The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,186 Member
    I do, but by the time I found out it was going to blow right through, I was at the short cut point so I just took the shortcut. Cuts it too 2.5 miles. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    I hope everyone is staying warm & safe. My niece just got married this past weekend, just in time (she had 25 people for their outdoor wedding) as now the Covid protocol is no more than 6 persons in a group (your 'bubble'). We are into the second wave now and cases and hospitalizations have gone up quite a bit so group get-togethers have been curtailed as that seems to be the super-spreader problem. Almost 80% of all of the cases, and 90% of the deaths from Covid-19 have occurred in Ontario and Quebec, but here in my area of BC we are only at 4.4 cases /100,000 population. I think they are afraid of it spreading from the BC South Coast health regions as it is quite a bit higher there (26.5/100,000 population)
    I'll pop a couple of wedding pictures up when I get the chance to download from my phone. Boy was it chilly, lots of fur was worn.
  • sufferlandrian
    People say the Flathead is full of very independent people, but I think it's just rebellious people. We know what helps limit the spread but they refuse. Businesses refuse to limit customers to allow social distancing. People raise hell if anyone asks them to wear a mask. You still see wedding parties of 100+ and social activities like bars that are packed beyond capacity. One bar even advertises that they refuse to enforce guidelines as a way to get people in. The place is packed every night. No wonder we went from one of the lowest Covid counties in Montana to 3rd highest.
  • canadjineh
    I hope you are able to keep your staff and customers safe, and the dogs too, since they can catch it. https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/a-little-legacy-this-dog-was-the-first-in-canada-to-test-positive-for-covid-19-1.5163199
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @sufferlandrian Yellowstone County. Oy vey. :/ Watch the numbers every night.
  • canadjineh
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @sufferlandrian Yellowstone County. Oy vey. :/ Watch the numbers every night.

Yikes, nearly 2000 active cases today in Yellowstone County alone!
    Flathead has the second highest number of active cases in the state. quote from Montana Free Press https://montanafreepress.org/2020/10/22/flathead-county-draws-covid-enforcement/
    Flathead County draws COVID enforcement
    The state will ask a court to force five county businesses, which Bullock said were repeat violators of health directives, to follow the rules or be closed.
  • sufferlandrian
    Well, we just lost out to three other counties for active cases. I guess the water in the lake must have healing properties. :smile: Now only have the fourth most active cases in Montana. Sometimes I think people think this is a game to see who can get the most cases.
  • sufferlandrian
    50 during the day and 16 at night. Hard to dress appropriately. I’ve had to start carrying saddle bags again so I have a variety of biking clothes to choose from.
  • canadjineh
    You might just have to leave a whole wardrobe at work, lol. I used to do that when I worked at the bank - lived close enough to walk or ski to work but of course not banking-dress-code appropriate when combining exercise with commute.
  • sufferlandrian
    It’s supposed to cool down this weekend so maybe it won’t be so bad. 20s at night and 30s during the day. We’ll see.
  • sufferlandrian
    Do you Canadians ever feel like you live in the apartment above the drunk neighbor?
  • canadjineh
    Do you Canadians ever feel like you live in the apartment above the drunk neighbor?

No.... unfortunately it feels more like we live in the apartment below the drunk neighbour.
    7ia67b5zfjtw.png
  • sufferlandrian
    canadjineh wrote: »

No.... unfortunately it feels more like we live in the apartment below the drunk neighbour.
    7ia67b5zfjtw.png

Ha Ha! Sorry. We’ll all wake up with a hangover in a couple months.
  • canadjineh
    We are all laughing here about the 'Four Seasons' press conference. I'm glad the landscaping company is making money off of humorous T shirts and such.
  • sufferlandrian
    Thank goodness for a very nice lady at Centurylink this morning. I almost had to sit around all day waiting for a technician. They gave me a time of 8 AM to 5 PM for an appointment. She was able to pin it down to 2 PM and leave a note for the tech to call first since I would be getting kids from school.
  • sufferlandrian
    7vgrre5fn2sr.jpeg
  • canadjineh
    Wow, snowy and wintry where you are! We have below zero temps and frost but tons of sunshine and dry in the valley. The cross country ski areas are open already, but I have a new job (1 month) and haven't had time to even consider heading out for a snowshoe or ski up higher. I'm taking a break from security, and am working very locally (2 km away from my house) at the corner store/liquor outlet/gas station that is sort of a hub for our community. Everybody drops in for a quick chat, to post something on the bulletin board, or to pick up stuff they don't want to run into town for, like a carton of milk, a case of beer, some esoteric recipe ingredient at the last minute, etc. I think the bosses like me....I already got a raise after my first 2 week paycheque, and they are signing me up for paid health benefits of $1800/year on whatever we want to use it for (massage therapy, acupuncture, glasses, dental, etc) even though the bosses said it would happen after 6 months. Yaaay me!

Stay kind, stay safe, stay strong.
  • canadjineh
    Forgot I promised a few pictures of the wedding: here they are (Covid compliant outdoors and 25 persons or less at the time.) A couple more hundred family and friends attended on Zoom which is why you see the earbuds in the groom's ear, lol.)
    5rk2fdli93s0.jpg
    dvxz86rnh41z.jpg
    uzn73f99yzw3.jpg
    The bride and her mom.
    eqbxzc8pnps4.jpg
    The bride with her Nana & Papa (my parents.)

• canadjineh
    Oh yeah..... can't forget the cake:
    j8iajb95d4ug.jpg
  • sufferlandrian
    The cake looks yummy. :smile: This is a bad time of year for diets. :frowning: