much to ask ?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    My netflix went from holloween horror to Christmas romcoms overnight. Holloween hasn't even happened yet...
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    My netflix went from holloween horror to Christmas romcoms overnight. Holloween hasn't even happened yet...

Here too..
  • KLoGetsHealthy
    KLoGetsHealthy Posts: 272 Member
    Why is it when the times about to change is just get sleepy!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @KLoGetsHealthy Isn't it strange. The time change does the same thing to me.
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    I was very skeptical about this but I went to my 1st Reiki session today and it was amazing.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member

Damn them.

.... evidently

Not to be a douche to you, but IRL my typical response would be something like...

“A lack of proper planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine. Thus, I can charge whatever you’ll pay”.

My response to PMs with last minute, ad-hoc requests is something similar.

Hope you got your milk at a reasonable price and can plan better in the future. 🙂

I just want to fight an assistant night manager.

.... is that too much to ask ?

I’ll supply the jello!