The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    cgrout78 wrote: »
    Anyone else ever feel like they are ready to go on strike??? I swear that my kids and husband can manage to not see or hear ANYTHING. Garbages overflowing, wrappers laying around, dishwasher that needs emptying etc. I got up this morning, walked upstairs and just seriously wanted to walk right out of the house and check myself into a hotel for a few days.

This Covid thing is just so hard sometimes. Working from home, kids schooling at home, I get jealous of my husband for getting to leave to go to work. I love my kids/puppies so much, but OH MY GOD. Just a few hours break would be nice.

Sorry to vent/whine. It was just a rough morning. But I'm drinking my snarky tea "Calm the F*** down" and zen will take over...soon I hope!!!

It's tough having everyone home. They don't realize the mess they make just by being home and my family is similar it's like they just don't notice the disaster they create.

My husband if he clears his dinner dishes will expect praise, the boy changes his clothes at the computer which is in the dining room and just leaves them there. His garbage is always overflowing it's like they just don't see the clutter and crud.

Hope you can get out a bit, I have been going for walks for some peace and quiet to myself, unfortunately often hubs wants to come which I feel bad feeling upset cause he really needs to do some kind of activity but that's my quiet time
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Same here. I'm working from home this week, The girls and husband are on a week off. And guess who's still wiping crumbs off the counter or tells girls to bring their glasses/plates down and put them IN the dishwasher - rather than leave them on top....
    Whenever possible I try to go for a walk, I ended up going just now after all. It was crazy windy out there and still a bit wet, so I'm completely wind swept, but that's ok, no one sees me anyway.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,945 Member
    I did not fall on my kitten for the record.

One, she is hardly a kitten anymore, no matter what she tells people and two, it probably would have been the end of her if I had! :D

Yes, of course it's obvious you actually fell on your DONKEY. 🐴
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Same here. I'm working from home this week, The girls and husband are on a week off. And guess who's still wiping crumbs off the counter or tells girls to bring their glasses/plates down and put them IN the dishwasher - rather than leave them on top....
    Whenever possible I try to go for a walk, I ended up going just now after all. It was crazy windy out there and still a bit wet, so I'm completely wind swept, but that's ok, no one sees me anyway.

Hugest hugs to you.....
    I think many can relate to this, especially your last line.
    I value and appreciate you. You’re funny and smart and I always enjoy reading your comments.
    I see you 🤗🤗🤗

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @AliNouveau Is there such a thing as dark chocolate ginger snaps, like those cookies of yours...would adding fresh ginger be off the wall.
  • _canadianbakin_
    _canadianbakin_ Posts: 413 Member
    Glad I'm not the only one that has a teenager who leaves his clothes at his desk and plates and cups lol. I know one day I will be sad he's not 'little' anymore.
  • AliNouveau
    @AliNouveau Is there such a thing as dark chocolate ginger snaps, like those cookies of yours...would adding fresh ginger be off the wall.

Ooooh I love your thinking!!! I will have to try. Could even add chunks of crystalized ginger. Wouldn't that be a treat!
  • AliNouveau
    So I got an email with a two week free workout video program from some YouTube fitness people I follow. Well the first week is free you have to pay for the second. I'm the type of person who likes to get things done so I did all 6 of the first week yesterday and today. It was kind of fun really. Maybe I should offer to be the tester for these programs they do. Tomorrow I'll do a couple more workouts and then be ready for Halloween candy binge. 🤣😂
  • Diatonic12
    g2p58nk26g7z.png

Ayup.
  • AliNouveau
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    g2p58nk26g7z.png

Ayup.

Ginger and chocolate are such a nice combo
    Now I want to make some ginger snaps....maybe for Halloween
  • Diatonic12
    @AliNouveau You're the champion baker. You've got to come up with a recipe. Dark chocolate ginger snaps.
  • forestfreek
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @AliNouveau You're the champion baker. You've got to come up with a recipe. Dark chocolate ginger snaps.

Oh lord.....
    YUM 😍
  • AliNouveau
    Well now I've a challenge
    Haha
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Good morning Middle-agers.. Tgif 😄 its looking like a lovely day outside.. perfect for a little gardening.. little tomatoes are just starting to grow and the zucchini has 4 flowers, can't wait to be eating them.
    Have a great day everyone..
  • forestfreek
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Haha

You sure do!
    And since you and I are geographically very close, I just may show up on your doorstep to steal some from you 🤣🤣🤣

• slimgirljo15
    cgrout78 wrote: »
    Anyone else ever feel like they are ready to go on strike??? I swear that my kids and husband can manage to not see or hear ANYTHING. Garbages overflowing, wrappers laying around, dishwasher that needs emptying etc. I got up this morning, walked upstairs and just seriously wanted to walk right out of the house and check myself into a hotel for a few days.

This Covid thing is just so hard sometimes. Working from home, kids schooling at home, I get jealous of my husband for getting to leave to go to work. I love my kids/puppies so much, but OH MY GOD. Just a few hours break would be nice.

Sorry to vent/whine. It was just a rough morning. But I'm drinking my snarky tea "Calm the F*** down" and zen will take over...soon I hope!!!

I hope your day improved and you got some peace 🙂
  • AprilCatlett
    AprilCatlett Posts: 1 Member
    I can relate before my kids left the nest. Now I feel the opposite most days...envy my retired husband who gets to stay home with the dog while I go out into the COVID world which stresses to the max on a daily basis. Evening dog walks help a little but I will be happy when this virus is under control.
  • AliNouveau
    edited October 2020
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Haha

You sure do!
    And since you and I are geographically very close, I just may show up on your doorstep to steal some from you 🤣🤣🤣

Haha I just put dark chocolate in my grocery order for tomorrow. No crystalized ginger but got some fresh. If you pop by tomorrow you can have a loaf of bread too!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Good morning Middle-agers.. Tgif 😄 its looking like a lovely day outside.. perfect for a little gardening.. little tomatoes are just starting to grow and the zucchini has 4 flowers, can't wait to be eating them.

Not quite Friday for me yet, and it has NOT been a lovely day here. Seems like tomorrow will be worse.

And be thankful for those little tomatoes you have. Our farmers are complaining about rain damaging young crops or knocking off blossoms.
  • slimgirljo15
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

Not quite Friday for me yet, and it has NOT been a lovely day here. Seems like tomorrow will be worse.

And be thankful for those little tomatoes you have. Our farmers are complaining about rain damaging young crops or knocking off blossoms.

Im sorry to hear that Tony 😔
    Yesterday there were hail storms about but luckily missed my area.
    Im so looking forward to homegrown tomatoes, they taste so much better than store bought.