Raw vs Cooked meat weight

I usually measure my raw chicken and then measure it again after it’s cooked. But I just bought a grilled chicken steak and I have no idea how to input it into my diary. It’s cooked weight is 123 grams but how much would it weigh raw? I always stress out when I decide to eat precooked food because I know I’m going to have trouble inputing it into my diary. Should I add 25% to the cooked weigh and input that amount to my diary?

Replies

• CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    The packaging should have the nutritional information.
  • vesi4047
    vesi4047 Posts: 3 Member
    CipherZero wrote: »
    The packaging should have the nutritional information.
    There’s no nutritional information. That’s why I’m asking what to do, how many grams should I add to the cooked meat and try to guess what the raw weight might be?
  • JaneClara
    JaneClara Posts: 120 Member
    I'm not sure if this is right, but why not use an entry for cooked chicken steak?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    vesi4047 wrote: »
    I usually measure my raw chicken and then measure it again after it’s cooked. But I just bought a grilled chicken steak and I have no idea how to input it into my diary. It’s cooked weight is 123 grams but how much would it weigh raw? I always stress out when I decide to eat precooked food because I know I’m going to have trouble inputing it into my diary. Should I add 25% to the cooked weigh and input that amount to my diary?

Just used an entry from the database for "cooked" instead of raw.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,959 Member
    What's a grilled chicken steak? If it's just chicken cut or formed into a steak-like shape and grilled, use an entry like

Chicken, broiler or fryers, breast, skinless, boneless, meat only, cooked, grilled